Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zombieville

Valorn

Please note: All of this is purely for show at the moment as it's very WIP.

Concept: Zombie Apocalypse Survival ORPG

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/c44da5b4584aff2e37fdb1755ea26c3a.png)

(Especially ignore the doors)

I love the retro feel, it looks awesome, the sprites could use some work though, You do know that there is an Ipod Application called Zombieville thats extremely popular? Im not sure wether your basing the game off that or not, but there is. Looks awesome though.

The game won't be called Zombieville and the sprites will be touched up but for the mo I think they fit the theme. Thanks for the positive replies everyone.

The main graphic inspiration was a wicked game called Dungeons of Fayte where I based my sprite off.

The only game information I can give out right now is this small summary:

_Kablooey. A Nuclear war was bound to happen. By god it did. The combination of gases in our Lithosphere and the bombs created an accidental biochemical weapon that sweeps across the globe. So those of us that survive the bombs now have to face a new biochemical lifeform. But enough with the fancy names and all that. It's the Zombie Apocalypse._

Zombieville(To be named)  is a comedic post apocalyptic/zombie armageddon ORPG. It shares the warm fuzzy feeling of 8 bit retro graphics and the kill kill kill gameplay of shoot 'em up games. Explore the ruined earth now unrecognisable from decay and nuclear explosions. oh and grab yer gun because you might meet a few zombies on the way.

Yeah man, thats awesome, just what we needed around here seriously, a lot of fail zombie games and it'd be awesome to finally have a finished one that has custom graphics! Go through with it man!

@ceriux:

> I like the idea of this and I like the style of graphics your using ill be playing if it's released!

Thank you, I love MC's graphics too :)

@Roxanna:

> x3 It has a nice feel to it.
> <.<; Though I'm not one for zombie games.

Thanks, unfortunately if you don't like Zombie games then playing a Zombie ORPG might not be for you but as we slowly build our game from the ground up other features and gameplay options will come into view I'm sure so stick around mate.

@xXwArIoXx66:

> Yeah man, thats awesome, just what we needed around here seriously, a lot of fail zombie games and it'd be awesome to finally have a finished one that has custom graphics! Go through with it man!

Yeah thanks, everything is going to be custom, GUI, Spell Anim etc etc and I really think my friend and I are making great progress with this we should be hoping to smack out a small small small Alpha by the end of this or next week so we could possibly contact you to try it out with a select few others seeing as you seem pumped to play this? :)

@Fuu:

> I would ducking play that all day.

Haha thanks hopefully the gameplay will be upto standard as well as your view on the graphics :)

Woo so many positive replies! Basically my school has ended for a week until next Monday so I have a lot of free time to do stuff, unfortunately I'm in London most of today yet when I get back I will begin planning out areas and drawing maps on paper then begin some tileset making!

Stay tuned! To be updated!

@DDunit:

> George, if you're the George I'm thinking about, I will slap you across the face with a tuna.
>
> If not, that's amazing work & can't wait for more. ;3

Sorry mate we're both completely new to the forums so the likelyhood of us being aquainted is very small.

And thank you.

so i have a question, will this be like  based in cities, neighborhoods , and what not or will it be like a zombie survival with like mapping more fitted to a medieval theme? (tree's and rocks and rivers, ect.) cause i think it would be better if you were running around in a city full of buildings to explore and scavenge.

@ceriux:

> so I have a question, will this be like  based in cities, neighborhoods , and what not or will it be like a zombie survival with like mapping more fitted to a medieval theme? (tree's and rocks and rivers, ect.) cause I think it would be better if you were running around in a city full of buildings to explore and scavenge.

The game setting is situated around a small modern town (to be named) where you are trying to fight your way to some sort of exit, which is still being established, a Chopper, a Boat etc etc. But there are many different "levels or zones" you fight through which are completely different settings, at one point you could be fighting through a swamp, the next running for your life through a city centre or the next blasting your way through office floors to reach the chopper!

@Jeff:

> Epic graphics.  Im srs.

Thank you, much appreciated.

@Socuine:

> Small but funny graphics. Nice man xD.

Haha thanks.

@MrMiguu:

> Your game has inspired me.

Wow thank you very much, great to hear from such a good developer.

@Rainbow:

> Nice of him to give you his e-mail address. ;]
>
> I like the look of this game. Try and get a release out as soon as you've got the game in a playable state. Much easier to keep something updated when you've got an active community.

Yeah it's a temporary accout he's pretty new to game making :)

Yeah I will do, it would be nice to have a fanbase behind us. Thank you, a fellow Englishman I see?

@ceriux:

> sounds like left for dead.

Because Left 4 Dead invented zombies and Halo invented space marines.

@Fuu:

> Duuude, I just realized. If you make this game, there can't be any damn guns in it. >;(

Edit spells to require an equipped weapon type, make ranged combat skill based.

I like the tiles OP but the map sucks. Why would there be a several-story tower with no pavement or road to it? Given the theme of the time period looks modern, you can't just throw down buildings like it's some fantasy RPG village. Perhaps a different sized tree, maybe a tall/large tree that is 1x2 tiles in size or something? Using trees as a fringe layer really helps to add depth to a map, but your graphic style won't allow for usage of this depth technique unfortunately.

@Anna:

> I like the tiles OP but the map sucks. Why would there be a several-story tower with no pavement or road to it? Given the theme of the time period looks modern, you can't just throw down buildings like it's some fantasy RPG village. Perhaps a different sized tree, maybe a tall/large tree that is 1x2 tiles in size or something? Using trees as a fringe layer really helps to add depth to a map, but your graphic style won't allow for usage of this depth technique unfortunately.

As for the actual map itself. Ignore it completely, there is no way a building like that would be in a swamp the map was purely a mock up to show off some tiles. We have plans to increase depth despite the graphics don't worry. We will make the maps look full but not overdone with detail. Thanks for the reply :)

@ceriux:

> sounds like left for dead.

I agree the storyline is slightly like that but almost every zombie movie or game is based on the goal of escape and the obvious logical means of escape are a boat, a chopper, plane some means of transportation but yes the swamp theme and everything is slightly inspired by left for dead.

@Fuu:

> Duuude, I just realized. If you make this game, there can't be any damn guns in it. >;(

As Anna pointed out can easily be implemented :)