• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mortal:

> Just uncheck the MISSING:…. thing then it will work :D
>
> Item Description is not showing correctly :(

why not?…maybe the image of the item description that you have is the old one (the original), look for the source tutorial of the modified item description for the original source code and the image (i think in the actual versions the image is the modified)

So just out of curiosity do you plan on converting this to DX8 at all? Oh, and are you planning on adding in the new event system features like NPC spawning and other things that don't require DX8(if you're not planning on upgrading)?

ok, good news, i'll upload a new Dragon Eclipse Based on Nightly Eclipse (Directx8) when i finish with some source tutorials…now the game have the resolution changer option, projectiles, Quest System, set acces from server, change MOTD from server, send item from server and a few more things (and ofc all the jcsnider Nightly Updates). I'll add all the features i can, but not all of them.

Note: This version (Dx8 version) isn't for download now.

If you are going to do that then I would highly recommend waiting until jcsnider releases the official version so there aren't so many bugs, that is of course, unless you plan on adding in bug fixes with it. Also, please leave the quest system out unless you somehow make it work with the event system. I ask this because I think it would look silly to have some quests show up in a quest log and some not. If I were you I would just add things like a pet system, projectile weapons, NPC spells, multiple drop chances, and maybe Scotts guild system. These features , in my opinion, are in most ORPG's/MMO's and can definitely help a game be more entertaining. Basically what I'm saying is if it can be done with the event system(quests, doors, signs, etc..) then there is no need to re-add it again.

thanks for the advices, but don't worry, i'm waiting for the official relase ;) now i'm testing some source tutorials, editing the source to fit with the nightly engine and checking if they work good so i can add them to the official version of Dx8

it's possible, but i wont make a new tutorial from zero, just transforming the tutorials of EO 2.0 to EO 3.0 (isn't very difficult, you need to change a few lines and should work fine, so anyone who knows a little of vb can transform the tutorials ;))

Hello, yes, the GUI looks nice and everything, but I'm wondering how to use the pet system? I see a Companion Button when I click follow, nothing shows, but in the minimap, a grey figure appeared… And also how do you use the "Summon" in the item editor? I tried making one and I can't use it... Another one is how do I make a pet? If these questions are answered, I would really appreciate it... Thank you.

@IAmMe:

> Hello, yes, the GUI looks nice and everything, but I'm wondering how to use the pet system? I see a Companion Button when I click follow, nothing shows, but in the minimap, a grey figure appeared… And also how do you use the "Summon" in the item editor? I tried making one and I can't use it... Another one is how do I make a pet? If these questions are answered, I would really appreciate it... Thank you.

for the pet system you need to create an item (item type: summon), then you need to create an NPC in the SAME item number on the list. Example: I create a summoning item and that item is the 5th item in the list, so if i want to summon a Legendary Dragon i need to create that NPC in the 5th place of the NPC list.

> How to use:
>
> Make a summon item, set your requirements, and SAVE! Now remember what number that item is.
>
> Next, make a NPC *ON THE SAME NUMBER* as the summon item
>
> Now summon, and the rest of the controls are the same.
>
> you now have an advanced summoning system, and ability to make an entire Tamer Class.