Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ambershire- Lands of Reinark

Toranos

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I guess it's time to show you guys our "Sample" particle engine. This is WIP and just shows you what we can achieve using a particle editor. Particles can be used for environmental situations or even skills.

Check out the video below (note, video is recorded using a cheap, but free app. Don't mind the quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-UColBJZ9U

@Azyru:

> Wow, this looks extremely impressive. I love the pixel art, the graphics and everything!!! Keep it up!
>
> EDIT: Mr. Sean the site isn't up but it still looks very nice. Keep it up! (I can see the layout, etc…)

Thanks Azyru. [Here's a link to our forums](http://www.ambershire.net/forum/index.php), if you are looking for more information, at the moment Socuine and Sean are working on the site, experimenting and the such, so the navbar is blank.

@MrMiguu:

> What graphical library are you using for your game (DirectX, OpenGL, other)?

Mellowz will need to confirm this, so take my words lightly, but I believe it is DirectX.

@Toranos:

> Thanks Azyru. [Here's a link to our forums](http://www.ambershire.net/forum/index.php), if you are looking for more information, at the moment Socuine and Sean are working on the site, experimenting and the such, so the navbar is blank.
>
> Mellowz will need to confirm this, so take my words lightly, but I believe it is DirectX.

> Socunie: we are using XNA

Nice graphics, I've lurked on these forums for years and it's refreshing to see some solid stuff every now and then. I just have one comment right now, your chopped trees, the color of the wood looks exactly like the bark, maybe change the color to replicate real trees.

Keep it up, seen lots of promising games as elaborate as yours with good pixel artists/programmers abandon their projects. :/

@kyoghin:

> Nice graphics, I've lurked on these forums for years and it's refreshing to see some solid stuff every now and then. I just have one comment right now, your chopped trees, the color of the wood looks exactly like the bark, maybe change the color to replicate real trees.
>
> Keep it up, seen lots of promising games as elaborate as yours with good pixel artists/programmers abandon their projects. :/

Thank you for your reply. Alot of people are refering to the Trunks, with the used colours. I appreciate it that you take your time to tell us. We'll put these suggestions in que and elaborate about improvements!