Find results in...

[EO 2.0/3.0] Guilds

Scott

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Whack:

> PVO doesn't have any effect on this. Now the problem is ive redone the tut, but I was getting an runtime error with scrlvalue and guildrank_recruit when making a guild. I temporarily fixed it by doing what I posted above, but I need your help

@Justn:

> Hmm works fine for me

It appears to have an negative effect works fine for everyone but you…  The tutorial works fine, I'm not sure what about PVO is causing the problem, but if your getting an error there make sure the Call Set_Default_Guild_Ranks is in the server start up code. When I get home ill look into it a little more, but be patient please.

@Whack:

> Okay, but I'm 90 percent sure a custom engine that effects **how players move** doesn't have anything to do with a **guild rank error**. I'm at school but I'll try to look at it again when I get home. I'll show you the error I was getting before I edited the scrlvalue

Well I'm 100 percent sure that no one else is having these problems, now I'm trying to be nice but I am losing patience with you.  If your the only one with this problem and your the only one using PVO, **THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT NOT MY TUTORIAL**…

I have tested my tutorial on **EO 2.0** _**4 times now**_ with no problems, it works 100% as intended.  Yes that means I took a fresh copy of **EO 2.0** the software this is intended for and made sure that my tutorial worked, I have had no problem every one of those 4 times with it.  Just because the only visual difference in PVO is the walking style does not mean there is not a problem in the non-visual aspect of it, you know all the code that is needed to make it work?  If you want to keep arguing with me about how it's my tutorials fault I will not help you, I do not support PVO but I was trying to be nice and look into your problem. **Stop being such a retard, I offered to help even though your such a stick…**

@Scott:

> I'm more than happy to help, I'll download PVO later today and see whats causing the problem, but how could you not be implying my tutorial was at fault when you where trying to say that it was not a problem with PVO?

Look, I don't want to fight, it's overwith. I think I managed to fix it myself anyways.

I do have a new question though, that you might be able to help me with. I was making a guild news panel, and what it does is it takes the info for when a person joins the guild and when its created, and lots of other things. I started it by making it add a message to the News Panel when the guild is created. So server side in MakeGuild I added

```
Call SendGuildNews1(False, Founder_Index, GuildSlot)
```
I made the SendGuildNews1 Sub, and added the right ByVals at the top, and then added this:

```
Buffer.WriteLong SSendGuildNews1

Buffer.WriteString GuildData(GuildSlot).Guild_Name
```
Along with the other normal stuff. When I did the rest of everything, I get this server side error when I make the guild:

RTE 91, Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set

it highlights

```
Buffer.WriteLong SSendGuildNews1
```
In Sub SendGuildNews1

I really don't know how to fix it :/ can you help?

@Scott:

> Well I'm 100 percent sure that no one else is having these problems, now I'm trying to be nice but I am losing patience with you.  If your the only one with this problem and your the only one using PVO, **THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT NOT MY TUTORIAL**…
>
> I have tested my tutorial on **EO 2.0** _**4 times now**_ with no problems, it works 100% as intended.  Yes that means I took a fresh copy of **EO 2.0** the software this is intended for and made sure that my tutorial worked, I have had no problem every one of those 4 times with it.  Just because the only visual difference in PVO is the walking style does not mean there is not a problem in the non-visual aspect of it, you know all the code that is needed to make it work?  If you want to keep arguing with me about how it's my tutorials fault I will not help you, I do not support PVO but I was trying to be nice and look into your problem. **Stop being such a retard, I offered to help even though your such a stick…**

@Scott:

> I'm more than happy to help, I'll download PVO later today and see whats causing the problem, but how could you not be implying my tutorial was at fault when you where trying to say that it was not a problem with PVO?

He isn't implying anything. PVO only adds gravity, so the only way I can imagine it interfering is if there was something renamed in PVO that this tutorial uses.
You are jumping to conclusions by saying that Whack is blaming your tutorial. I can completely understand where you are coming from, but there's no need to call somebody else a retard based on your quick judgement.
Not saying you're a bad guy, I mean you're helping someone who you thought was intentionally pissing you off.

@Wing♣:

> He isn't implying anything. PVO only adds gravity, so the only way I can imagine it interfering is if there was something renamed in PVO that this tutorial uses.
> You are jumping to conclusions by saying that Whack is blaming your tutorial. I can completely understand where you are coming from, but there's no need to call somebody else a retard based on your quick judgement.
> Not saiyan you're a bad guy, I mean you're helping someone who you thought was intentionally pissing you off.

You didn't get to see his post's a moderator removed…  "I'll come backwhen your tutorial works" was 1 line from it.

@Whack Does it look exactly like all the other ones do (Ie define buffer at top)

Just want to say that I added this to my source and it works fine. My only question is in the guild admin panel what exactly is the guild color selection for? I changed it from red to green and I didn't see any visible difference.

@Scott:

> @Whack Does it look exactly like all the other ones do (Ie define buffer at top)

Yeah I made it exactly the same as the others, I even placed it above the SendGuild and HandleSendGuild Subs. I get that error, I tried everything. I just removed it until it gets figured out.

I've added all the code, all looks fine, but obviously its not…
The system works fine, until someone tries to accept a guild invite, it simply says "No one from this guild is online any more, please ask for a new invite." I'm sure I've missed something, seeing as it's working fine for everyone else.
So please, can anyone tell me what it might be that is causing the problem. I can describe better/send my source if required.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. (-:
I've tried to install and reinstall this but always the same bug:
I launch the server, it work.
I launch the client, and when I click on "connect", I've a bug in the server:

> Run-time error '9':
> Subscript out of range

In sub Join Game:

> ' Send welcome messages
>     Call SendWelcome(Index)
>     'Do all the guild start up checks
>     Call GuildLoginCheck(Index)
>     ' Send Resource cache
> **    For i = 0 To ResourceCache(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Resource_Count**
>         SendResourceCacheTo Index, i
>     Next

(I'm using the QuestClient)
Thank you for your help. ^^

Works very good :D
But i got one Problem…
I use Show Player Level
and now... Take a look
[![](http://www7.pic-upload.de/thumb/17.03.12/myhwxj4k7hv4.png)](http://www.pic-upload.de/view-13383116/Unbenannt.png.html)

What can i do ?
Or can i make that the Player Level shows on the Right of the name like the Show NPC Level ?

```
    If GetPlayerSprite(Index) < 1 Or GetPlayerSprite(Index) > NumCharacters Then
        TextY = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - 16
        'Guild TUT
---->  Text2Y = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset
    Else
        ' Determine location for text
        TextY = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(GetPlayerSprite(Index)).lHeight / 4) + 16
        'Guild TUT
----> Text2Y = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(GetPlayerSprite(Index)).lHeight / 4) + 4
    End If
```
The 2 lines with the –--> next to them allow you to change the y(vertical) height of the guild name.