Find results in...

Dragon Eclipse 2.0

Draco.exe

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@marlongb:

> But if you type "/ help" error appears.

In modConstants (server and client must be the same) find: ' text color constants
and replace all the "capri" with any other color like cyan, white, blue, green, red, etc. (you can change for any other color excepting goldenyellow and capri i think)

i tried to add that color to the help command, but when i changed the help color to other worked again.
**UPDATE:

I uploaded the second relase of Dragon Eclipse 2.0\. This one have a few more features like Pets. This is probably the last relase of the engine, so you need to add the others features by yourself. I think this version is more stable than the others, and with the features you can create a good MMORPG.

The download link and new features are in the first message of the thread**

@Jumpahead:

> Another bug which will stop me making an MORPG.
> Picture explains the problem.

well, that's because you're using an old image of Item Description. You need to use this one:

> ![](http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8382/descriptionitem.jpg)

–-------------

@DarkBeast:

> I don't want to complain cause I would have never done something like this for the community but this is way to buggy.1) When I make a event it says runtime or also when I make a shop it won't take money when the players purchase items please fix this.

which engine are you using? v1.1 (Dx7) or 2.0 (Dx8)?
**PS: the 1.1 version won't have new updates or fixes because now i'm working on version 2.0 wich is based on nightly eclipse.**

an easy way to check which version are you using: the dx7 uses .bmp images (for characters, items, etc.) and the dx8 uses .png images…if you're using the dx7 version, i'm sorry but i said that version is unsupported and i won't create new updates or fixes to that version because i created a new version based on Nightly Eclipse. If you liked the older version, you can download the Original Event System of jcsnider, and then start adding all the stuff you want. It's not very difficult to add the source tutorials in VB ;)

I keep on getting this line of error in the client when I run it in the IDE
Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_MIXED_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)
I have the new Dragon Eclipse

@Jumpahead:

> Another 2 bugs to report.
>
> 1.I can walk through events even although I have not selected Walk through.
> 2.When I enter a new area it says Subscript out of Range.

which version are you using? (if you're using v1.1 i won't help you because that's an old version…sorry)

1) i didn't touched the event system
2) i have no errors when wharping to other area…i had a bug about that when i didn't finished an event. If you can post the highlighted line when you have this error in vb maybe i can help and check the error.

@Jumpahead:

> Another 2 bugs to report.
>
> 1.I can walk through events even although I have not selected Walk through.
> 2.When I enter a new area it says Subscript out of Range.

Me too, i can walk through events :S
how i can fix it D:?

Hello, I've been checking out Dragon Eclipse for a while now and think it's a very useful tool! I love the most recent 2.0 release, but there was a specific bug in both versions I really was hoping would get fixed. I know you said you didn't have this error, but when warping around the maps, I get: "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range". I've tried this with events, no events, no attributes on the map, Moral on Safe Zone and normal, teleporting through warps, events, Admin map sets, everything. It shuts down the whole server, so if any player does it, everything shuts down. It makes the game unplayable, which is a real shame, because I would love to make a project on this. Please, if you can just fix this one bug, I'll give adding the NPC Spells a shot, along with the buffs and debuffs from version 1\. Thank you for your time :D.

Another bug, by the way, events are a bit weird. If you start an event with a conditional branch, then have stuff after the branch ends, it loops it over and over again. Overall, fantastic job with the whole project. I can deal with a few event errors, but getting a fix for the map shifting would make it playable. Again, thank you :)! (First post on here, very nice to meet you all ^^.)