The gay way

Medleyy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kaepora:

> Most marriages Fail, and does nothing but cause people issues and money.  Very Very Few last more then 10 years. There should be a thing required to be together for more then 10 years before you can even get married.
>
> People now days date for less then a year and get married… and they say "OMG I Found the Person Im Going To spend the rest of my life with"
>
> Which the truth is most likely its going to end in divorce. People jump to marriage to quickly Or People Change after years, grow apart, ect...

lolwhat? I think you've got it backwards, most marriages succeed. But that's not what this topic is about, so i'll stop there. I've got a shit ton to say about it though, so if you want to PM me, feel free.

Now… about gays.... ehh, well the only reason people are against them is because of religious prejudice. I think Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are against it, not sure about any other religions. I'm a muslim, though i like to keep my standings on gay marriage to myself :3\. I'm not really gay... well, technically i'm nothing since i haven't had sex yet :P Might be bi though o.o'
Nya, this stuff is confusing~

I think people have such a big problem with gay marriage is due to the church handling the ceremony and that it is different. But honestly, if gay marriage was official in the United States I wouldn't care. I don't believe it is right and you can't really share the same bond as a man and woman. Because making something together such as child is more powerful than your relationship and adopted child combined in my honest opinion. Being gay is wrong but people can't really help it, so I understand why people do it and I would say yes to it if a bill was ever to be voted on. But that's just my outlook on it.

I believe your wrong Robin, regular people can take pills or know the days when they will have a child. If it happens so what, it doesn't make them less fit of a parent. The only difference is if two men are working they will make a little more usually, and if two woman work they will be making less due to some businesses being discriminate to gender.

Also, what really irritates me is why some gays end up having relationships with the same sex - but they act as if they were the opposite sex. One girl I worked with told me that it just happens, somewhat just an attraction to the same sex's body rather than the opposite sex. Suppose best way to describe it is your brain wasn't wired correctly.

@Helladen:

> I think people have such a big problem with gay marriage is due to the church handling the ceremony and that it is different.

You've never been to a wedding not handled in a church?

@Helladen:

> I don't believe it is right and you can't really share the same bond as a man and woman. Because making something together such as child is more powerful than your relationship and adopted child combined in my honest opinion.

In your honest opinion as an American Christian teenager who's never been married, had a child or adopted before. ;]

@Helladen:

> Being gay is wrong but people can't really help it, so I understand why people do it and I would say yes to it if a bill was ever to be voted on. But that's just my outlook on it.

Why is it wrong? Because it's different from how you think it should be? The world doesn't revolve around you, kid.

@Helladen:

> I believe your wrong Robin, regular people can take pills or know the days when they will have a child. If it happens so what, it doesn't make them less fit of a parent. The only difference is if two men are working they will make a little more usually, and if two woman work they will be making less due to some businesses being discriminate to gender.

It must be fantastic to live in a suburbia utopia where you can safely ignore the rest of the world. Unplanned pregnancy is rife.

@Helladen:

> Also, what really irritates me is why some gays end up having relationships with the same sex - but they act as if they were the opposite sex. One girl I worked with told me that it just happens, somewhat just an attraction to the same sex's body rather than the opposite sex. Suppose best way to describe it is your brain wasn't wired correctly.

I'd say your brain isn't wired correctly. Everything you said in that post comes down to teachings by your ignorant community and religion. You claim that being gay is 'wrong', you claim that it's not the 'same' and you claim you don't like it.

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the perfect example of prejudice formed from fear and ignorance. I rest my case.

It's wrong but I'm not going to think any less of someone who is gay. I don't believe in it but am not against it.

Just because I say church doesn't mean it is always in a church, I meant the person who marries you is most of the time a priest. At least in our culture, at least what I have been told. May be wrong though, but your going by British culture.

Gay is wrong simply because it is not what we were made for. If everyone is gay we will go extinct, not that everyone is going to be gay. Just a prime example, if you couldn't adopt you would never have a child of your own. The child isn't your blood, how can you love something that isn't truly yours? How can you love something without seeing it how come for the first time? How can the mother figure love it as much without experiencing it growing within their body and enduring the hardship for 9 months? Have you ever thought of things like that? Not saying, you can't love an adopted baby. Just the love isn't as much if you don't experience the child all the way through, just my opinion.

