Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Omega 1.6

Murdoc

@kibbelz:

> I would say replace the quest system for altar's. Plus edit the pet system so it doesn't rely on wasting map npc slots.

Alatar's quest system is also buggy and not complete. If there was a fix for this quest system it would be prime, or if alatar's was fully functioning… hmm.. im gonna run some more tests and see what I can do

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hedgy:

> Nice edit, but you might not name it a "fully functioning quest system" yet if you have too many quests ingame and press on the "quest tab" it'll crash. (I made about 11 or 12)
>
> (I so agree with Captain Wabbit by the way. Eclipse is great for a game with friends or a small great community, programmers and not-programmers should both enjoy it no matter how they use it. )

This is not entirely true it turns out. It has nothing to do with how many quests there, but rather something to do with some other code. The only reason I know is because I had the crashing issue happen after getting 5 quests.. but once I completed the quest for the 1st npc the crashing stopped… Im not sure what the cause is though.

Edit: For anyone that cant see the quests in quest log, just make sure they have descriptions. This also fixes the crashing "bug".

@Zetasis:

> Just curious, do you plan on adding Altars's quests system in this edit by chance since now there is an updated version? That would be a nice addition compared to the current quest system.

I'm not planning on it. This quest system functions quite well (the crashing bug is solved by making sure each quest has a "Quest Desc"). Plus, I prefer the way richy's handles quests personally.

Version 1.3 is now out.

What's changed in this version:

- Added Buff spell system, Multiple drops, and Conversation system. (Credits in main post)

* Note: These have been tested, and so far no bugs.

- Fixed some minor bugs in the Quest system that caused the quest log to not update properly.

- Removed flash capability as it was causing random errors.

- Made it so that kill quests are complete once last target is killed, instead of having them end when more than the requested amount were killed.

- Added a third chatbox for npc "friendly" types that dont have conversation enabled. So there are now 3 chatbox methods (quest, conversation, and short messages)

Some notes on the Quest system: (Read this to avoid annoying bugs)

- The quest log crashing "bug" was not really a bug per se. Turns out, you HAVE to put a Quest desc for EVERY quest or this will happen. Problem solved.

- 1st and 2nd Quest npc made tend to bug out until you create new character. (cause undetermined)

- A "find npc" quest target must also be scripted (quest type), until I find a way to have them as friendly (conversation) targets.

** Edit: I fixed the quests so that a find npc can be a conversation or regular friendly npc.

The main post has been updated. And, here is the download link:

Eclipse Omega version 1.3 : [http://www.mediafire.com/?bp17s8h04n18kp0](http://www.mediafire.com/?bp17s8h04n18kp0)

Enjoy! :)

@hedgy:

> Thanks a lot murdock, I really didn't expect it so fast already! :D Thanks I'll check it out and note you on any bug/problem I find.

Sounds good. And youre quite welcome. Im also using this as a base for my project Tales of Alderon. But I wanted to share with the community too.

Just let me know if you run into any problems. :)

That's really kind. :)

Anyway so far I was playing around with 1.3:
All NPC's had to be deleted, but I already knew about that it's because of the multiple drop thing. (I tried to add it earlyer but failed ^^'' ), other things are all copy-paste without needing to be re-done wich is very usefull.

I found one new small bug at the quest system, I called a quest "woodcutting" wich is also a name of a job, when I pressed on woodcutting at the quest it went to the woodcutting job screen instead of the quest one.
Isn't really a problem, I just called it "woodcutting quest" instead. But I just felt like to note it for others who likes to make a quest of a job.

Conversations system works good so far, didn't try the events (yet). I did try to add this to a pet, sadly didn't work but I could have expected that. xD

Also door editor pop ups now when pressing the button cool, will try it out later. :)

Didn't try the buff system (yet)

Version 1.5 is now out.

Changes in version 1.5:

- Added chest attribute (credit to kibbelz)

- Added Crafting/Blacksmith/Alchemy mod (credit to DJMaxus)

- Modified quest system, so you can use friendly or conversation npc's for a "find npc" quest

- Fixed some minor bugs in the Spell and Crafting system

This will be the final release for Eclipse Omega. If there are any bugs, please let me know and I'll try to fix them.

Final version (1.5) features:

Crafting/Blacksmithing/Alchemy etc (credit to DJMaxus)
Chest attribute (credit to kibbelz)
(added in 1.3):
Multiple Item Drops and Percentile Chances (credit to Scott)
Buff spell system (credit to mmearrccii)
Conversation System 1.1 (credit to Robin (translated by Ryoku Hasu))
(added in 1.0):
Npc Spells 2.0 (credit to DJMaxus)
Ranged Projectiles (credit to Captain Wabbit)
Advanced doors, keys and switches (credit to Ryoku Hasu)

Download Link: [http://www.mediafire.com/?v9ql9gf25g91c1h](http://www.mediafire.com/?v9ql9gf25g91c1h)

Happy Developing! :)

@Night~:

> This **IS** what I'm searching for!!!!! thank you!!!
>
>     -Kindly,
>       Night~

@Zetasis:

> With just the features add alone this base could make a decent game. Good jab man and thanks for the edit.

Youre quite welcome.

Just a little update. Since releasing 1.5 I have noticed a couple bugs while using it for production. I'm going to fix them up and release version 1.6 sometime later today.

i have noticed few bugs, first: drops dont save; second: in recipe, tool wont save; third: npc attacks even when i am on the second end of map when i equip them with spell, and they wont cast it (maybe i am doing it wrong)

@Vus:

> i have noticed few bugs, first: drops dont save; second: in recipe, tool wont save; third: npc attacks even when i am on the second end of map when i equip them with spell, and they wont cast it (maybe i am doing it wrong)

The data is saving theyre just not refreshing in the editor properly. Ill fix that. But I think youre setting the spells up wrong, because they work fine for me.

@lords:

> How can pet system

Please speak in whole sentences. It's easier to understand what you're saying that way. Anyway, to use the pet system is simple. You make a spell that is set to "pet". Then you create an npc that is also set to pet. When you learn the spell then cast it, the pet will appear.

@Murdock:

> Please speak in whole sentences. It's easier to understand what you're saying that way. Anyway, to use the pet system is simple. You make a spell that is set to "pet". Then you create an npc that is also set to pet. When you learn the spell then cast it, the pet will appear.

He was referencing the infamous 'how to crystalshire' meme, and/or incorrectly referencing the 'how do i shot web?' meme.