Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hosting Dedicated Servers

Spainion

This pertains to eclipse in general, as some of you may know i have started hosting dedicated servers for various clients. I will be offering dedicated servers geared towards small game servers for 14.95 a month.

**What you get:**
Remote Desktop Access to your private server
Windows XP Full Desktop
Online 24/7 (minor exception for hardware failure or extreme conditions)
50 Ports on 16mb/s for other game servers, FTP/Updater programs and other legitimate
programs.

My Personal contact Information if any problems arise.

**Server Specs:**
Dual Core 1.86Ghz Processor (Overclocked to 2.2, Shared)
480Mbs of RAM
10Gb's of HD Space

If anyone is interested, contact [email protected].

With any order, I will set up and configure your server free of charge as well as any DNS services.

**4 Available Slots**

_I apologize to any admins or mods if they consider this an AD please move it to the appropriate category, I am offering a service that could potential help the eclipse community._

That's quite the title you have given me, where should this be located?

I haven't helped develop eclipse at all for an exceptional amount of time to be honest. I have been wrapped up with college I hardly get free time to do my own stuff, but. I manged to get my hands on a few servers so I figured I would make some time and give this a fair shot.

I really should come back to eclipse soon and help out, I think I would enjoy working on the engine again.

yea. You're an amazing coder. Haven't seen you around much (or ever) on the forum. I see why now. Well, It should be located in the Looking for a Job section, but I don't see a reason to move it, reason being that hosting is one of the most sought after positions on a project.

think you should charge a little less? i mean $14 a month O.o for those systems? most of those you can get your hands on pretty cheaply if not free these days… and i think most people just pay the online fee for a small serving amount like eclipse engine you can pay very little for a cheap server that can handle it

w/e just a thought good luck with college and all man!

@glamdering:

> think you should charge a little less? i mean $14 a month O.o for those systems? most of those you can get your hands on pretty cheaply if not free these days… and i think most people just pay the online fee for a small serving amount like eclipse engine you can pay very little for a cheap server that can handle it
>
> w/e just a thought good luck with college and all man!

15 bucks a month for a dedicated computer on a 16Mb/s Line that could support way way more then what your server could ever hold, is more then generous, not to mention, your not getting just the server, you are getting 24/7 remote desktop access to do whatever you like.

You pay just under that for a piece of junk web host, this a full desktop ready to serve your needs.

Yes they run Windows XP, Licenses for anything else will cost me a lot of money. Windows XP is something like, 64mbs of ram and 800Mbs of HD space, on a 233Mhz processor. Think about the massive surplus in resources you would have.

EDIT: and even after about 6 months of services your not going to have much of a server ready, if you had been saving 15 bucks a month all that time.

6 Months, 90 Bucks
1 Year 180 bucks

You understand that the shitty case to a computer is about 50-75 dollars alone, performance ram is around 20 dollars per GB, then you have a 80-100 dollar motherboard, and the worlds shittiest hard drive for 20 bucks. and what… a single core AMD 2.2 processor for say, 80 bucks.

All and all a bucket of shit computer, without a good connection is going to cost around 280 dollars (depending how you do things) not to mention the 200 dollars a month you need to pay for good internet limitless internet.

I don't know about you, but I have 3 other clients buying full blow servers from me for 40-60 dolalrs a month, 15 dollars for a slice of the pie isn't much.

EDIT 2: Also there is no setup fees or any of that garbage, I will even make sure you get logged in and get your server working before you transfer payment.

If you find anything that is even close to that kind of a deal, show me so I can beat it.

@۩ŞṗάỈᾗἷỗהּ۩:

> 15 bucks a month for a dedicated computer on a 16Mb/s Line that could support way way more then what your server could ever hold, is more then generous, not to mention, your not getting just the server, you are getting 24/7 remote desktop access to do whatever you like.
>
> You pay just under that for a piece of junk web host, this a full desktop ready to serve your needs.
>
> Yes they run Windows XP, Licenses for anything else will cost me a lot of money. Windows XP is something like, 64mbs of ram and 800Mbs of HD space, on a 233Mhz processor. Think about the massive surplus in resources you would have.
>
> EDIT: and even after about 6 months of services your not going to have much of a server ready, if you had been saving 15 bucks a month all that time.
>
> 6 Months, 90 Bucks
> 1 Year 180 bucks
>
> You understand that the shitty case to a computer is about 50-75 dollars alone, performance ram is around 20 dollars per GB, then you have a 80-100 dollar motherboard, and the worlds shittiest hard drive for 20 bucks. and what… a single core AMD 2.2 processor for say, 80 bucks.
>
> All and all a bucket of shit computer, without a good connection is going to cost around 280 dollars (depending how you do things) not to mention the 200 dollars a month you need to pay for good internet limitless internet.
>
> I don't know about you, but I have 3 other clients buying full blow servers from me for 40-60 dolalrs a month, 15 dollars for a slice of the pie isn't much.
>
> EDIT 2: Also there is no setup fees or any of that garbage, I will even make sure you get logged in and get your server working before you transfer payment.
>
> If you find anything that is even close to that kind of a deal, show me so I can beat it.

