Find results in...

[EO] Alatar's Quest System v1.2

Alatar

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alatar:

> Edit the "client\data files\graphics\gui\main\main.jpg" and add the proper graphic.

I think I am misunderstanding. I have the "proper graphic" As in the ones you provided. However, that button is always missing until I hover over it, and then the graphic will stay.

Is this intended? If so, where can I start looking on how to change it. Been looking with not much luck. Everything I look at says it is visable.

You have to edit that file, the main.jpg and add the button into it. Take a look on how the other buttons works and you will find out that only when a button is hover the proper graphics are displayed. Until then it's not shown at all. That's why the buttons are added to the main.jpg

@aqleus:

> Update your whole system from v1.1 to v1.2 ?

Hmmm, I'm going to be honest with you. I don't have the motivation to make another tutorial like that :P
The source is there, you are free to search for the changes made and apply on your own system.
I wont add new content so this is probably the final version (of content, not bugfixing).

@cudauhoan:

> help?  :sad:

check you are putting that hole code in Draw**Npc**Name, because _Call DrawText(TexthDC, TextX, TextY, Name, color)_ is in Draw**Player**Name too

(Maybe you forgot to put ModQuest in your client, idk…just giving some ideas)
maybe that should fix it

@cudauhoan:

> New error, **Method or data member not found** :sad:
> **.lblEventChat** is highlighted in
> ```
>         If Tick > EventChatTimer Then
>             If frmMain.lblEventChat.Visible = False Then
> ```

This is for EO not EO ES. (Eclipse 2.0 not event system) Some things will have to be edited if it is needed to be edited for it to work.

@cudauhoan:

> help?  :sad:

add
```
dim npcnum as long
```at the top of the sub or below
```
dim i as long
```and it will work.

a little help here plz! i'm adding the quest system in EO ES, but when i open the quest editor, the server crash (rte 9) and when i press debug this line is highlighted:

nLength = (UBound(nByte) - LBound(nByte)) + 1

that is in clsBuffer

any ideas how to fix it?

my problem w this system when using eo es is i dont see it at all i dont know how to open it anyway T_T but i also dont how to use eo stuff in eo es -.- im kind of an noob when it comes to making stuff work but what do i need to do/type to use this in eo es?

Okay. So I Added all the code to this tutorial, fixed all the errors then compiled a client.
Heres the problem- When logging in to the game on the compiled client, it terminates the program.
When I run it in debug mode in vb6 its works perfectly fine.

Anyone know what might be going wrong?