Find results in...

Post Your Desktop.

japez

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eponasoft:

> Mine's nothing special. But then again, it's a desktop, and I spend very little time at it. NSFW if you work with conservitards.
>
> [clicky](http://www.nodtveidt.net/desktop12-22-10.jpg)
>
> Yes, that's Windows XP. No, I will not upgrade. But yes, when Windows XP is no longer able to go online, I _will_ upgrade… to FreeBSD.

I noticed you got Roller coaster tycoon 2… xD

Me too xDD

@Robin:

> @Azure:
>
> > I did it to be more .hack. Normally mine is on top since I look up there 99% of the time.
>
> You don't look anywhere 99% of the time, you're blind.

Actually my monitor is the same size as yours. ;) So 1% is more like 80%

@Azure:

> I did it to be more .hack. Normally mine is on top since I look up there 99% of the time.

I can respect that.  For a long time I was semi-obsessed with the Altimit OS.  Eventually got bored with the idea when I got bored with the games.

Also, I usually would keep my taskbar at the top as well.  It's more of a linux thing in general, and it makes a certain amount of sense, but with windows 7, it simply feels as though it's crushing everything beneath of it.

Further more, I'm a huge fan of chrome, and with chrome's tabs at the top, I can zing to them as they are on the edge of the screen.  This again is countered if the task bar keeps the tabs from rubbing against the top border.

The side makes more sense because the taskbar/dock usually isn't filled with enough icons or programs to need to take up the entire bottom of the screen, giving more precious vertical space.  However, it simply looks tacky.  Maybe just because I'm used to it on the bottom.

On the bottom to me, the taskbar just feels grounded.  If you look at my ubuntu desktop however, I have no shame in keeping the dock on the side.

Again here, the left side makes more sense than the right, because most OS's keep their scroll bars on the right.  Similar to Chrome's tabs at the top, if the windows is maximized, I can wildly swing my mouse to the side and I'm on the scroll bar.

• 2 weeks later...
@Eponasoft:

> Mine's nothing special. But then again, it's a desktop, and I spend very little time at it. NSFW if you work with conservitards.
>
> [clicky](http://www.nodtveidt.net/desktop12-22-10.jpg)
>
> Yes, that's Windows XP. No, I will not upgrade. But yes, when Windows XP is no longer able to go online, I _will_ upgrade… to FreeBSD.

I suggest you get a better collection of women.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=24585.msg734555#msg734555 date=1295465781]
> Well… she isn't attractive is a good place to start. Can get better looking girls in person.. why have a lower quality girl on your monitor.
>
> Also.. losing like.. 20 pounds would be nice.

Opinions opinions opinions. Looks good to me.