back less than one day and you are already picking fights. :)

@۩ŞṗάỈᾗἷỗהּ۩:

> 15 bucks a month for a dedicated computer on a 16Mb/s Line that could support way way more then what your server could ever hold, is more then generous, not to mention, your not getting just the server, you are getting 24/7 remote desktop access to do whatever you like.
>
> You pay just under that for a piece of junk web host, this a full desktop ready to serve your needs.
>
> Yes they run Windows XP, Licenses for anything else will cost me a lot of money. Windows XP is something like, 64mbs of ram and 800Mbs of HD space, on a 233Mhz processor. Think about the massive surplus in resources you would have.
>
> EDIT: and even after about 6 months of services your not going to have much of a server ready, if you had been saving 15 bucks a month all that time.
>
> 6 Months, 90 Bucks
> 1 Year 180 bucks
>
> You understand that the shitty case to a computer is about 50-75 dollars alone, performance ram is around 20 dollars per GB, then you have a 80-100 dollar motherboard, and the worlds shittiest hard drive for 20 bucks. and what… a single core AMD 2.2 processor for say, 80 bucks.
>
> All and all a bucket of shit computer, without a good connection is going to cost around 280 dollars (depending how you do things) not to mention the 200 dollars a month you need to pay for good internet limitless internet.
>
> I don't know about you, but I have 3 other clients buying full blow servers from me for 40-60 dolalrs a month, 15 dollars for a slice of the pie isn't much.
>
> EDIT 2: Also there is no setup fees or any of that garbage, I will even make sure you get logged in and get your server working before you transfer payment.
>
> If you find anything that is even close to that kind of a deal, show me so I can beat it.

LOL i'm sorry a couple things

1\. 480mbs of ram is nothing

2\. 10gb of hard disk is nothing

3\. how much xp takes up depends on your service packs ect

4\. 24/7 remote access….all real servers do that not really a feature

5\. kinda funny...being ram will vary depending on type you can't put a set price but for DDR2 800 (most comen right now) its about $20 2GB

6\. WHY would you pay for a $40-$60 server if your running eclipse on it?!?

7\. Dual Core 1.86Ghz Processor isn't a very good server processor(almost all home pc's have well over 2.0GHzs and close to if not 3.0GHzs)

now with all that said about your computers

8\. those computers aren't strong enough to make the 16mb/s connection worth the money and also being you don't need that great of a connection to run eclipse

9\. only 50 Ports......i think that one explains its self

and your computer pricing is way off you can get your self

a dual core 3.0GHzs with no over clock for $80

and for $36 you can get 80gb sata2 3gbs transfer rate hard drives

and you can get pretty good cases for $50-$75 now (and if you build your own its WAY cheaper)

so if your going to tell us about this stuff try to get it right.................................

btw i think your clients just don't know what there paying for

Are you joking me? Alright smart ass.
Shitty Dedicated Servers all over 40 dollars a month:

http://www.superbhosting.net/dedicated-servers/discount-servers/services/solo.php

http://iweb.com/dedicated/server-deal-canada

http://www.ultrahosting.com/Systems-DH.aspx?ServiceID=1&PlanID=1

**Your trying to tell me 15 dollars a month with is about the same as a single webhost is a bad price?**

**50 ports, is Eh… about ehh 40-50 applications, retard.**

Is your eclipse server going to use around 10Gbs of Space? umm… Does any Game server? Duck a WoW server takes about 4Gb's. So Shut the Fvck up. I said specifically Small Game Servers.

Now onto processors (I am talking new cheap ass):
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12200BD0467&vpn=BX80570E8400&manufacture=INTEL

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12200BD0043&vpn=BX80571E7300&manufacture=INTEL

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=27784&vpn=BX80570E8400&manufacture=Intel

Those are the specs that you call 80 bucks you pile of fvcking $hit.

Onto RAM:
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=19337&vpn=OCZ2P800R22GK&manufacture=OCZ%20Technology

Now is "Performance" RAM by standard.

As I said, I am gearing those servers towards small gaming servers, meaning, it doesn't have to take 16Mbs right into the computer.

The Drives that I am using are high speed 80GB SATA Drives that I partitioned into chunks.

Now this if you find me ONE even ONE VPS for 14.95 a month with what I offered or more, go ahead and post again if not.

Get the FVCK OFF MY THREAD!

I am sick of these know it all fvcks that think they got everything down as far as computers. You know, I am in Computer programming in college and half the stupid bastards know nothing about computers and still chirp on and on. When you come up with the resources to do what I am doing, and a better price then you can talk down to me. Until then. stfu Female Dog.

