Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[WIP] Mavra ORPG

Socuine

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The graphics are definitely amazing to start off. I like the name choice for the project too, named after the poems/oprah?

Do you have any story ideas in mind yet? Because the name definitely inspires a musically based game to me. Very interested  ;)

- Jake

@-Jake-:

> The graphics are definitely amazing to start off. I like the name choice for the project too, named after the poems/oprah?
>
> Do you have any story ideas in mind yet? Because the name definitely inspires a musically based game to me. Very interested  ;)
>
> - Jake

Thanks! Nook really did a good job on those tiles, I really like them alot. Aeroplane has 'invented' the name, not sure where it originates from, but I like it as well. :)

My primary language is not English, so I will have trouble writing a decent story that fits the name 'Mavra'- I know how it looks in my head, but I'll probably need someone to translate that for me, haha.

haha yea, after a google search, it's the name of a series of poems and an oprah in the 1930's.

As for writing, I think I'd be willing to help out. I'm a writer, and if I like your ideas, I think I'd try my hand at writing for this project a bit. ;)

@-Jake-:

> haha yea, after a google search, it's the name of a series of poems and an oprah in the 1930's.
>
> As for writing, I think I'd be willing to help out. I'm a writer, and if I like your ideas, I think I'd try my hand at writing for this project a bit. ;)

I might take you up on that offer, Jake. I appreciate your interest.

@Agoraphobic:

> Looks very nice, will definitely be watching the progress on this one.

Thanks Agoraphobic! :)

@Lumiere:

> Beautiful graphics :D

I agree, they are gorgeous!

@JeffSventora:

> Looks awesome so far guys. If you need any programming help feel free to ask, good luck!

Thanks Jeff, if we need an extra pair of hands we'll be sure to grasp with whatever we can reach, thanks!

@‭‭‭Marshy:

> Looks sweet, i also demand bigger screenshots.

Thanks Marshy Dearest. I'll look into bigger screenshots.

@LegendWeaver:

> I have a feeling this is going to be really good. Looking forward to more updates.

I can honestly say that I share that feeling. :)

I have modified the first post guys!

**A few things are added:** Features, Endorsements and the License.

Best regards,
Socuine

@Captain:

> They look very sexy indeed.

Agreed, they surely do!

| **16-08-2012 Update:** Let's enter this Cave! |

A new tileset has been created, this time featuring a Cave! Several things can be indentified:

* Mushrooms
* Spider web
* Water
* Pillars

![](http://burstingforce.com/project/socuine/mock-up/16-08-2012-mock-cave.png)

Check the first post for a modified look, featuring styled tables!

Are you sure you want to set 1280 × 720 as a minimum resolution? 2D games are often played by people with awful computers or old hardware, so your safest bet would be to start at 800 x 600 for the sake of compatibility and to draw the largest crowd you possibly can.

@Joyce:

> Are you sure you want to set 1280 × 720 as a minimum resolution? 2D games are often played by people with awful computers or old hardware, so your safest bet would be to start at 800 x 600 for the sake of compatibility and to fraw the largest crowd you possibly can.

I agree. Also the clifs in the cave look amazing they remind me of an old tileset i saw somewhere before.