Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

E3 Discussion

Marsh

Why hasnt this thread been made yet? You guys call yourself gamers…

Seen anything awesome yet? Thoughts?

New Black ops looks pretty damn awesome. Xbox smartglass actually looks pretty kickass. Though it probably wont be worth the cash they charge for it.

No new console announcements other then the wii :(

Because everyone is too busy watching it.  I've seen all of the conferences.

Microsoft's was a joke. Major waste of time, to be expected. EA is doing okay, but they barely showed anything. Dead Space 3 was pretty much the only thing worth seeing here. Sim City looked alright.

Ubisoft.. didn't deliver much to the plate either. They pulled Far Cry 3 as their trump card; With the reason it's the best new-age FPS ever because it's: "The first four-player co-op." Which is funny, because wasn't Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Left 4 Dead also four-player with co-op campaigns?

Then there's Sony. I was really hoping they would pick up the pace. Owning a PS3 myself, I expected good things to come. And sure enough, they did some amazing things. Beyond looked pretty realistic, but the trailer so far didn't sell it for me. God Of War, is pretty neat. I've played a few of them before, but the gameplay looks the exact same as the previous. Wonderbook was hilarious. Having people in their 30s pretend to be Harry Potter was quite entertaining. Though, The Last Of Us really interested me. I look forward to getting that game.

Finally, Nintendo just ended 30 minutes ago. It blew the rest of the conferences out of the park. Showing a case of 23 titles, some including a special edition Batman, Avengers, Assassin's Creed III, then Nintendo titles; Super Mario U, Scribblenauts, and ZombiU. I don't own a 3DS, so it doesn't interest me, but they showered some cool games for it. What struck me as amazing for Nintendo, was the amount of content they showed, in LESS time than the other conferences.

Nintendo has my vote this year. With Sony has a second.

Also, you can catch all of the conferences here: [http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/sony-e3/](http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/sony-e3/)

Nintendo normally dominates the conference. Any thoughts on the hardcore wii U controller? I am happy there doing it as i personally like a traditional controller. The overall design is hilarious though. I expected them to come up with something more different then the norm.

@‭‭‭Marsh:

> Nintendo normally dominates the conference. Any thoughts on the hardcore wii U controller? I am happy there doing it as i personally like a traditional controller. The overall design is hilarious though. I expected them to come up with something more different then the norm.

It reminds me of the Gamestop version of the Xbox 360 controller I own. Though, all of the controllers are basically the same damn thing. Really though, the Wii-U gamepad is already a nice controller. You have all of the buttons you need, and it's a lot smaller this year than last year's. The Wii-U also accepts back-wards compatibility with the old Wii remotes. As well as the classic controller, and Gamecube controller. So you don't have to go out and buy all new sets and stuff.

As for the actual console, FPS is gonna be amazing on it. Just check out ZombiU to get a good feel of it. (If you haven't already.)  I personally played Nintendo Wii, only with the family. I'm a PC/PS3 gamer. Mainly PC. Though, I will play the hell out of Wii-U once it's released.

One thing I am glad about, is the fact Wii-U is going in a good direction. The Wii was fun, but lacked gameplay. They relied too much on motion control and low graphics. Now, the Wii-U has a great flow of motion control, two screens, and classic controller gameplay, plus pumped with 1080p graphics.

I am looking forward to Last of US too.

I saw a little bit of the sony conference last night on G4\. It looks like sony is trying to copy Nintendo again by copying the wii u. They are now going to make the vita a compatible controller for the PS3… the will have it be dual screen, so you get updates or whatever on the vita, and then the rest of the game on the screen. and then you can also take adavantage of the vita's touch screen and other enhancements for games. If im not mistaken, that is what the wii u does too.

To some extent, yeah. However, the Wii-U pad isn't just a controller. It's an extension of the game itself. For instance, I'd like to see the Vita become a sniper scope of a FPS you're playing, or work as a tool that only a second screen could do. Sony is just trying to keep up, as usual. They would be better off trying to come up with their own things. Just following everyone else is a horrid idea.

While Nintendo definitely stole the show. Again.

It was still disappointing. I was hoping for a Zelda 2012, a Metroid 2012, or a Super Smash Bros 4\. I was even hoping for Sega to turn up with their major Sonic game for this year…none of them.

Instead we're given Nintendo Land, and several other games that sound like terrible innuendos. :3

Still, Batman Armored Edition, New Super Mario Bros 2, New Super Mario Bros U, Scribblenauts, Tekken, Mass Effect 3 (for the Wii U), and Pikmin 3  seems good.

