Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Idea for a semi-perfect game…

Hippoman789

Ok so i already wrote this last night…and its pissing me off since it was huge and i couldnt copy and paste it...well anyway ill shorten it.

Ok so its Real Life Online. In the game you start by choosing a look and a age. (ages instead of classes). Lets say your 13\. (since this is a rough draft it might change later...) Now you are a orphan and you still go to school. you can choose any decision you want. say you want to drop out, go ahead. want to run away? fine leave. You must keep watch on your hunger and body heat. If you freeze down too much you will die. And if you dont eat enough you will die. You must live your life as if it were your life. You can also join other players or NPC's families. You can get jobs of all different sorts. you have to pay taxes and events happen just like in real life. lets say you are a bank teller. and you get promoted to bank manager. then another player becomes a bank teller. you manage him. and if you just go and fire him you might even send the bank into banruptcy and it will close. you can even send out ads to other players. you have the choice to do this and that. anything you want. you can even buy a TV and watch it. You can hear about the news happing in the real world or just the game. so much happens. when your jsut sitting in your house you might just hear a noise and boom theres a tornado coming. You need to find shelter or you might die. and when you come back you might find your house in ruins. It is real life. it will be ever expanding too.  so maybe i only have half the country completed then i finish the rest later. i might also start out in the older ages of 1800 or 1900s and then we move up. i might add stuff later but i cant think of anything else right now.

----------------------------

what i want from all of you is comments. tell me how good this idea is. tell me what i can add too. tell me anything that relates to this.

yeh i know. its just an idea. i dont think i would ever pull it off unless i really ducked my life up and had nothin to do as i have nothing to do right now.

i will make that. and i will give you a picture of me with a green health bar above my head. and then i will go around fighting my cat and i will lose. it will be great!

Your idea is like something iv been toying with. But mine takes it in a bit differnt direction.
I wanted to have it so the players build the world. Make it so they start with limited pre made items and buildings. (100 or so simple items) (maby 3 towns and alot of wilderness) They would have to build world them selves. If i item they wanted did not exist they could design it and it would be implimented. It needs mroe thought and such but i always thought it would be fun.

@Keebler:

> Your idea is like something iv been toying with. But mine takes it in a bit differnt direction.
> I wanted to have it so the players build the world. Make it so they start with limited pre made items and buildings. (100 or so simple items) (maby 3 towns and alot of wilderness) They would have to build world them selves. If i item they wanted did not exist they could design it and it would be implimented. It needs mroe thought and such but i always thought it would be fun.

You could even throw in that if a player gets so rich or w/e, they are given mod access but mods can only make items or w/e

@Kreator:

> I don't think many people would want to play a game where they go to school, get a job, etc. If someone wants to play a game, they want to do something different to what they can in real life, whether it be slaying monsters, stopping crime, or taking over the world.

I disagree, many people play games like that: Sims, Fable[for the job part, but it's not really needed], etc.

Anyways, this looks interesting… o.o
Hippoman, keep the idea, it would be pretty cool.. I'd play, maybe I'll help...

@Dr.:

> yes i know it would be easy to go live ur life but what if your life sucks? then you have another life you can screw up.

That's fun, and sounds funny.  :P

@Gragulsniff!:

> I disagree, many people play games like that: Sims, Fable[for the job part, but it's not really needed], etc.

Sims you get to build a house ground up, and there's a range of events to keep it interesting, such as fires, burglery, job promotions, skills, etc. Personally though, I hate Sims. But I'm sure it would be hard to make tany sort of equivalent to it of which is online.

Fable though, how do can you compare it with this? Fable has magic, spells, a strong storyline; fighting monsters, etc- Its nothing like a 'real life online'. 0_o

@Kreator:

> Sims you get to build a house ground up, and there's a range of events to keep it interesting, such as fires, burglery, job promotions, skills, etc. Personally though, I hate Sims. But I'm sure it would be hard to make tany sort of equivalent to it of which is online.
>
> Fable though, how do can you compare it with this? Fable has magic, spells, a strong storyline; fighting monsters, etc- Its nothing like a 'real life online'. 0_o

I think he was referring to the decisions you make to decide your character's evilness or kindness. (forgot their names)

@Kreator:

> Sims you get to build a house ground up, and there's a range of events to keep it interesting, such as fires, burglery, job promotions, skills, etc. Personally though, I hate Sims. But I'm sure it would be hard to make tany sort of equivalent to it of which is online.
>
> Fable though, how do can you compare it with this? Fable has magic, spells, a strong storyline; fighting monsters, etc- Its nothing like a 'real life online'. 0_o

I hate the Sims as well.. my mom never fucking gets off it..

I only said Fable because of the working part o.o oh and because you can have a wife, but in fable 2 you can have a child too […they have.. condoms.. too]

@Dr.:

> yes i know it would be easy to go live ur life but what if your life sucks? then you have another life you can screw up.

they have it its called 2nd life

it allows people to buy areas ect and they can code/map there own areas making it what ever they want so in the end the game is built by the users…funny how they make a bunch of money of you when you are the creating the game in the end O.o lol

@Dr.:

> isnt 2nd life that game that no one plays at all…

no its is huge there are online place to exchange in game money you made for real money it may seem as there is no one plays but thats because the world on it is pretty much never ending so unless you go to a more popular place it will seem that way