Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Map Tile Animations (Client does all the work)

Linkmegax

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, so I know this is for EO2.3, but I would love to get this into EO3.0

I seem to have butchered the code a bit but got it working without errors. The issue I have is it never seems to fire the Render code. I have:

```
        If GetTickCount Mod 1000 < 500 Then
            ' skip tile?
            If (.Layer(MapLayer.MaskAnim).Tileset > 0 And .Layer(MapLayer.MaskAnim).Tileset <= NumTileSets) And (.Layer(MapLayer.MaskAnim).x > 0 Or .Layer(MapLayer.MaskAnim).y > 0) Then
              If Autotile(x, y).Layer(i).renderState = RENDER_STATE_NORMAL Then
                    ' Draw normally
                    RenderTexture Tex_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), ConvertMapX(x * PIC_X), ConvertMapY(y * PIC_Y), .Layer(i).x * 32, .Layer(i).y * 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, -1
                ElseIf Autotile(x, y).Layer(i).renderState = RENDER_STATE_AUTOTILE Then
                    ' Draw autotiles
                    DrawAutoTile i, ConvertMapX(x * PIC_X), ConvertMapY(y * PIC_Y), 1, x, y
                    DrawAutoTile i, ConvertMapX((x * PIC_X) + 16), ConvertMapY(y * PIC_Y), 2, x, y
                    DrawAutoTile i, ConvertMapX(x * PIC_X), ConvertMapY((y * PIC_Y) + 16), 3, x, y
                    DrawAutoTile i, ConvertMapX((x * PIC_X) + 16), ConvertMapY((y * PIC_Y) + 16), 4, x, y
                End If
            End If

```
I kinda butchered the standard rendering code from above. The issue is, it gets to the bolded IF and the RenderState always = 0 instead of 1.
**If Autotile(x, y).Layer(i).renderState = RENDER_STATE_NORMAL Then**

• 4 weeks later...
On ur issue of needing to delete all of your maps… its REALLY simple and in the past i was angry when i found out how simple it was and people made it out to be confusing and hard...

Anyway There is a save map and load map sub...

Whatever changes you are making make sure they appear in the SAVE map

and not the load map sub...

then run your server... it will convert all the maps for you... then after all ur maps are

saved, go back in the source and make the same change to the LOAD map.

Now it will function properly and all your maps are converted.

![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) happy playin

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...