Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The gay way

Medleyy

Hey!
Okay, I'd just like to ask people about this. I'm not an American citizen, I'm English, so I'm not the most up-to-date on American politics, but I've seen some clips about Sarah Palin and her views opposing gay marriage.

I'd like to know _why_ she opposes gay marriage and what her problem with it is.
Also if anyone does oppose gay marriage, could you tell me why you do?

Please bear in mind that this is only to find out why people oppose gay marriage and why. I've never understood this, to be honest. I doubt anyone will, but please don't post homophobia, keep it clean. I'm just curious about what peoples views are.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/thread - A debate actually has potentially factual sides and arguments.
/politics - Politics for any country boils to personal preferences
/hot button issue - Homosexuality is a seriously /tense/ issue in some areas.
/"beliefs" - The entire matter comes down to /what you believe/. For example: I think that marriage is a commitment between two people before all the world and should be taken seriously. People I know think marriage is only between a man and woman, but constantly cheat on their spouse as if it were nothing.

Which is what I think. If marriage is ultimately sacred, then why not just abolish divorce? People who think the way that "Marriage is between a man and a woman and should be taken seriously." but cheat on their wife are essentially saying that two straight people have more right to be together than two gay people who love each other.  _That's_ the sort of thing that confuses me.

I am against many things that happen in present society. Thankfully I don't have to care, I won't be around to see the social and cultural apocalypse caused by abandoning all tradition, religion and common sense.

Gay mariages by themselves are not something I am particulary against, however I view them as a milestone to popularizing gay adoptions since the homo community want those so bad.

(And that would mean people like Purgatory teaching 2 year olds foul language)

Fear? Yes, I fear society feminization, americanization, gay propaganda and everything that is politicaly correct.
Ignorance? I would love to. However the gay movment is hard to ignore with their  tendency to proclaim that they love to have sex with other males whenever they are given a chance.

@Kusy:

> Ignorance? I would love to. However the gay movment is hard to ignore with their  tendency to proclaim that they love to have sex with other males whenever they are given a chance.

Oh please. Sexuality isn't black and white. About 80% of guys have had a gay experience at some point. I'd say gay parents will actually go towards making more stable homes in the future because we don't have to worry about unplanned children.

Go do a Google search on the amount of people who've had a fucked up childhood because their crackwhore mother got pregnant at 16 accidentally.

If you have a lot of faggotry in Poland then I feel for you. Just keep in mind that the faggots prancing around in skin-tight leather in front of kids are only a tiny, tiny percentage of a generally underground movement. The gay community has it's fair share of perverts just like all other communities.

We all love to stereotype. It's hilarious. But claiming gay people sleep with other men at any chance they get is like me claiming that Polish will take a British job at any chance they get.

Iknorite? It is hilarious.

However the reality is that I am quite prejudiced. If there's anything I can to deffend myself… I don't like lesbians just as much as I don't like gays. lol.

I had no gay experience in my life... balls were not touchin. trolol.

@Kusy:

> However the reality is that I am quite prejudiced. If there's anything I can to deffend myself… I don't like lesbians just as much as I don't like gays.

Exactly. Prejudice is spawned from fear of things which are different or ignorance of what they actually mean.

Don't take it personally. Humans are designed to be scared of new things. They did a big study on it a while back to trace the various anxieties. Being fearful of something different is a survival instinct.

Im against Gay marriage, Mainly because Im against all marriage, Stright, Gay, with your pet… eww but anyways. Marriage itself is a failed concept. Or at least it was for me, been there done that and never again. Causes to much drama

@Draken:

> Marriage itself is a failed concept. Or at least it was for me, been there done that and never again. Causes to much drama

Claiming that a system is a failed concept just because it didn't work for you is just silly. Marriage is simply a way for you to make your relationship official to the state. To that end it works just fine. Whatever 'didn't work' for you wasn't the fault of the system.

Most marriages Fail, and does nothing but cause people issues and money.  Very Very Few last more then 10 years. There should be a thing required to be together for more then 10 years before you can even get married.

People now days date for less then a year and get married… and they say "OMG I Found the Person Im Going To spend the rest of my life with"

Which the truth is most likely its going to end in divorce. People jump to marriage to quickly Or People Change after years, grow apart, ect...

Yes, but that's a problem with the people, not the system.

Claiming that marriage is a bad system because idiots don't take life commitments seriously is like claiming that baseball is a bad system because fights occasionally break out in the audience.

@Admiral:

> Sarah Palin is an idiot and the federal government should simply stay out of marriage.  Either abolish it, or just leave it to the States.

Personally I'd rather it stay with religion where it started.

In this thread, strong the trolling is.

Sara Palin is considered a conservitive republican. their platforms are mostly towards religion, money, and power… even tho they only things they really care about is money and power. They try to throw religious beliefs in to win over the bible thumpers.

Personally government should not be involved in marrage. if a gay couple wants to be married then let them. government is involved in telling its people how to live their lives way to much! You want to be a free progressive nation then act like one.

OH and Sara Palin is annoying as hell and i wish she would get eaten by a grizzly!