Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scumbag NHS

Robin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about anyone else here, but I quite enjoy my healthcare.  For regular visits I call ahead to confirm they accept medicaid (which pretty much all of them do) then I show up 10 minutes early, fill out three forms, give them my card, and I'm usually done 15, 20 minutes after the appointment starts. In fact the only time I've ever had to wait is when I had to go to the ER with a fairly minor injury. I'm not required to pay for anything either. Lucky me…

@Azure:

> Don't know about anyone else here, but I quite enjoy my healthcare.  For regular visits I call ahead to confirm they accept medicaid (which pretty much all of them do) then I show up 10 minutes early, fill out three forms, give them my card, and I'm usually done 15, 20 minutes after the appointment starts. In fact the only time I've ever had to wait is when I had to go to the ER with a fairly minor injury. I'm not required to pay for anything either. Lucky me…

Exactly my thoughts.

@Anna:

> Read that post… yeah, no you don't.

This is just the administration screwing up. If they'd simply e-mailed me the appointment it'd all have been avoided. All that shit happened because they just didn't give me the right information at the right time. It was just one of those days where one thing goes wrong and then everything spirals out of control.

Regardless, a country which will treat anyone whether they can afford it or not is always going to be better than that system you have over there.

@Robin:

> I really wish British public transport sorted its act out. The delays are outrageous and the entire country shuts down as soon as we get a bit of snow.

![](http://www.stadobaranow.pl/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/img_5789.jpg)
![](http://www.przegubowiec.com/images/stories/artykuly/389313.jpg)

Nothing can stop public transport here…

![](http://daro727.wrzuta.pl/sr/f/ayKCIhXjy6d)

other vehicles included.

Wait, let me make him clear why you can't put trains underground, even though some people still think they can. You know the Netherlands right? It's that country you can't seem to locate, since you think there is nothing in between France, Germany and the U.K, but that's OK. What city you do know is probably Amsterdam, which we just call A'dam. Well, this city is built on top of a swamp using deep foundation (e.g. drilled piles). Is it clear yet why it is difficult and impractical?

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

@S.J.R.:

> Wait, let me make him clear why you can't put trains underground, even though some people still think they can. You know the Netherlands right? It's that country you can't seem to locate, since you think there is nothing in between France, Germany and the U.K, but that's OK. What city you do know is probably Amsterdam, which we just call A'dam. Well, this city is built on top of a swamp using deep foundation (e.g. drilled piles). Is it clear yet why it is difficult and impractical?
>
> Yours faithfully
>   Stephan.

He lives in the DC area… he only knows how to sell coke.