Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Lightning's Boss Battle Framework

Yxxe

Thanks  lightning. This is really nice. I'll have to add it to [The World] and have some nice boss battles. It will take a while for me to actually get the entire system up and running. Although this base system you have posted is really nice. Can't wait till I play around with it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rose:

> You forgot to add this:
>
> ```
> .txtBossNum.text = Npc(EditorIndex).BossNum
>
> ```
> In the NpcEditorInit of modGameEditors. :P

Thanks for the spot, Rose. ;]

@crzyone9584:

> Thanks  lightning. This is really nice. I'll have to add it to [The World] and have some nice boss battles. It will take a while for me to actually get the entire system up and running. Although this base system you have posted is really nice. Can't wait till I play around with it.

No problem and thanks for the comment. Best of luck with "[The World]". I've just seen there's a Beta coming along this weekend, so I'll see if I can play a little, as long as there's a boss or two in there. :]

Seem you forgot a little more.

When the behavior is set to Boss you dont have it showing the frame (unless you dont have it hidden to begin with)

```
'Boss System
    If (cmbBehavior.ListIndex = NPC_BEHAVIOUR_BOSS) Then
        fraBoss.Visible = True
    Else
        fraBoss.Visible = False
    End If
```
also the setting of it being visible by default or not. Just something pointed out.

So far, with my own framework quite similar to this one, it's been possible to make a boss that can stun you, push you back spaces away from it, and warp behind you, all in a sophisticated manner.

It really does open up possibilities for epic boss battles. You just have to be creative.

yea i actually may not get to it. Seems that my text wrapping is not working… hopefully i can get that done tonight. but back on topic 600 lines for only two special attacks... Gah I'm so not going to like this. Along with not going to like creating map instances lol

Map instances are easy peasy. And it's only 600 lines because theres a version of the attack to affect all party members in the npc's range and one to affect the single target if they're in range.

One of my special attacks is a push attack that calculates the distance between the npc and it's target(s) and loops through each target to see if they're within the npcs range or not. If they are, the npc launches it's attack that pushes the players a few tiles away, and shows a little animation on the npc, if they're not in range, the animation still shows but nothing happens to the players.

It's just checking and handling the position each target could be in. xD You'll develop your own systems the more you play with it.

• 3 weeks later...
At the risk of looking stupid, I must ask, why do I get a compile error on the line```
Call SendAnimation(#mapnum#, #animation#, GetPlayerX(i), GetPlayerY(i))
```, directly after 'Show animation, in the setup for the stunning special attack?  vb6 says it expects an expression and highlights the very first pound symbol/number sign.  I'd say I had written it down wrong, but i copy/pasted so it couldn't be, could it?(thats an actual question, btw)  Anyone know the answer to my problem?  Am I supposed to fill a number in there?

@Darth:

> At the risk of looking stupid, I must ask, why do I get a compile error on the line```
> Call SendAnimation(#mapnum#, #animation#, GetPlayerX(i), GetPlayerY(i))
> ```, directly after 'Show animation, in the setup for the stunning special attack?  vb6 says it expects an expression and highlights the very first pound symbol/number sign.  I'd say I had written it down wrong, but i copy/pasted so it couldn't be, could it?(thats an actual question, btw)  Anyone know the answer to my problem?  Am I supposed to fill a number in there?

You must change #mapnum# to the map you want the animation on, if you want it on thesame map as the player is use this : GetPlayerMap(i)
And #animation# must be changed to the animation you want to use,  when opening the Animation Editor you see the numbers on the left (before the names), you need to add that number in the call thing.

Example :
```
Call SendAnimation(GetPlayerMap(i), 1, GetPlayerX(i), GetPlayerY(i))
```
PS : I don't know or this works, because I don't have EO on my mobile :P

@Darth:

> Ah, thank you, I shall try it now.
>
> It worked :D  I've gotten farther down the code, and now I've hit a bit of a speedbump.  How do I add "Boss" to cmbBehaviour?(Sorry I have a lot of questions, I'm still trying to learn vb6)

1\. Click on cmbBehaviour on frmNpcEditor
2\. Scroll down the properties window untill you see 'List'
3\. Click on the arrow next to '(List)' and add 'Boss' under 'Guard'

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...