I'm almost 20 years old Robin, stop calling me a teenager. Your the ignorant person who never listens to anyone and hypocritical about a lot what you say. Just because I say your brain wasn't wired correctly, doesn't mean your stupid. I was just saying the biological design wasn't done how it was shaped to be made. As in how the creator envisioned it to be, whether you believe we were designed by random or not. We still have a design of how we come out.

I don't ignore the world, I listen to what people say and my faults I try to improve. I'm not arrogant and I do not have an intensively high ego about myself. I'm honest about the things I say right down to my soul and heart. Just because it seems wrong to you doesn't mean it is wrong.

If you're going to turn this in to an argument about gay people vs. God's design then answer me this;

If we're against God's intelligent design then why do we exist? It's already been proven that this isn't simply something we choose. Hell, look at those 'pray the gay away' clinics you have cropping up in your right-wing extremist states. Teenage suicide is at an all-time high because of people like you claiming their human emotions and feelings are 'wrong'. My beliefs don't harm anyone. My beliefs are constantly letting me experience new things and new situations which open my eyes to the plights of people I've never even met. Your beliefs are causing the physical and emotional pain of _millions of people._ Your beliefs are causing people your age to kill themselves.

Next, if God loves every one of us then why does He curse some people with different sexualities and then make other people hate them? Are you trying to tell me that God purposefully causes the pain and suffering of the people He Himself made? That's a pretty arrogant sentiment for someone who has no idea what the guy is thinking.

Finally, if God wanted us to all be the exact same and live the same way then why did He give us free will? To troll us? Look in the Bible. God killed 2 billion people. How many did the Devil kill? None.

If you ask me you have faith in the wrong man.

_Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?_

I feel for you, Helladen, I really do. All of us at some point or another need to come to the realisation that the people around us will lie to try and protect us. In your case your family are lying to you about a religion which is both contradictory and idiotic. You're in the minority, in this case. The uproar caused by your right-wing religion nuts is starting to spread. Fairly soon you'll be the one who has the beliefs of the few and we'll be the ones who have the beliefs of the many.

I'd love to see how you handle a situation where you don't have the power of the church's dogma to blindly argue your points for you.

This wasn't something against the Bible. The only thing I see wrong about gays is that they cannot have their own child without adopting or getting pregnant through Sperm from a lab if their a woman. I have nothing against anything else, it's not my life to live. I don't want to be someone who is against something that hurts someone else.

The simple fact that you're asserting your own views so arrogantly means that you're hurting people, bro. It's hard to understand just how hard it is to grow up in a society where everyone thinks your way of life is 'wrong' and 'against nature' until you actually experience it yourself. Exactly why I'm looking forward to when your atittitude and views are the things which are seen as 'wrong' and 'against nature'.

Regardless of whether you have a malicious sentiment or not your attitude is causing unhappy sods to throw themselves of bridges and jump under trains.

If that's an acceptable practise in the church then God help us all.

If I'm hurting people by saying I am not for or against gay and they commit suicide then they have extreme emotional problems. Being emotional over what others think is pathetic.

Also, people like that need to learn to deal with it. Being gay is a choice based on what you want, and being different causes some people to be against it. It will eventually be accepted, most likely. Woman have been fighting for equality for ages, why must gays be different?

@Helladen:

> If I'm hurting people by saying I am not for or against gay and they commit suicide then they have extreme emotional problems. Being emotional over what others think is pathetic.

Really? You're saying that if your parents hammered it in to your head through your entire teenage years that you were an abomination and an insult against God you would feel happy about yourself? Once again stop arrogantly insulting people who've faced a situation you've never come across. It's that kind of attitude which caused this problem in the first place.

@Helladen:

> Also, people like that need to learn to deal with it. Being gay is a choice based on what you want, and being different causes some people to be against it. It will eventually be accepted, most likely. Woman have been fighting for equality for ages, why must gays be different?

Being gay is not a choice. You think people just wake up one morning and say, 'I'm going to do something which is completely against my nature and face harsh criticism from everyone I know.'? If so your brainwashing has made you completely disregard basic human emotion.