@۩ŞṗάỈᾗἷỗהּ۩:

> Are you joking me? Alright smart ass.
> Shitty Dedicated Servers all over 40 dollars a month:
>
> http://www.superbhosting.net/dedicated-servers/discount-servers/services/solo.php
>
> http://iweb.com/dedicated/server-deal-canada
>
> http://www.ultrahosting.com/Systems-DH.aspx?ServiceID=1&PlanID=1
>
> **Your trying to tell me 15 dollars a month with is about the same as a single webhost is a bad price?**
>
> **50 ports, is Eh… about ehh 40-50 applications, retard.**
>
> Is your eclipse server going to use around 10Gbs of Space? umm… Does any Game server? Duck a WoW server takes about 4Gb's. So Shut the Fvck up. I said specifically Small Game Servers.
>
> Now onto processors (I am talking new cheap ass):
> http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12200BD0467&vpn=BX80570E8400&manufacture=INTEL
>
> http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12200BD0043&vpn=BX80571E7300&manufacture=INTEL
>
> http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=27784&vpn=BX80570E8400&manufacture=Intel
>
> Those are the specs that you call 80 bucks you pile of fvcking $hit.
>
> Onto RAM:
> http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=19337&vpn=OCZ2P800R22GK&manufacture=OCZ%20Technology
>
> Now is "Performance" RAM by standard.
>
> As I said, I am gearing those servers towards small gaming servers, meaning, it doesn't have to take 16Mbs right into the computer.
>
> The Drives that I am using are high speed 80GB SATA Drives that I partitioned into chunks.
>
> Now this if you find me ONE even ONE VPS for 14.95 a month with what I offered or more, go ahead and post again if not.
>
> Get the FVCK OFF MY THREAD!
>
> I am sick of these know it all fvcks that think they got everything down as far as computers. You know, I am in Computer programming in college and half the stupid bastards know nothing about computers and still chirp on and on. When you come up with the resources to do what I am doing, and a better price then you can talk down to me. Until then. stfu Female Dog.

for those prices you have to be an idiot to shop on NCIX or DIRECT every one know those are noob mistakes

50 ports…depends on what your talking about in such games as counter-strike ect you need a port per a player LOL

and the hard drive thing i never said you use crap but you were saying for $20 it would be crap showing you its not

never said some one had a cheaper price but you can fined butter for your money worth

and about the 16mbs don't advertise it as that if your computers can't handle it!

i know eclipse needs almost nothing to run thats why i said host it your self for free!

i was just stating 10gb is nothing my email holds almost 10gb lol

maybe you should know something about me before posting about saying i'm a know it all person... your in college for programming... big deal i have a official (yes registered) computer business!

maybe you should stop thinking like all the noobs to computer hardware are!

what i'm tired of is peopel who think that they are good and better then every one els at computers but in the end arn't

No it is not "Official" but yes you do get proof that the service is real and does exist before you even consider paying me. I am not running it Officially because I get taxed and my overhead goes through the roof then server prices go up, ex, ex.

There are two slots left.

I just ordered another server, will be here in about a week and I need to assemble it at which time I will have more slots.

@Gh0st:

> lol nice. I also wonder what his "official" business is because he uses Gmail email (wow that rhymes….Ducking awesome) and most "official" businesses have their own email server...cus it looks...you know....official.

hmm maybe its because i started using eclipse before i stated my business and you don't register a business email with pleasure lol get
a brain dude!

if you want proof it let me know i'm happy to provide and feel free to email me and ill reply

[email protected]

website is not up because i'm getting a new one made and switching host

@Gh0st:

> lol nice. I also wonder what his "official" business is because he uses Gmail email (wow that rhymes….Ducking awesome) and most "official" businesses have their own email server...cus it looks...you know....official.

If Anyone Really needs backing up of Spainions Services I put my Creditability on the line.  Spainion is one of most "supportive" members and has proven himself many times over.  I can say that Spainion would be about the last person to every even think about scamming you.  This is an amazing service he is providing the eclipse community and its something rare in this day and age, so enjoy it while it lasts

Great Work Spainion, if I wasn't such a cheapskate I would definatley be signing up :P

P.S. Seba = Hyperion (Just if you were wondering)

@Seba:

> If Anyone Really needs backing up of Spainions Services I put my Creditability on the line.  Spainion is one of most "supportive" members and has proven himself many times over.  I can say that Spainion would be about the last person to every even think about scamming you.  This is an amazing service he is providing the eclipse community and its something rare in this day and age, so enjoy it while it lasts
>
> Great Work Spainion, if I wasn't such a cheapskate I would definatley be signing up :P
>
> P.S. Seba = Hyperion (Just if you were wondering)

i think you might have got confused..none of that was about him scamming you with it not being official lol they were saying about my commit on having a official computer business

and besides not a BAD price just i think you would do better hosting for free your self