Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Points Bulletin

Robin

![](http://i.imgur.com/eGb4p.png)

```

```

**About**
Fun little MMO. It's a different take on the 'Cops and Robbers' kind of genre, but the setting is actually very interesting. Probably most similar to the GTA series… obviously.

The level of customisation is insane. It has inbuilt programs similar to Photoshop and Cubase which let you create your own decals, music, tattoos, clothing, vehicles etc. etc.

Probably the best part of it is that the game does actually require skill. A level 1 player fresh out of the tutorial can take on higher level players if they're skilled enough. It's also insanely fun to get 2 or 3 friends together in a car and go around doing missions with co-ordinated tactics.

Two friends and I came fresh out of the tutorial on the European server and got a 10-mission winning streak and all of us ended up with bounties on our heads. Even at the higher level we're at now people are still using the starter weapons. VoIP is highly recommended.

**Cost/Servers**
Game is Free2Play. You can make your account premium for $10\. This removes various customisation limits and gives you a 30% boost to standing and cash rewards. It's well worth it in my opinion. I've see useless hats on TF2 sell for more than that. There's also a cash shop but due to the fact that you need a high level to equip the modifications it really doesn't give a huge bonus. Besides, when you get to the point where you unlock the weapons you can just renew them whenever.

_European Server:_ EU1
_American Server:_ Joker
_Faction:_ Enforcer

I suppose the main server at the moment is EU. I play on that with a load of real life friends so it's generally the most active. We also get a lot of Americans on it as well.

You're free to be a criminal but keep in mind it's full of 13 year old wanna-be gangster black kids from America and London who don't know how to play video games. It's like the Alliance on WoW - Only kids roll as one.

**Installation**
_Website link:_ [This is a link.](http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/)
_Download link:_ [This is a link.](http://setup.gamersfirst.com/live/current/GamersFirst_LIVE!_Setup_EN.exe)
Installation and registration is a bit convoluted.

You'll download a downloader. Ignore all the other games and just set APB going. When it's downloaded set it installing. When making a new account it'll force you to 'like' them on facebook. Do so. Once you're done registering you can manually unlike them through facebook with your trollface on.

When it's actually installed they'll have a general background program which you don't need called G1Live or some shit. Simply change the start-menu APB shortcut to load APB.exe in /binaries/ instead of the patcher. Type 'msconfig' in RUN and remove it from your computer's startup.

Done and done.

**Ingame Names**

These are the player names on EU1\. Press 'U' to bring up the social menu. You can then add people as friends. You can type '/w [namhere]' to whisper someone or '/r' to reply.

**Robin -** Glass
**Anna -** Marona
**Yami -** Otanashi
_Zonova -_ Zonova
_Mr. Sean -_ MrSean
_Pyrex -_ Yexi
_BloodMorph -_ BloodMorphed

**Tips**
_ALWAYS_ stay pledged to a green guy. This is how you 'level up'. You pledge to a green guy and when you complete missions you gain EXP (standing) with them. The more you level them up the more items and shit you can buy. You can see what you'll unlock by levelling them in the menu.

You can double-click a green guy on your map to open the pledge menu. You do not have to walk to them and talk manually every time.

Follow the tutorial. I didn't myself. Ended up having to do it all again. I know you want to get out and kill some black people but you do need to know this shit.

_NEVER DELETE E-MAILS INGAME._ I did that on my first character and got perm. gimped because you get a lot of useful items in e-mail attachments.

Assault Rifles or SMGs are fantastic choices. Assault Rifles for soloing, SMGs if you're with some friends. Flanking the enemy with an SMG will destroy them.

Choose a secondary weapon to compliment your primary. If you've got an assault rifle then go unlock the secondary SMG. It's a beast of a pistol. If you've got an SMG then unlock a long-range pistol

**Contact Progression**
These are the guys you need to max out your standing with before you can unlock the next guy. You can find out which level of standing you need with what person to unlock an item by hovering over the red lock in the list.

![](http://i.imgur.com/Rgc8X.png)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty funny one time I was driving in a mission and someone in the street right in front of me got a bounty and I ran him over and got the cash. Later that night I got a bounty when I was fighting in the middle of a street and an enemy ran me over right after. xD

The game really needs more open-world interaction like that, though. Being confined to missions to do combat gets tiresome (especially when the missions are unbalanced).

@Akatsuki_1:

> Amazing, looks great. I'll give it a shot and maybe even attempt the bounty on your heads ;)

Doesn't work like that. If you get enough prestige (completing missions, good kill/death ratio) then you're maxed out and you can then attack anyone from the opposite faction and they can attack you.

Once you die  the bounty is taken and your prestige falls down a level. It's fairly common. Think of it as like the wanted level on GTA.

