Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Alatar's Quest System v1.2

Alatar

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this code it adds a ! and ? over the quest giver.
```
    'Alatar v1.2
    Dim i As Long

For i = 1 To MAX_QUESTS
        'check if the npc is the next task to any quest: [?] symbol

If Player(MyIndex).PlayerQuest(i).Status = QUEST_STARTED Then
            If Quest(i).Task(Player(MyIndex).PlayerQuest(i).ActualTask).NPC = npcNum Then
                Name = "[?]"
                TextX = ConvertMapX(MapNpc(Index).x * PIC_X) + MapNpc(Index).XOffset + (PIC_X \ 2) - getWidth(TexthDC, (Trim$(Name)))
                If NPC(npcNum).Sprite < 1 Or NPC(npcNum).Sprite > NumCharacters Then
                    TextY = ConvertMapY(MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y) + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - 16
                Else
                    TextY = ConvertMapY(MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y) + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(NPC(npcNum).Sprite).lHeight / 4)
                End If
                Call DrawText(TexthDC, TextX, TextY, Name, QBColor(Yellow))
                Exit For
            End If
        End If

'check if the npc is the starter to any quest: [!] symbol

'can accept the quest as a new one?
        If Player(MyIndex).PlayerQuest(i).Status = QUEST_NOT_STARTED Or Player(MyIndex).PlayerQuest(i).Status = QUEST_COMPLETED_BUT Then
            'the npc gives this quest?
            If NPC(npcNum).QuestNum = i Then
                Name = "[!]"
                TextX = ConvertMapX(MapNpc(Index).x * PIC_X) + MapNpc(Index).XOffset + (PIC_X \ 2) - getWidth(TexthDC, (Trim$(Name)))
                If NPC(npcNum).Sprite < 1 Or NPC(npcNum).Sprite > NumCharacters Then
                    TextY = ConvertMapY(MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y) + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - 16
                Else
                    TextY = ConvertMapY(MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y) + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(NPC(npcNum).Sprite).lHeight / 4)
                End If
                Call DrawText(TexthDC, TextX, TextY, Name, QBColor(Yellow))
                Exit For
            End If
        End If
    Next
    '/Alatar v1.2
```How do i make the ! and the ? a image

@Domino_:

> when I simple press "delete" without open quest window it cancels quest…

@Justn:

> It does it for me for me too. Can't we just add check in HandleKeyPresses that if the questlog visible is false just to exit? I had already removed it from source to prevent people for canceling quest by mistake or at all…

Is anyone have fix to this bug? Cause players can removed  their quests and also restarted non-repetitive quests :s

Thanks for answers! :)

@pooperscoop1:

> yeah im using vb6\. How do you compile?

@Erwin:

> File -> Make Eclipse Origins.exe

But to clarify: open the project in Visual Basic 6\. Then, look at the top left-corner of the window. There should be a menu bar that says "File". Click it. Then click "Make Eclipse Origins.exe" or "Make server.exe" (depending on if you're using the server or client).

If you don't see it, press the following buttons.

* Alt + F | Opens the File menu.
* k | Does "Make .exe".
* Tab | Selects the "OK" button.
* Space | Presses OK.

Excuse me but…how do tasks work?
Alright, so I have a quest where you have to get berries, then talk to a missus.

I have berry collection as task one, and talk to the missy as task two. When I get all the things for task one, does it automatically go to task two? Because I have all 20 berries I need for task one, but it won't move on to task two. I can't finish the quest. :(

@Peter112:

> Where do I have to set the MAX_BYTE to MAX_INTEGER or something to the exp/item reward be more than 255?

In VB6, open frmEditor_Quest and click at scrlExp, then go to the 'Max' option in Properties Window and change it to 36000 or something else you want.

> Excuse me but…how do tasks work?
> Alright, so I have a quest where you have to get berries, then talk to a missus.
>
> I have berry collection as task one, and talk to the missy as task two. When I get all the things for task one, does it automatically go to task two? Because I have all 20 berries I need for task one, but it won't move on to task two. I can't finish the quest. :(

It must be something u did then… Are u sure u have atleast a 1 in all the npc attributes and stuff? And did you use version 1.0 before? Cause if u didn't I think u have to delete ur npcs first... Don't quote me on that but that's in quotes....

@aqleus:

> Ambigouous name detected : Quest
>
> in HandleSaveQuest
>
> ' Update the Quest
>     QuestSize = LenB(**Quest**(n))
>
> how i can fix?

Did you read the guide completely? (I edited some of the irrelevant parts out.)

@Alatar:

> **Way 2**
> Install the system on your own EO manually, following the steps below and **remember** to [download the extra files](http://www.mediafire.com/?g1gn1bosic8aan1) and add them to your project:
>
> **Server Side**
>
> **Add the modSvQuest to your project.**
>
> **Client Side**
> **Add the modQuests to your project.
> Add the frmEditor_Quest to your project.
> Replace your frmEditor_NPC and frmMain with the ones that I provide you.**

So make sure you [download the extra files](http://www.mediafire.com/?g1gn1bosic8aan1) and also add the appropriate files to the project.

@Soul:

> Did you read the guide completely? (I edited some of the irrelevant parts out.)
>
> So make sure you [download the extra files](http://www.mediafire.com/?g1gn1bosic8aan1) and also add the appropriate files to the project.

yes, I did it all but the same problem again