Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can we improve the community?

azkanan

You know

I actually prefer Eclipse to be a mean place

I mean, even tho Gwen banned me for joking, even tho i hate her, I would rather have her be like that. I might not find it funny, but someone else might

This forum, after all, is a hobbyist forum. Not like we are ever getting serious. I like watching people troll each other, in the end if they get mad, then… they should get off the internet. Why worry so much about question on the shout box? Alot of time the shout box is quiet anyway. ANd even if someone ask a question not like u cant ignore it.

Now come to flame war, flame war to what extend? I mean if you are helping the person (maybe by insulting them) then just let you do it. Some people are ignorance as hell, and when we try to help them, they throw us off, to the point when we are pissed, why dont you go ahead and warn those people?

I remember the day when no one took Eclipse serious, I want my renzo you studmuffin back, I want Spock to mess with me, change my name to Jailbait, make fun of me, make me laugh, change some female's name to "Woman with blue eyes and big tits", and have a good time. I want Robin to see Robin talk about thing, back then about a year ago he was on the shout box, saying things like "you are young enjoy life, have sex, if you are a lesbian things are even better". Even if i dont do those things, having those thing make stuff alot less serious, and was really fun.

I guess Eclipse is being "modernize" you said, or getting strict. I mean that fine with me, but the fun will be gone. Bud said that "you can still have fun without insulting other ppl etc", but honestly, it is easier to laugh at a race traitor joke than a "why did the chicken cross the street joke"

I used to hate alot of people that i thought they are jerk, but as they got banned, i realized i actually miss them, example are Wabbit and Fuu

Welcome to the internet guy, if you get butthurt over stuff, get off.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> You know
>
> I actually prefer Eclipse to be a mean place
>
> I mean, even tho Gwen banned me for joking, even tho i hate her, I would rather have her be like that. I might not find it funny, but someone else might
>
> This forum, after all, is a hobbyist forum. Not like we are ever getting serious. I like watching people troll each other, in the end if they get mad, then… they should get off the internet. Why worry so much about question on the shout box? Alot of time the shout box is quiet anyway. ANd even if someone ask a question not like u cant ignore it.
>
> Now come to flame war, flame war to what extend? I mean if you are helping the person (maybe by insulting them) then just let you do it. Some people are ignorance as hell, and when we try to help them, they throw us off, to the point when we are pissed, why dont you go ahead and warn those people?
>
> I remember the day when no one took Eclipse serious, I want my renzo you studmuffin you studmuffin back, I want Spock to mess with me, change my name to Jailbait, make fun of me, make me laugh, change some female's name to "Woman with blue eyes and big tits", and have a good time. I want Robin to see Robin talk about thing, back then about a year ago he was on the shout box, saying things like "you are young enjoy life, have sex, if you are a lesbian things are even better". Even if i dont do those things, having those thing make stuff alot less serious, and was really fun.
>
> I guess Eclipse is being "modernize" you said, or getting strict. I mean that fine with me, but the fun will be gone. Bud said that "you can still have fun without insulting other ppl etc", but honestly, it is easier to laugh at a race traitor joke than a "why did the chicken cross the street joke"
>
> I used to hate alot of people that i thought they are jerk, but as they got banned, i realized i actually miss them, example are Wabbit and Fuu
>
> Welcome to the internet guy, if you get butthurt over stuff, get off.

People grow up and realize that ignorance and the long laundry list of other items that are inappropriate aren't acceptable on any level. Your priorities, ethics, and morals change and develop into those of a grown man or woman. I have fun by going hiking, running, working out, playing a shooter without feeling the need to cuss someone out, go on a long drive, have a drink or two with a few friends and reminisce about by-gone times; I have fun by doing the exact opposite of what you described as being fun (aside from poking jabs about someone being jailbait, I think there's a little funny in that due to it legally being matter of fact for those below the age of 18 or below 4 years younger than their partner, which all depends on the state in which you reside, yadda yadda). I'm not a complete bore; I just choose to be respectable and competent.

