Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wipe my ass with this warning

DrNova

>! Dear DrNova,
>! You have received a warning for breaking rule 1.1: No Spamming.
>! Quote from: Godlord on April 14, 2007, 06:52:13 PM
>!     1.1\. No spamming.
>!     Spamming isn't allowed on this site at all, this includes the forums as well as the shout box. So please refrain from doing this. This includes:
>!         Posting stand-alone smilies and stand-alone images that represent smilies.
        Posting only a few words, just one word or no words at all, whereas the context represents either nothing meaningful or just something that is not relative to the subject at all.
        Posting multiple smilies without a purpose, again this includes images that represent smilies.
>!     You must make constructive and meaningful posts. Breaking this rule may result in a warning. However, spamming the shout box constantly will not result in a warning any longer. If we see you spamming the shout box constantly and we feel that it is necessary, then you will receive a ban of at least three days.
>! You can find the full list of rules here:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,12941.msg107398.html#msg107398
>! Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.
>! Re: Ron Paul, 2012
>! Regards,
The Eclipse Moderation Team

Ha! What a joke. Bite me, whoever warned me. I honestly dont care. I'm sure this rule is applied unevenley, at best. Your "warning" means nothing to me, not on this particular issue. Bugger off

@DrNova:

> Ha! What a joke. Bite me, whoever warned me. I honestly dont care. Your "warning" means nothing to me, not on this particular issue. Bugger off

Good. Warnings should mean absolutely nothing to you. They're simply that. A verbal warning.

It's to warn you against breaking the rules in the future. This may lead to other disciplinary proceedings which aren't so pleasant.

The fact that you were warned by that admin is probably a good sign you were breaking the rules, though. I've never even seen him warn anyone before.

My underlying point is the mass amount of single post "offtopics". In a habitual sense, warning make some measure of sense, however in a forum, of any kind, its the occasional quirks, one liners, ect that make the place fun. 

I dont think my post there was that much an issue. It was related to the thread, if not the topic, and I had been active in said thread "ontopic" anyways. Thats why I think it was a silly warning and I chose to disregard it. I'm all for appropriate applications, but not ones such as this.

And it wont deter me from making related posts in the future, both because its not like I have an "issue" with spamming all over the place, and because it was relevant to the thread in its own way, if not the topic itself

Do you honestly not see how bad this topic is? You're making a post saying how you don't care about the warning, _you made a topic_. Heaps of warnings are given out everyday and this is the first I've seen posted in chit chat complaining, you **obviously care more than anyone else.**

@DrNova:

> My underlying point is the mass amount of single post "offtopics". In a habitual sense, warning make some measure of sense, however in a forum, of any kind, its the occasional quirks, one liners, ect that make the place fun. 
>
> I dont think my post there was that much an issue. It was related to the thread, if not the topic, and I had been active in said thread "ontopic" anyways. Thats why I think it was a silly warning and I chose to disregard it. I'm all for appropriate applications, but not ones such as this.
>
> And it wont deter me from making related posts in the future, both because its not like I have an "issue" with spamming all over the place, and because it was relevant to the thread in its own way, if not the topic itself

Then stop making such a big deal about it and get on with your life like everyone else.