Find results in...

Olympics

Kusy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Desiderium:

> The olympics never interested in me; Sports are boring.

First of all, A world without sport would be the biggest shithole ever.

If I had to choose a life of computers/gaming or sports, sports would win hands down… it just fucking rules :P

As for the opening ceremony, It was spectacular, but was a bit pointless. The opening ceremony is supposed to honour the olympics themselves, not the host country. Everything was about China and nothing else, It should have been about the sport, the medals, the torch and the history of the Olympic games.

For those of you that keep de-railing threads, your about to get warnings. It may be Chit-Chat section, but stay on the damn topic or anything related. Take this as your last warning.

I agree with Soljah, the ceremonies may be spectacular, but it's not supposed to be about the host country. We spend billions of dollars on impressing others, when it should just be about sports. I mean hey, who doesn't like the awesomeness of Chinese fireworks, but it's just getting out of hand here, getting rediculusly cartoony with the flying guy lighting the torch.

Speaking of sports, did you guys here that ballroom dancing may be a sport in the olympics this year?

Well… baseball is played mainly in USA. In europe baseball bats are more familiar with football fans - they use it a lot but they don't hit the ball.

I agree that the ceremony was only about china - but It still was a great artistic experience. Now tell me... in the beginning there were those small white glowing dots on the ground that were fast moving and formet the olympics symbol... I was thinking it was just an animation displayed on the giant tv placed on the arena but then they lifted it up and it wasn't... how the duck did they done that?

You want to know what those lights were?

Those were people banging lights specially made to be drums. I saw a youtube video before the fourth post of this thread ever happened and there was a close up of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWQLvc_flhA

@DrNova:

> China is a bad place to hold the Olympics.
> China is the opposite of everything the Olympics are supposed to represent.  They are cheapening it to use as a political tool, nothing more.
>
> Go USA!

I'm American but I'm also part Chinese, so I don't know what to make of this statement… O_O

I won't say anything about USA… lets just say I don't agree with "go USA".
And that's the problem DrNova - YOU ARE CONNECTING THE OLYMPICS WITH POLITICS... tell me - where the hell did China did anything politycall about the whole event? People are just thinking stereotypes. If your "go USA" would have to pay all the debts from China you would be in a place called "the center of economical crysis". But whatevah.

I remembered... and sorry. The Olympics tradition for the opening is to be about the country that is holding it not about the sport. Sure there can be sport accents but the whole ceremony is used to show the holder's culture. The only sport theme based opening was in Athenes but that's because the orginal olympics were held there and it's part of the country's culture.

All you chinahaters are talking nothing other than about "polytical use of the olympics" but only one spreading propaganda around here are all those "omigosh china is bad" people -_-

Hmm the Olympics, what to say? I actually don't even care about this. I was actually watching television on the day it began but I got bored because only sports were on every channel so I went playing a game on my computer which I recently bought :P.

Why I don't like the Olympics? Well, I don't like it for several reasons, at least this year. Maybe the reasons may change in the future.

- I don't like sports that much to watch television the whole day to only see the Olympics.

That's the main reason.

The next reasons have to do with China…

China is, if I'm right, a poor country, thereby poor families attempt to use this as an exit point. Nothing wrong with that. But ever saw how the trainers and the parents of those families treat they children? I saw some show on the television, with a trainer asking a child, how much did you eat? The child said one bowl of rice and then he asked how big was this bowl. I turned the television off and went to my computer it was just sad. Parents are supposed to treat their children well. Oh and the trainer smoked. What's not right here?

Next to that Beijing, China isn't Olympia, Greece or Athens, Greece or whatever city. But for that case, I have no idea what the opening should be about as I don't care about the Olympics itself.

"I bet all those people that actually went to the Olympics aren't complaining  :cheesy:"
Those who didn't go probably found it a waste of time, expensive or thought maybe another time.

Regards, Godlord.

China is communist? Change that to an attempt to be communist. All countries failed to be communist so far.

It wasn't one kid though, the intro had two little kids of probably 5-years-old or so. They were hanging on some stick or whatever, I don't know the names as I'm not a sport fan. Anyway they were hanging on the sticks with just their hands and their feet didn't hit the floor at all and they did that for probably 5 minutes, you could see them crying. There was a trainer with a cigarette who lets stand a group of children on their hands and one had to count slowly till hundred and slowly as in probably 5 till 10 seconds per incremental. When the child said 100 they all stopped and the trainer said that they should smile, because real winners smile or something similar.

Regards, Godlord.