Find results in...

Taking Wishes

Mellowz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to ask for a simple feature being added to EE3.0\. more masks, fringes, and animations. example:

O Ground
O Mask 1
  O M1 Animation 1
  O M1 Animation 2
O Mask 2
  O M2 Animation 1
  O M2 Animation 2
O Mask 3
  O M3 Animation 1
  O M3 Animation 2
O Fringe 1
  O F1 Animation 1
  O F1 Animation 2
O Fringe 2
  O F2 Animation 1
  O F2 Animation 2
O Fringe 3
  O F3 Animation 1
  O F3 Animation 2

This would allow for there to be up to 3 animations per tile.  I think that this would be very useful in some cases (maybe add even more than 3?).
Just a thought adn something i've been wanting to see in eclipse for about the past 2 years :p

I'd also like to suggest that when looking at the attributes section of the map editor that when something like mask 1 is selected, all tiles on the map that have a mask1 tile on them are highlighted or something.  I often forget which thing is what.  This would be a nice add.

I'd also like to see the ability to use the scroll piece on a mouse in the map editor's tilesheet display.  I think that it would also be nice to be able to click and drag the scroll bar in the tilesheet viewer and have the tilesheet move with the bar rather than you having to deselect it for the tilesheet to jump to that portion.

One last idea for now.  I was wondering if it would be easier to just create a DEVclient or DEVmode.  So instead of the admin or whoever having to use all of the / commands they could just type /devmode or w/e and if they have access then their client would enter DEV mode or something.  you could replace all the states with buttons to the editors or anything else that could be placed there for development purposes.  idk… just a thought.  i think that it would "clean" things up a bit and make it easier to run.  since the editors are already built into the client, i just thought that this would be a bit easier to do rather than use all those commands.  then again, idk how beneficial this would be or how long it would take to do.

just some ideas. use them if u want.  but i think that they'd all be nice adds.

thanks  :azn:

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> I love the devmode idea; that seems cool, but I should point out, that in 3.0, you can have like, over 50 layers, not sure about the animation though; I love the idea of adding more frames to the animation.

50 layers?
how does that work exactly?

and also if thats true then my highlighted idea is like…essential :p

• 2 weeks later...
idk if its been said or not ( or if it would ever happen ) but a mac version would be useful (personally i think mac can ducking burn in hell ) but some ppl i know hate windows so yeah , mac version that is compatible with the windows ( some 1 running the windows client could play the game on the mac server )

@wolfgar:

> idk if its been said or not ( or if it would ever happen ) but a mac version would be useful (personally i think mac can ducking burn in hell ) but some ppl i know hate windows so yeah , mac version that is compatible with the windows ( some 1 running the windows client could play the game on the mac server )

No worries; the new version is written in Java, and can work on Mac, Windows, Linux, and in a Web Browser.

• 3 weeks later...
@the:

> will there be a code type thign on it, kinda like the sadscript thign on EE2.7?
> or are we goign to be able to source edit it? we would probably need a compiler for it tho.

I'd recommend reading this topic: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,42428.0.html
And this topic: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,44970.0.html
(and the replies)

• 4 weeks later...
@[TNT:

> Admiral Refuge link=topic=30165.msg271117#msg271117 date=1218230253]
> Ahh!
> Level Requirement On Items!
> Some members have asked for this before. One said, "It's as easy as this, you select a level, and a player needs this level before he can use the item."
> Just like str requirement, etc, have lvl requirement for the items

that is perfect! i would love to see that in the next version.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...