Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Memory Leak-free Text Rendering

Yxxe

@Soul:

> Robin removed the code that changes the font. All you're ducking doing is readding that code. Robin cannot completely remove the feature because it is coded into GDI.
>
> Readding the exact code does nothing to solve the memory leak. Although, the code in this topic is not the same code.

Ah, OK…wait, so if it was removed, then how was it "re-added" if all I did was change an already existing thing...I'm slightly confused now.

Anyway, seeing as I now understand more about the text rendering issue, I'll edit my post above.

@QWERTYUIoP:

> Ah, OK…wait, so if it was removed, then how was it "re-added" if all I did was change an already existing thing...I'm slightly confused now.
>
> Anyway, seeing as I now understand more about the text rendering issue, I'll edit my post above.

Because that "existing thing" was probably already commented out or not even referenced. Point is, changing fonts were removed in EO 2.0.0.

@QWERTYUIoP:

> Ah, OK…wait, so if it was removed, then how was it "re-added" if all I did was change an already existing thing...I'm slightly confused now.
>
> Anyway, seeing as I now understand more about the text rendering issue, I'll edit my post above.

I commented out the call to the procedure which caused the memory leak. Your 'fix' simply uncommented that line. -_-

All you did was remove the thing I put in place to stop the memory leak. Please, please stop posting about programming and the engine. You've now proven that you know fuck all about the engine several times now. You're doing more harm than you are good. I suggest you stop doing it before you turn in to the next TDog.

• 3 weeks later...
@Helladen:

> Someone tested if a memory leak does exist and he ran the client for over 10 hours and it did not run out of memory. But the leak could of been very small. But thanks for the fix Lightning.

No problem, glad someone could test it out. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Wow this is really cool XD
When I try to compile it, it says "Compilation Error" "Undefinied Value"
And it select this text: (bold and underlined)

> Public Sub AddText(ByVal Msg As String, ByVal Color As Integer)
> Dim S As String
>
>     ' If debug mode, handle error then exit out
>     If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler
>    
>     S = vbNewLine & Msg
>     frmMain.txtChat.SelStart = Len(frmMain.txtChat.text)
>     frmMain.txtChat.SelColor = QBColor(Color)
>     frmMain.txtChat.SelText = S
>     frmMain.txtChat.SelStart = Len(frmMain.txtChat.text) - 1
>     ReOrderChat **Header** & Name & ": " & message, colour
>    
>     'Evilbunnie's DrawnChat System
>     ReOrderChat Msg, QBColor(Color)
>    
>     ' Error handler
>     Exit Sub
> errorhandler:
>     HandleError "AddText", "modText", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext
>     Err.Clear
>     Exit Sub
> End Sub

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
When you declare FONT_SIZE as 15 or any higher, the font seems to be no longer centered above the sprite.. Anyone know anything about this or how to fix it?.. Thanks

Nevermind.. I used a SIMPLE font, size set to 15.. Looks centered still and looks surprisingly nice. thanks for the tute :]