Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[IDEA] light weight game client .png or sharecash make money

gizmo1

I plan to create a mod for the game -

you can simply plugin your sharecash account and make money instantly from players filling out surveys to earn coins while you make real money from them

Purpose:

If you want to make money from your games and players cannot afford coins, game cash or whatever currency that you're using for their account, they can alternatively complete a survey get the download link and paste it into the message request hit submit and boom they have their amount awarded and on your end you just made money off them directly into your sharecash account.

The light weight mod -

The game client will contain all .png files to replace the heavy duty .bmp files, I will create a parser program in .NET that will translate the .png to .bmp when it is needed to utilize diskspace and memory

Purpose:

For the sake of bandwidth and perhaps for diskspace, I hate to say it but I despise bitmaps, i've loaded a bitmap and png into memory granted a png is just a compressed bitmap i found out through benchmark testing that png files are loaded faster into the memory ironically.

Preview:

![](http://i46.tinypic.com/e0nyww.png)

Usage: after download and extraction open imageDecompressor.exe

I fail to see how loading BMP graphics into memory, then creating additional PNG graphics in memory - and not even for a valid reason -, and using an additional high memory usage program on top of a running game, will be lightweight, and save memory.

The only engines now that actually use BMP is EO2… and EO2 is already extremely memory efficient, and even if it takes up space, it's not a lot (ie 280 MB vs 70MB in a rar? Yes there's s noticable difference there...but who cares about MB?)

EDIT: Your poll is leading.

> I fail to see how loading BMP graphics into memory, then creating additional PNG graphics in memory - and not even for a valid reason -, and using an additional high memory usage program on top of a running game, will be lightweight, and save memory.
>
> The only engines now that actually use BMP is EO2… and EO2 is already extremely memory efficient, and even if it takes up space, it's not a lot (ie 280 MB vs 70MB in a rar? Yes there's s noticable difference there...but who cares about MB?)
>
> EDIT: Your poll is leading.

Who cares about MB? well why wait an hour before a player can play the game and be happier? also this program is for the sole purpose of saving bandwidth and speedy downloads and perhaps even saving diskspace unless you want to just unpack the files extracted(some would say this is pointless but others can agree with me)

really all this program is doing is using the System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat class and converting the file to .png, and back over to .bmp.

I'm saying that that all bitmaps will be stripped but when vb6 needs the file to run in .bmp(since dx7 does not have support for .png) than my converter will decompress back into .bmp format from .png. I do not believe you are following what I'm trying to explain, I just ran the converter and from what I see this program will make great use because the graphics directory is 80.2 MB size on disk, after the converter has been ran the directory is 7.86 MB size on disk. I fail to see why this is a bad idea.

If the player wants to unpack all of the png files to bitmaps permanently there can be that option, but if they choose to optimize diskspace than this can be done and I have a perfect idea of how this is going to work.

append the file path of the requested bitmap to a text file and after that open the converter. the converter will preform and add in a quick loop to the game client waiting for the converter to finish(I can benchmark speeds if you really think this is a bad idea because i dont), when its finished load your .bmp file

Also I should go more in depth with my sharecash, if you want to make money from your games and players fail to afford coins or cash or whatever your using for their account, they can alternatively complete a survey get the download link and paste it into the message request hit submit and boom they have their amount awarded and on your end you just made money off them directly into your sharecash account.

> I'm already annoyed by surveys, why would I give the same experience to players?

Well its your opinion, but there are people out there willing to do surveys for game points towards special items ingame that you would give to donators, for instance, I'm broke and I need another way to get 100 zeny but have to pay a $1.00 USD for it, instead I can do a sharecash download alternatively therefore I get what I want but dont have to pay for it, I just have to waste a little bit of time downloading music oasis with a sandbox tool

> My game ideas are free, so any item can be got in it for free, even special ones, but the for the special ones players got to participate in the specified events (like Christmas event)

Well thats you, I hate to break it but theres people out there that have pretty big MMO's going on derived from EO like Pokemon Cyrus for example, people like them might want a better source of income to support their game or even said their everyday standard of living and this mod just helps them that much more

> I am not sure but since and if the graphics are copyrighted this might be illegal.
>
> And why would you want give away gold to players, that would give an unfair advantage to those who can't do surveys.

I fail to see why this would be illegal? All I'm simply doing is changing the format of the file I'm not editing the files in any way.

> I fail to see why this would be illegal? All I'm simply doing is changing the format of the file I'm not editing the files in any way.

He was talking about making money from a game that uses copyrighted graphics.

> Who cares about MB? well why wait an hour before a player can play the game and be happier

Eclipse games shouldn't take that long to download.

> I fail to see why this would be illegal? All I'm simply doing is changing the format of the file I'm not editing the files in any way.

i don't think you have the rights to call us idiots. And what do I do if I want more money, but I'm to lazy to earn them? I can do only phone surveys, i pay 1 euro, for a survey that can give me only, let's say 50 gold, and I could get more by donating, so it's unfair.

and Robin left because he finished his job here, and started working hard on crystalshire.

Sorry to break it to you, but I already did the whole "Make EO 2.0 load png instead of bmp", and it was basically the only thing I did before finding that EO 3.0 existed.

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/128361-eo-20-load-from-png-instead-of-bmp/](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/128361-eo-20-load-from-png-instead-of-bmp/)

Huh, checked it, had to go through and reupload the attached files. Nevermind, don't waste your time, it's already done.

> Who cares about MB? well why wait an hour before a player can play the game and be happier?

Downloading MBs takes an hour for you?

I'm sorry to say this, but you're stuck in the late 90s.

As for the rest of your post, tldr.

He's refering to games that use trademarked graphics/concepts/music. Monetizing that is illegal.

I'm locking this topic, there's no reason for ANYONE to insult people.

This goes to OP and the posters, stop insulting one another; I'm sort of siding with OP here as he's trying to make a contribution to the community, regardless as to whether this will help you or not.

@ OP: If you want to contribute, contribute. I'd just ignore what some people around here have to say, usually someone will find your contribution useful, even if they're just reading over the code as a learning process.

Regards,

GP