Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hate to say it, But Runescape

Zarnick123

@Locke:

> First off, where in the hell did you come from old buddy(Swift)!

Reguba!! or should i say Locke! Lol, I've been without internet for over 9 months, plus i hadnt really been online much right before i lost it… I came back and I'm amazed at the progress Eclipse Evolution has made! I'm assuming that it was Scribbles / Mellowz that debugged the program and helped make it run smoother?

Anyways, for the actual topic:
Runescape has many new features and updates, along with edited / removed ones. for example, the Grand Exchange place allows people to sell their stuff while they go train, and to avoid dealing with idiots while trying to sell something. On the other hand, they have put in place a Balanced Trade feature that only allows a player to trade a difference of 3k (or more if you are a member and have more Quest Points, ie. i can trade like 15k cuz i have a ton of QU) per 15 minutes... Personally I don't really mind any of the new changes, I just play as i normally do.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Al:

> yea dont be retarded you cant beat all the quests in one day…

lol free quests maybe. but members… lol ... btw only people that played runescape before can get from lv 1 - 50 in a day... if your new and just learning how to play.... theres no way he got to lv 40-50 learned how to make at least 150k for rune armor and ect... so in other words... hes lieing..

@Al:

> yea i think members + free count as 'all quests'?

that's not the point… i was actually refering to just the free quests (since i still havent even finished all the member quests, and i love doing quests). the fact is, the requirements alone to even start Dragon Slayer, the end quest, are unachievable in a day, especially for a beginner to the game. and even if he did get the skill requirements to do Dragon Slayer, the fact is that doing all the quests takes too much time to complete, even if you are cheating and run through the entire quest without having to figure things out on your own. then there is the matter of money to pay for food and equipment while you do these quests, since many quests require food for lower levels. even sitting there scamming people into giving him money for stuff takes awhile.

therefore, the possiblity of finishing all free members quests "without playing long" as he put it, is 100% downright impossible unless he cheated - in which case makes the game suck because you dont have to figure out the fun stuff on your own.

And before he responds saying "I cheated!", I want you to prove it! tell us exactly how you cheated to get all quests finished so quickly. and a legitimate cheat method, not some shit like "i hacked jagex and gave myself 99 in every stat" or something like that.

Runescape itself is ok, lets face it, anyone who can program an MMO in JAVA deserves mad props… the bad thing about it is that it is overenforced

By this I mean, there are too many rules for the registered members, too many language filters, to many moderators watching what you are doing...its not a game if you cant have fun with it. It's also hated because of the fact there are many more better MMO's out there but people prefer to play the cheaper option. Its sort of like chipping your PS2 so you can play copied games just because theyre cheaper.

But mostly, I think it's down to the fact that we hate communities with too many people, we have less of a voice, less chance to be heard, less chance of being the "alpha male". Less chance to achieve a "virtual american dream" as it were. We all want to be really good at something, and then be admired for our achievements (the console war is just a big "ive got a bigger dick than you" contest), but runescape is so vast and full of people, it reminds us too much of working a job in real life. You dont have fun doing the same thing over and over again and only feel a sense of achievement when you go up a rank (just like in a job). Life, so it seems, sucks.

This is never a problem in mainstream MMO's because of the fact you have expansion packs and other little nigglybits to keep you interested like new races new places to explore. Whilst Runescape has this, it does it at no cost to the player. Yet again, its taking away our need to achieve something. Everybody will have the new quest, so its appeal dampens because everybody else is doing it. Remember when that ninja suit came out in Halo 3 and everyone wore it at once. All of a sudden it wasnt cool to wear it because everyone else did. Its the same basic principle. Were brought up with "your special", "theres nobody else like you in the world". As soon as we begin to lose our sense of individuality in a crtain place, we lose respect for it.

Anyway, that was just a bunch of my drunken thoughts.

Peace

Runescape is not a bad game. It is just the community that is bad. Us gamemakers can get ideas from RS.
–-------------------------
Shit! My char. got hacked, and they sold about 400k worth of stuff! At least I still have the 400k. 
Lol my character is lvl 70\. Here are his stats.

Attack-61

Strength  58
  Hitpoints  57
  Ranged  31
  Prayer  31
  Magic  49 
  Cooking  53 
  Woodcutting  50'
  Fletching  46
  Fishing  53 
  Firemaking  53 
  Crafting  44 
  Smithing  41 
  Mining  50 
  Herblore  25-ish
  Agility  31 
  Thieving  38 
  Slayer  30'
  Farming  15'
  Runecraft  9
  Hunter  20'
  Construction  41 
  Summoning  6

No, they arent.

I played wow for a good amount of time, and rarely ever saw people even close to runescape type's.

And I just logged into runescape for the fuck of it, I was seriously called a n00b in less then a minuete.  All indications point to a still shitty community full of 10-12 year olds that simply cant afford or dont have the computer for a better game.

Thank god most of them are stuck there.

@DrNova:

> No, they arent.
>
> I played wow for a good amount of time, and rarely ever saw people even close to runescape type's.
>
> And I just logged into runescape for the Duck of it, I was seriously called a n00b in less then a minuete.  All indications point to a still shitty community full of 10-12 year olds that simply cant afford or dont have the computer for a better game.
>
> Thank god most of them are stuck there.

If you go on WoW, there are 10-12 year old kid noobs, you can't say that there aren't any because there are. There are some 10-12 year olds that are too stupid to read quest directions, that ask for gold, that call you a noob for using your class abilities because they're "unfair". You can't say that there aren't any 10-12 year olds on WoW.

@Steel:

> Hey, not all 12 year olds are bad. Hell, if I didn't tell you would you think I was 12?

Oh save the bullshit. Of course not, but it's better to generalize and not get screwed. It's easier to find out the easy way (have them prove theirself and not get screwed) than the hard way (find out they aren't reliable and up getting screwed).

@danieltheslayer:

> Oh save the bullshit. Of course not, but it's better to generalize and not get screwed. It's easier to find out the easy way (have them prove theirself and not get screwed) than the hard way (find out they aren't reliable and up getting screwed).

What? You are making no sense…

Eh, ive met a bunch of 10-12 year olds on WoW. I can ussally tell, when one picks on a stronger monster then them, i go to help them, and then they leave me to die because "They don't need to help because they have a main" One girl, after i yelled at her for leaving me to die said, "DO you have any idea who your talking to? i am the great (long name here), the queen of the auction house. I don't need to help some pathetic noob like you." And don't get me started on the noobs in rs…

I didnt say there werent 12yo's on wow.  I said I never found them a comman occurance.  The usual people asking for gold and such aside, I generally had good experience when out and about.  Cities are more likely to meet idiots, but out in the wilds I usually had no problems (besides the 70's that like to kill anything they come across)