Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Omega 1.6

Murdoc

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I'm having a slight issue: I can't talk to Friendly NPCs, or NPCs that have the Conversation box checked. I've given the NPC health, and all stats are random numbers that aren't zero. I've deleted and remade NPCs on different numbers, yet I still cannot talk to it. When I walk up to it and press CTRL, nothing happens.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

@Robert:

> Hi! I'm having a slight issue: I can't talk to Friendly NPCs, or NPCs that have the Conversation box checked. I've given the NPC health, and all stats are random numbers that aren't zero. I've deleted and remade NPCs on different numbers, yet I still cannot talk to it. When I walk up to it and press CTRL, nothing happens.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm pretty sure that Murdock is going to hate for this but…

>! As you would know, more features would include more bugs in some occasions. So, I'd pretty much recommend Eclipse Origins/CrystalShire Developers Edition instead.

I couldn't figure how the edit got so fucked up all of a sudden so I double checked the version I compiled. Looks I got something mixed up before compiling version 1.6\. Thankfully I made a backup before it got screwy. So I'm going to upload the backup and re-release it as 1.6.1\. This will solve the problem of not being able to have conversations and possibly other bugs.

@Murdock:

> It's still saving the data. Although it appears to reset in the editor, if you tested it you would know that the level requirement still saves. How many times do I have to tell you this. TEST it for yourself.

You doesn't got what i meant..It's okay, like the Level item: 5 is saved in the data, i know it is saved..
but the problem is if i want to cut a lvl 10 tree with lower woodcutting than the required level, the server crashes, and you can't open the server anymore.. it says: Subcript out of range '9..
I hope you won't be so angry if you see i'm replied.. but this IS what i mean :o

@benedek11:

> You doesn't got what i meant..It's okay, like the Level item: 5 is saved in the data, i know it is saved..
> but the problem is if i want to cut a lvl 10 tree with lower woodcutting than the required level, the server crashes, and you can't open the server anymore.. it says: Subcript out of range '9..
> I hope you won't be so angry if you see i'm replied.. but this IS what i mean :o

the level of item is for player level not job level

I have a new problem. If i put a door called: Door1 , and i set those coordinates in the warp section like (map: 2 x: 5 y: 5) and i put Key1 is required to enter.

When i walk into it both with or without a key, it gives me subscript out of range error 9

What do i need to do?

@benedek11:

> I have a new problem. If i put a door called: Door1 , and i set those coordinates in the warp section like (map: 2 x: 5 y: 5) and i put Key1 is required to enter.
>
> When i walk into it both with or without a key, it gives me subscript out of range error 9
>
> What do i need to do?

You must be doing something wrong. Post a screenshot of how you have the door set in the editor.

@Zetasis:

> So I'm assuming that no one else has had the blank screen problem when more then one person is online?

I haven't tested this to make sure. Only one complaint so far and he added his own modifications, so hard to say if it was an issue before or after. Since my time is quite limited, if someone else could test this it would be great.

Unfortunately, this system has more bugs than I had anticipated. Because my time is limited at the moment, preventing me from finding and fixing all bugs, I have decided to put an end to this project. The topic will be locked.

_Please_ don't send me private messages requesting I fix this or that, because the overall system is too unstable and a few bug fixes aren't going to cut it in the long run. I may work on creating a more stable custom version with the same features when I have more time (Which anyone could do with a little effort, a copy of EO 2.0, and a browse through the tutorials). But I'm not making any promises.

I apologize to anyone who was hoping to use this for a game. However, without a stable engine it's not a good idea anyway as the bugs just halt production time. My advice is to add the features you want to a fresh copy of EO 2.0 and use the tutorial threads to work out any bugs.

> Eclipse Omega is a modified version of Eclipse Origins 2.0 (by Robin) that uses "Eclipse Modifications 2.6" (by Richy), as a base.

That's your problem right there. Use a buggy engine as a base and you'll get a buggy engine yourself. If you're going to make a custom modification then you need the skills to work the features in yourself. 80% of software development is debugging and diagnosis. If you can't do that then you should not be releasing things to the public.

@Robin:

> That's your problem right there. Use a buggy engine as a base and you'll get a buggy engine yourself. If you're going to make a custom modification then you need the skills to work the features in yourself. 80% of software development is debugging and diagnosis. If you can't do that then you should not be releasing things to the public.

Agreed. When I started using eclipse modifications I noticed many of the bugs were not really bugs but improper use of the systems. However along the way ive come to realize theres too many bugs for me to iron out having limited knowledge in vb. I have no problem admitting it. Plus, I feel im encouraging laziness by adding these features, which were simply taken from tutorials, instead of letting others do it themselves and gaining some basic knowledge of how the engine works.