Find results in...

Crawle - The Sandbox Survival Dungeon Crawler

Relly

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Meteor:

> Kind of ducking obvious to me that it is made with Eclipse.

http://www.downloads.sleepystudios.com/archiveclub/ac_crawle007.rar

> This is one of the first versions of Crawle. And its got quite the history. Crawle (back then, "P16" or "Project 16x16") started as a project between me and Relly. _Since then (around August) we've been almost constantly working on it._

There's some source code from August (2011). That was way before Eclipse even started bringing out any sort of DirectX8 engines or edits.

I'm sorry to hear you think that. Though I don't know much about all this being a pixel artist, I personally watched Sekaru work on this game. No one seemed bothered by it except you, Meteor Rain.

You're welcome to come have a chat with us, though.

I love games like this, and most, if not all of these concepts grab my attention. I'll definitely put in some time to try it out soon.
@Meteor:

> 2\. Looks like a cheap ripoff of haven and hearth.

What. The only thing they truly share is the survival-esque genre, H&H really can't be claimed to be the source of that. :confused:

@Ali3n5:

> ![](http://baconandbrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/terraria-ffvi.jpg)
>
> Just like how Terraria copied Final Fantasy's graphics, right?

If something have pixelated graphics it autommatically means that it copied final fantasy you mean? Strange idea bro. I personally like Crawle for its old school graphics and unique and realistic play style

No I mean he's saying that Crawle tried to copy HnH's graphics and I was giving him a popular example where people think that one game copied the other's graphics when in fact they were simply inspired by them.

@Ali3n5:

> No I mean he's saying that Crawle tried to copy HnH's graphics and I was giving him a popular example where people think that one game copied the other's graphics when in fact they were simply inspired by them.

Or just tried to simply make old-school game :P I like old-school games :cheesy:

The first nightly release is out and ready for testing!
Try it out here: http://sleepystudios.com/showthread.php?tid=510&pid=2266#pid2266

Remember to let us know about any bugs you may encounter.

Oh yeah, there's crude multiplayer in this release for you to try out.