Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Company name

Dark Crusade

So, now that I'm older, sexier and wiser, I've become more determined to start an independent game studio. I'll actually be able to fund projects I work on, and I already am working on a small original casual game from scratch. I won't reveal it as of this stage however. I was trying to brainstorm some names for a company today, seemingly everything I could think of was taken (elixir, lifepixel, ember studios, and a range of other ideas I had and wish were available). Here's a quick mock-up of a logo, showcasing another name I thought of that isn't copyrighted. It reflects my interests and goals. I love pixel art and I love retro games.

![](http://i51.tinypic.com/2dh8ljl.png)

![](http://i52.tinypic.com/2lav0h.png)

Looking or opinions moreso on the name, the logo was just for presentation purposes. (:

Hmm… Have you tried just "Pixx Studios"? It might make some people think of a picture studio instead of gaming, but it's just a thought. You could also incorporate 8bit somewhere in the name, such as "Pix8" or "Pixx8" which could be shortened to p8studios.

I'm just thinking out loud.

**Edit:**
Of course, you're talking to the guy who named himself Jungletoe ;D

@ZoSo:

> Im kinda curious on your project, i really hope its NOT eclipse related.

Of course it isn't. I learnt never to use Eclipse back in 2007\. Then a few years later to never use Visual Basic 6 all together.

@Jungle:

> Hmm… Have you tried just "Pixx Studios"? It might make some people think of a picture studio instead of gaming, but it's just a thought. You could also incorporate 8bit somewhere in the name, such as "Pix8" or "Pixx8" which could be shortened to p8studios.
>
> I'm just thinking out loud.

Not wanting to seem like i'm limiting my productions strictly to 8bit.

@Kusy:

> So softcore bro…
>
> you should name the company "fire pants studios".
> Or just something ballsy. Something with history... Something that matters...
> NOT JUST PIXEL WITH TWO X!

TRIPLE X!!!!
Your pixels are SO exxxtreme they need 3 Xs to contain them!

@Kusy:

> So softcore bro…
>
> you should name the company "fire pants studios".
> Or just something ballsy. Something with history... Something that matters...
> NOT JUST PIXEL WITH TWO X!

HAHA Fire Pants Studios.

I want something simple and memorable. Something easily distinguished by a logo. Firepants Studios could be easy remembered, due to the lol/wtf-value.

keep in mind man, and this is what a college teacher told me, is that anything you plan on marketing as a logo that will appear on boxes for a product will need be done in vector.  i don't know if thats 100% true statement, but i would hate to think the dude teaching the class was a moron.

like the examples he used were like the pepsi logo, nike swoosh logo, simple vector image to be used for marketing.

@Kreator:

> Only other idea I thought of, which is a name I've had for a while now, is 'Dead Planet'. Something like 'Dead Planet Productions or Studios'. I can already think of some amazing logo ideas for it.

that would work if it had a nice little logo to go with it.  I actually quite like it.