Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Donation Goal!

Link

Hi everyone,

The reason I'm posting here today is because Eclipse needs help in order to switch forum software! The new IPB license will cost somewhere around 200$ I'm asking the community to help raise that! Eclipse is setting a donation goal of 200$ in order to complete the switch. After the switch real development of the website can begin as MyBB is holding us back from any plans of promotion or anything along those lines. 

For those who do donate all you'd have to do is send me a message, you'll get a new group on the new site and you'll also have access to something in store that other members wont be able to get their hands on easily and of course my gratitude. That is all I can release for now. The people who donated will be listed in this topic and elsewhere so that they may claim their prize on the new site.

You can find the donation button on the right side of the shoutbox or message me for details. Thank you.

Donations:
CMFiend420 : 3$
Benjo: 10$
Marsh: 10$
Matt: 10$
ussenterprise: 10$
FaKku : 10$
Puregamemale : 40$
coffeeraptor: 17$

Regards, 
         Link

Lol. Yeah sure, I'll donate after I made money from this pyramid scheme I'm investing in. Got any more places to spend my money wisely? Bitcoin?

Maybe you want to start investing time and effort yourself before you ask for donations? The only thing that changed in these past months is that there are less supported engines, the search button went missing and less people believe in the future of eclipse. What about that engine that was in development? Gone?

I'm fully aware that donating perks are donating perks. I'm also fully aware that you're not obligated to be 100% transparent to us about absolutely everything. However, as a non web-developer, I would like to have at least a brief idea on how our current forum software is limiting us, and how the desired forum software will remove those limitations, before throwing money for the license.

@'Andiii':

> What happen to the prople who donated and were placed into donator groups before the switch from IPB to this one?

I have seen some users with donator Rank, but i think some Ranks are Dominate the others, who donated can normally change the group, an has his or our options idk. I think so.

The were many features we wanted to implement that the developers find it more complicated to do through MyBB such as profile customization, social media integration and many more features that could be named. Things like recent donations and donation goals and things like that were also much easier to do in IPB. Also I enjoy IPB more for design. There were more things that aren't capable of being done in MyBB that need to be done, but with all due respect again that would kind of spoil the surprise. To my understanding IPB is less developer friendly, but better feature wise and even though MyBB is ok for developers it seems to still limit capabilities. I would rather have switched to SMF over it, but in the end the choice is IPB.

It's not that mybb is limited, but there should be no reason for us to have to work months on features that won't be used if they can be put up within minutes on IPB with its variety of pre-made plugins and see if it is used or not.

I do agree with what you said, the limited part of mybb is just not wanting to do hours of work when everything wished by this community and Link can be done in seconds on IPB

• 2 weeks later...