Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just a Tree.

Toranos

Just wanted some C&C on these trees i've done for Ambershire.

![](http://www.ambershire.net/user/toranos/preview/TreePreview.png)

>! ![](http://www.ambershire.net/user/toranos/preview/maps/map-preview1.jpg)

Uhm. Took me about 30 minutes, Never really done trees before, but first time for everything.. ;D (Yeah I did the 'Old Trees" but they shouldn't be considered trees).

I really like it,

here is my two cents though:
The wooden part at the bottom, looks too 'perfect'. Maybe make the whole tree look sorta wonky or something.

Try to make 3-4 other tree types because 4 of the exact same tree on one map is just crazy :)

Other than that, love it, especially how it changes colour.

A quick 'tiled' preview map done in EO.
![](http://www.ambershire.net/user/toranos/preview/TreeLivePreview.png)

And thanks Captain, all noted. Will be doing different trees, just wanted this pretty much for tiling like this.

I love the simple style on the grass and path, even without detail you managed to make it look awesome, guess it's those small details every once in a while. :P
And those trees are nice, but they seem puffy to me, not like it's leaves or branches, but I like it, makes it a bit different from other trees.

Tree itself looks pretty nice…with the current tileset not so much, only because that tree has insane dark shading and detail compared to the otherwise scarecely detailed and shaded other tiles. I'd lighten the very very darker shade on the trees, so that it may flow better together?

But the tree itself looks very nice, in my opinion, though it does seem very stylized and not so much realistictree like, as someone has mentioned before me. :3

@NnsNightshade:

> Tree itself looks pretty nice…with the current tileset not so much, only because that tree has insane dark shading and detail compared to the otherwise scarecely detailed and shaded other tiles. I'd lighten the very very darker shade on the trees, so that it may flow better together?
>
> But the tree itself looks very nice, in my opinion, though it does seem very stylized and not so much realistictree like, as someone has mentioned before me. :3

I think it goes well with the environment, especially with the soft sand and soft grass. If everything looks the same, it would be bland. So some variation would be nice. :3

An overall thanks all for the great feedback ;D

@Lukin:

> I love the simple style on the grass and path, even without detail you managed to make it look awesome, guess it's those small details every once in a while. :P
> And those trees are nice, but they seem puffy to me, not like it's leaves or branches, but I like it, makes it a bit different from other trees.

Yeah, as seen by the spritesheet, I'm going for 'puffy' and over-exaggerated, and that cartoon look. I also do agree about the small details, a small insert of them to stop any bland layout, and it's 'awesome' heh.

@Lavos:

> The tree is really neat. Really looks good with that map and sprites too.

Well thanks!

@Socuine:

> Just epic, really darn epic. As expected from you Toranos. :]

*Humbled*

@Grizzy:

> Really like this tree. Two thumbs up (:

Thank you, I really like it too :P

@NnsNightshade:

> Tree itself looks pretty nice…with the current tileset not so much, only because that tree has insane dark shading and detail compared to the otherwise scarecely detailed and shaded other tiles. I'd lighten the very very darker shade on the trees, so that it may flow better together?
>
> But the tree itself looks very nice, in my opinion, though it does seem very stylized and not so much realistictree like, as someone has mentioned before me. :3

I will try that out for sure, but the reason I have things 'insanely' shaded, such as the house and these trees, and probably more things, is to create the sort of 'contrast'. It is an attempt to balance the look, if you see the old trees map, the trees made the map sting your eyes with brightness, but these trees kill the over-brightness a lot. I will give your suggestion a shot though, and post the results. But thanks.

@Socuine:

> I think it goes well with the environment, especially with the soft sand and soft grass. If everything looks the same, it would be bland. So some variation would be nice. :3

My thoughts exactly.

@Kris:

> Looks good! I like the darker look, the old trees were way to bright.

_Wayy_ too bright. xD Thanks Kris.

• 1 month later...