As for Sony, they're just doing what they've always done, so, what's to be expected. ;d

@Toshiro:

> To some extent, yeah. However, the Wii-U pad isn't just a controller. It's an extension of the game itself. For instance, I'd like to see the Vita become a sniper scope of a FPS you're playing, or work as a tool that only a second screen could do. Sony is just trying to keep up, as usual. They would be better off trying to come up with their own things. Just following everyone else is a horrid idea.

I think the most useful things for the second screen is just to be an inventory. That way you can rearrange items / see what you have without going into a menu.

@‭‭‭Marsh:

> I think the most useful things for the second screen is just to be an inventory. That way you can rearrange items / see what you have without going into a menu.

That's true. Though, this is just the base of what it can do. They keep doing things with it that I don't even think so. Like in ZombiU, your main screen is seeing what's going on around you, yet if you wanna input a code into an system pad, it'd appear on your touch screen gamepad. I found that awesome and clever.

@Gwen:

> the sony all star (ssb clone) was stupid. they totaly ripped off super smash brothers, and just threw in sony characters.

Yup, that game looks all kinds of stupid.

![](http://i.imgur.com/zgCqs.png)

@Toshiro:

> Microsoft's was a joke. Major waste of time, to be expected. EA is doing okay, but they barely showed anything. Dead Space 3 was pretty much the only thing worth seeing here. Sim City looked alright.

You judge unfairly, young padawan.

There was a new Gears of War that was announced. halo 4 looks amazing, and the kinect, although stupid, seems to get more an more appealing every year.

I havent seen any other of the e3 presentations, but I thoroughly enjoyed the xbox one, until they got into the sports games… lol

Halo 4, was to be expected. However, it's being completely dragged out. I stopped following the Halo franchise after Halo 2\. I've never played Gears of War, though I hear that's becoming a milked series as well. Although I enjoy the Assassin's Creed series, they're going to really start going downhill if they continue to make releases. On the bright side, it's based off of history, and additional game play.

Microsoft's main highlight was Internet Explorer and Halo 4.

The Last Of Us was prob the best thing I've seen and I don't even own a PS3\. Definitely buying that for my bros PS3\. Wii U seemed like lots of fun, I like the WiiVerse idea and I'm really hoping the guys over at Platinum Games finish up "Project P-100" in time for a 2012 release. Loved what was shown, especially the stylistic graphics.

Xbox didn't show anything for me, I don't really play FPS's that much. They need to put Rare to work on a new Conker or…Killer Instinct.

Well the only thing I actually liked about the Microsoft press conference , well actually two things , Resident Evil 6 and TOMB RAIDER.OMG WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GAME.For me , the xbox smart class thing was well boring.Also it is a game event why the hell did they bring that?
EA was average.I liked the new need for speed but well I don't trust EA with new nfs games anymore.Same old boring shit like fifa13 nba13.They all the same game we bought last year with new teams and players.I call shit.I liked ACIII but what I actually really loved about the Ubisoft conference was Watch Dogs.THAT HACKING WAS SO NICE!The only nice things at sony conference was The last of us demo and that new quantic dream game named Beyond I loved the trailer!

^ Watch Dogs…that's what I forgot, that looked cool.

The new ACIII didn't impress me one bit, I hate the setting...it just doesn't belong and that awful cinematic where he rushes a troop of soldiers with guns and everyone decides to try and stab him instead of shooting him.

@Lenn:

> Well, the show _is_ called the **Electronic Entertainment** Expo. It's not just for video games, it just focuses around that.

Well I just feel like they shouldn't have wasted half of their conference to show the SmartGlass thing and focused of games.

@Vitin:

> Well I just feel like they shouldn't have wasted half of their conference to show the SmartGlass thing and focused of games.

Obviously they didnt have anything better to show. I personally think its neat. I watch so much stuff on my xbox i could see myself using it.

**Most Looking Forward To:**
1\. Halo 4 (yeah I'm a fanboy)
2\. Watch Dogs (just looks insanely awesome)
3\. Dishonored (been following its awesomeness for a while, just don't want it to completely copy BioShock)
4\. Hitman Absolution (ultimate badassery)
5\. Tomb Raider (a great new look for a series I never really got into)

**Biggest Disappointments/Fails:**
1\. Valve not showing up :mad:
2\. No new Xbox and the nothing of any value (except Halo) at the Microsoft Conference
3\. The awkward-fest that was the Ubisoft conference
4\. Wonderbook being given to a land whale who can't understand instructions
5\. Usher just being straight up horrible and not belonging anywhere near a gaming convention

**P.S.** Farcry 3 looked really good, but then I got some first impressions from people who tested it out and they said it was very "meh."