Find results in...

[EO] Alatar's Quest System v1.2

Alatar

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jorgeconquer:

> why when i integrate this quest system with eclipse 3.0 an error apear saying "unrecoverable DX8" ???? how can i fix it?

Eclipse Origins 3.0 uses DirectX8, but 2.0 only uses DX7\. They are not compatible. I think I heard of someone who converted the system to DX8, though.

hey i  did everything you say on server side and when im pressing make Server.exe one error pop-up and say to me:Compile Error :Variable not found and it is going me to the that says:

' Position
    Map As Long
    x As Byte
    y As Byte
    PlayerQuest(1 To MAX_QUESTS) As PlayerQuestRec

Please help me :(

[EO] Alatar's Quest System v1.2

why at the time of complete installation instructions Server side and client side and after that I was compiling or 'make project' client change icon and can not enter

this a image

![](http://i46.tinypic.com/2w7g4zd.jpg)

DepTa, you need to add the two images to the gui.
images Questlog and questdialog.

Edit–---

Problem in quest system -> General -> Give item on Start

when you click accept quest and she accepted and the following message appears.
Message -> You have no inventory space. Please delete something to take the quest.

not giving you the quest.

Screen:
![](http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8276/53477688.jpg)

how to Fix this?

i use Dragon Eclipse

Error Desc
–----------
Variabe not Defined.

Code = 'check if the npc is the next task to any quest: [?] symbol
        If Quest(i).Name <> "" Then
            If Player(MyIndex).PlayerQuest(i).Status = QUEST_STARTED Then
                If Quest(i).Task(Player(MyIndex).PlayerQuest(i).ActualTask).NPC = NPCNum Then

Help Please

@onzinho:

> Screen:
> ![](http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8276/53477688.jpg)

I'm having this issue as well. Also, the quest is set so it's suppose to give you money when you accept the quest, but (I'm assuming because it says I don't have inventory room) for some reason it's taking AWAY money. :confused:

Anyone got any idea on this?

@Gleech:

> I'm having this issue as well. Also, the quest is set so it's suppose to give you money when you accept the quest, but (I'm assuming because it says I don't have inventory room) for some reason it's taking AWAY money. :confused:
>
> Anyone got any idea on this?

I'm still with this problem, it very difficult to find what is wrong with the code for this to happen.
:(

@onzinho:

> I'm still with this problem, it very difficult to find what is wrong with the code for this to happen.
> :(

Ah, well if you find anything let me know! :) I'd search for a solution, but sadly I'm not too familiar with VB6 (Besides following a tutorial). Hopefully someday :X

@onzinho:

> Problem in quest system -> General -> Give item on Start
>
> when you click accept quest and she accepted and the following message appears.
> Message -> You have no inventory space. Please delete something to take the quest.
>
> not giving you the quest.
>
> Screen:
> ![](http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8276/53477688.jpg)

I have same problem

I get an error on client:

"method or data member not found"

at "picQuestLog" of this code:

frmMain.picQuestLog.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\gui\main\questlog.jpg")

please help me fix it, why is it picQuestLog? In the tutorial and sample file it is "lstQuestLog"

@Dawntide:

> I get an error on client:
>
> "method or data member not found"
>
> at "picQuestLog" of this code:
>
> frmMain.picQuestLog.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\gui\main\questlog.jpg")
>
> please help me fix it, why is it picQuestLog? In the tutorial and sample file it is "lstQuestLog"

I think its that yo udont have any object named picQuestLog. It is trying to load file questlog.jpg to something that does not exist. If I remember correctly, picQuestLog should be like background and lstQuestlog is that part of it, where you see your quests listed.