I highly suggest joining the same faction as us unless you've got some friends who want to be criminals. The game is pretty boring by yourself.

Criminals are like the Alliance on WoW. Only kids join it. All the good players are enforcers. Real criminals work from inside the law. ;]

@Princess:

> laughs at the break dancing guys!
>
> why did you guys choose the good guys?
>
> *nevermind i just read your post robin

They're not good guys. They're not police, they're licensed vigilantes. Most corrupt bunch of bastards I've ever come across. You're legally allowed to shoot people, commandeer any vehicles from civilians and various other crimes. Who would want to break the law when you can do it all legally? xD

@Robin:

> Doesn't work like that. If you get enough prestige (completing missions, good kill/death ratio) then you're maxed out and you can then attack anyone from the opposite faction and they can attack you.
>
> Once you die  the bounty is taken and your prestige falls down a level. It's fairly common. Think of it as like the wanted level on GTA.
>
> I highly suggest joining the same faction as us unless you've got some friends who want to be criminals. The game is pretty boring by yourself.
>
> Criminals are like the Alliance on WoW. Only kids join it. All the good players are enforcers. Real criminals work from inside the law. ;]

I'll definitely be playing, finally something that can keep me entertained when I run out of things to do. Thanks for posting this.

@Anna:

> Just watched the video, I love the 3 enforcers at the beginning with the shades and cop 'staches. Reminded me of Anthony. xD

lol i thought of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Unless you've shelled out stupid amounts of money for one of these shitty 'gaming' laptops then you'll have problems. It's _very_ resource intensive. I think it even has problems running on 32bit operating systems on the bigger maps due to memory limits.

@Robin:

> ![](http://i.imgur.com/eGb4p.png)
>
>
>
> **About**
> Fun little MMO. It's a different take on the 'Cops and Robbers' kind of genre, but the setting is actually very interesting. Probably most similar to the GTA series… obviously.
>
> The level of customisation is insane. It has inbuilt programs similar to Photoshop and Cubase which let you create your own decals, music, tattoos, clothing, vehicles etc. etc.
>
> Probably the best part of it is that the game does actually require skill. A level 1 player fresh out of the tutorial can take on higher level players if they're skilled enough. It's also insanely fun to get 2 or 3 friends together in a car and go around doing missions with co-ordinated tactics.
>
> Two friends and I came fresh out of the tutorial on the European server and got a 10-mission winning streak and all of us ended up with bounties on our heads. Even at the higher level we're at now people are still using the starter weapons. VoIP is highly recommended.
>
> **Cost/Servers**
> Anyway, if you want to come play then it's now free-to-play with premium accounts available which unlocks more slots for tattoos, characters etc. You also level up faster I believe.
>
> Anna and I play on US server 'Joker' whilst us Brits play on 'EU1'. We play 'Enforcer' on both servers.
>
> **Installation**
> Installation and registration is a bit convoluted.
>
> You'll download a downloader. Ignore all the other games and just set APB going. When it's downloaded set it installing. When making a new account it'll force you to 'like' them on facebook. Do so. Once you're done registering you can manually unlike them through facebook with your trollface on.
>
> When it's actually installed they'll have a general background program which you don't need called G1Live or some shit. Simply change the start-menu APB shortcut to load APB.exe in /binaries/ instead of the patcher. Type 'msconfig' in RUN and remove it from your computer's startup.
>
> Done and done.
>
> **Tips**
> _ALWAYS_ stay pledged to a green guy. This is how you 'level up'. You pledge to a green guy and when you complete missions you gain EXP (standing) with them. The more you level them up the more items and shit you can buy. You can see what you'll unlock by levelling them in the menu.
>
> Follow the tutorial. I didn't myself. Ended up having to do it all again. I know you want to get out and kill some black people but you do need to know this shit.
>
> _NEVER DELETE E-MAILS INGAME._ I did that on my first character and got perm. gimped because you get a lot of useful items in e-mail attachments.
>
> Assault Rifles or SMGs are fantastic choices. Assault Rifles for soloing, SMGs if you're with some friends. Flanking the enemy with an SMG will destroy them.
>
> Choose a secondary weapon to compliment your primary. If you've got an assault rifle then go unlock the secondary SMG. It's a beast of a pistol. If you've got an SMG then unlock a long-range pistol

I would like permission to copy and paste your tips you have on our game review website called [tacticzone.net](http://tacticzone.net) All credits will be given to you.

@Robin:

> Unless you've shelled out stupid amounts of money for one of these shitty 'gaming' laptops then you'll have problems. It's _very_ resource intensive. I think it even has problems running on 32bit operating systems on the bigger maps due to memory limits.

Well, it has a 5650 graphics card, so we'll have to see. Never had problems with games before though ^^. If not then… you had better be making game play videos :D