> You know
>
> I actually prefer Eclipse to be a mean place
>
> I mean, even tho Gwen banned me for joking, even tho i hate her, I would rather have her be like that. I might not find it funny, but someone else might
>
> This forum, after all, is a hobbyist forum. Not like we are ever getting serious. I like watching people troll each other, in the end if they get mad, then… they should get off the internet. Why worry so much about question on the shout box? Alot of time the shout box is quiet anyway. ANd even if someone ask a question not like u cant ignore it.
>
> Now come to flame war, flame war to what extend? I mean if you are helping the person (maybe by insulting them) then just let you do it. Some people are ignorance as hell, and when we try to help them, they throw us off, to the point when we are pissed, why dont you go ahead and warn those people?
>
> I remember the day when no one took Eclipse serious, I want my renzo you studmuffin back, I want Spock to mess with me, change my name to Jailbait, make fun of me, make me laugh, change some female's name to "Woman with blue eyes and big tits", and have a good time. I want Robin to see Robin talk about thing, back then about a year ago he was on the shout box, saying things like "you are young enjoy life, have sex, if you are a lesbian things are even better". Even if i dont do those things, having those thing make stuff alot less serious, and was really fun.
>
> I guess Eclipse is being "modernize" you said, or getting strict. I mean that fine with me, but the fun will be gone. Bud said that "you can still have fun without insulting other ppl etc", but honestly, it is easier to laugh at a race traitor joke than a "why did the chicken cross the street joke"
>
> I used to hate alot of people that i thought they are jerk, but as they got banned, i realized i actually miss them, example are Wabbit and Fuu
>
> Welcome to the internet guy, if you get butthurt over stuff, get off.

That wasnt being mean that was just good times from the admins. We only stopped doing all that stuff because people complained to no end about how Eclipse wast professional. Which we never wanted. The community brought that into existence. Which is ultimately what you guys want. It really is all about the mindset of the users at the time. What i want as a owner and what you guys want differs. But i accommodate to keep the majority happy.

All in all things change, and i still enjoy Eclipse. I hope you guys do as well. Which is what really matters.

> That wasnt being mean that was just good times from the admins. We only stopped doing all that stuff because people complained to no end about how Eclipse wast professional. Which we never wanted. The community brought that into existence. Which is ultimately what you guys want. It really is all about the mindset of the users at the time. What i want as a owner and what you guys want differs. But i accommodate to keep the majority happy.
>
> All in all things change, and i still enjoy Eclipse. I hope you guys do as well. Which is what really matters.

I'm going to assert that they complained because they felt violated when they asked a question they honestly did not know the answer to, or were talked down upon because that was the organizational norm at the time. I kind of got the poopy face (sad face) when you said that what you want conflicts with what the community wants. At the end of the day it's hard to have surmounting conflicts of interest and to have to give up your sense of normalcy and/or direction for the sake of others. It sucks, and I feel for ya, but you do have the final say in regards to this.

With all of us with smartphones, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a responsive design to this website? The number of times that I have wanted to go on this site while I'm away from a computer is past a joke. I don't think it will be that hard for the developer of the them to add it responsive, possibly using CSS framework like [Bootstrap](http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/).

Another idea for the site is to have a reviewing section. I know what you're think, they review them when they get release. What I mean is when a finished project comes up on here there will be a way to rate and review the game. The amount of times I have played a game and don't want to say anything about it but would happily give it 4/5 for the game. This would be a better way also to get attention to peoples games.

Well, they are a couple of ideas I've always had. Please feel free to flame me about how stupid they are lol.

I implore anyone who has a problem with me to throw on their big boy pants, add this skype (epiphanez), and converse with me directly about any issues they may have. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

You are obviously a very confused person. We have never made any of these claims you are spouting. We also are not Ambardia. Read the website name. It says Eclipse… Your spam posts were deleted. I dont even know where you are getting these ideas?

Keep this thread on-topic. We are here to talk about ways to make the Eclipse Community better. We are not here to bash each others posts or complain about something Ambardia has one as that is not part of Eclipse… It is okay to disagree with other peoples suggestions, but keep it civil.

It is very sad when we have to give out warnings in a topic about making the Eclipse Community better... That kind of proves why we need a topic like this.

Now for my suggestions:

I like the idea of some kind of reward points for people who help in the Q/A section or post new useful and working tutorials, or post new custom versions that are not all the same as every other or only using stuff from other peoples tutorials. These are the things that help the community grow. We already have warnings points to punish those who are not helpful and are hurting the community, but nothing really to show appreciation for those who help. I think adding something like new user-group and user-titles for helpers or like outstanding community members (I dunno what you would call it lol). Then people could see who is helping a lot and would give these members some recognition.

As for contests, I think any official Eclipse contest that is posted in the news section and has a reward of any kind, should all be open voting. Everyone should be able to see who voted for who like when we voted for the new Lead Developer. That way people can see if dummy accounts are being used to vote for someone and it will cut down on the amount of this being one. If you like someone and think they should win a contest, I don't see any reason why that should be hidden.