Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tiles - Basic Pixel Art

Zetasis

So I've gotten an urge to make a game with with a very basic retro pixel art style. Right now I'm just trying to get some terrain tiles done. The story of the game takes place on a mysterious island so eventually the tiles will have more of a jungle like feel to them. I just wanted to show them off and get some feed back.

[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/fc3a5860e49a4c5de63f4c09d31afdfd.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#fc3a5860e49a4c5de63f4c09d31afdfd.png)

Tiles aren't green enough for a jungle feel, they need less red. I love the cliffs, though Jungles seldom have dirt cliffs because they erode them so quickly and plants grow there, but I guess that's kind of nitpicky. I don't understand what the darker green star like shapes are. Trees need some more leaf structure, not just like an upside down triangle.

Good start, keep working.

@Kreator:

> The other 'close' green tiles on the ground layer are both a bad  color choice, and also the shape of it is unappealing. Also your main sprites head appears too short, and the black outlines are inconsistent with the rest of the map.

Well let me start off by saying that I am honored that you even posted in this thread Kreator. You are a great pixel artist. Anyways, the dark green colored "star" shaped thing is supposed to be thicker grass. I know the shape is awful and I plan on redoing it. As for the sprite, the head is small because I haven't given the guy hair yet lol. Oh and the black out line isn't permanent. I made the sprite for another set of tiles I was going to use and just wanted to see how the guy would fit with the style.