Also, we look back now and think "What the hell were we thinking?" when we look at the times when blacks and women didn't have equal rights. Same applies here. Of course this stopped being a discussion about equal rights a long time ago. Now it's a discussion about you believing that anyone who has a slightly different sexuality has dodgy wiring.

I'm sure everyone can agree that that's a good idea.

So far you've claimed that ignorance and fear are God's intended reaction to things which are different, you've claimed that women had to work for their rights and thus so should gays, you've claimed that anyone with a sexuality not 100% heterosexual has their brain wired wrong and that people who actually care what their parents think about them are unstable emotional wrecks.

Ladies and Gentlemen can we please get a round of applause of Helladen! *claps*

@Helladen:

> Being emotional over what others think is pathetic.

It's more than think now a days.  Kids can spend their years growing up with very few friends just because they like guys more than girls.
@Helladen:

> Also, people like that need to learn to deal with it. Being gay is a choice based on what you want, and being different causes some people to be against it.

It's really not a choice.  Of course you can be gay and pretend your straight all your life, get married and such, and 'choose' to be straight, but that's not choosing at all.  That's forcing yourself, and then in the end you won't even be happy about it.  if people had the choice, why would there be gays at all?

Imaging you were gay.  Then would you think it's against nature?@Helladen:

> The only thing I see wrong about gays is that they cannot have their own child without adopting or getting pregnant through Sperm from a lab if their a woman.

How is that wrong?  My very favorite thing about gay people in general is that they adopt and don't continue to overpopulate the world, and at the same time they're making a kid live a decent life instead of being stuck with foster homes and the like.

@Helladen:

> Gay is wrong simply because it is not what we were made for.

fuck, I use a fork as a whisk plenty of times.  It's not what it's made for, but it does one hell of a good job at it.  Point is, being made for something has nothing to do with what it's best at, or SHOULD do.  Silly puddy was invented in world war 2, testing something or other but it turned out to be better as a kids toy.

@Helladen:

> Just a prime example, if you couldn't adopt you would never have a child of your own. The child isn't your blood, how can you love something that isn't truly yours? How can you love something without seeing it how come for the first time? How can the mother figure love it as much without experiencing it growing within their body and enduring the hardship for 9 months? Have you ever thought of things like that? Not saying, you can't love an adopted baby. Just the love isn't as much if you don't experience the child all the way through, just my opinion.

This isn't about twisted opinions, and that's disregarding the fact that you're opinion makes almost no sense to me.  How can I love something that isn't truly mine?  Is that saying that someone's child is property?  dunno about where you live, but child labor and slavery are both illegal here.

Sorry for horrible formatting, but this kid's pissing me off.

@Robin:

> ![](http://i.imgur.com/46SY6.png)
>
> Oh the hypocrisy is _delightful._

I lol'd
@Helladen:

> Glad to see you took the time to abuse your powers as an administrator to change my signature and profile picture. Good job - your a great asset to Eclipse.

we all know the only reason robin is an administrator is because he made the best engine eclipse has seen.  No other reasons.

On topic: If this is petty, then what's the stuff that they're arguing about now?  Of negative importance?

@Helladen:

> He stole or used most of the code from other engines, end discussion.

/sigh. Your ability to lie to yourself simply to try and save your ego from realising that a gay bloke is more talented than you really goes too far.

It seems I missed a lot.  Personally I feel that intercourse is intended for reproduction.  With that in mind I have to admit that homosexual intercourse is unnatural. (M/M and F/F). At the same time this also means that I find several sexual acts unnatural, because they do not end in conception. Now to my point, even though I think this and openly admit to my thoughts I do not think that homosexuality is wrong, nor do I think that anything I just said is "Wrong". If I were to make that assumption then I would have to believe that I am better than many other people in the world, just because I believe the things I do.

As with the example above, I too often use cookware for things other than their intended purposes, and usually it works out very well. This clearly means that although there are some commonly accepted ways to do things they aren't necessarily the "right" ways for everyone.  So is it wrong to be gay? No. Is it unnatural in the long run? Considering the argument that homosexuality both fights over population and provides a potential family to orphans and unwanted children then no. If anything it's more natural and possibly something worth praise.