Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sprite help!

Makendo

Excellent answer Riddler!

I would only add one thing, that is make sure there are no  "off black" (almost black)  areas on your sprites sheet, because these will show up as annoying spots, or lines in your game.

I sometimes check an area of my sprites sheets by blocking it off and turning it red, or purple, or some weird color, just to make sure that the WHOLE area is completely black. The "un black" areas will be sharply contrasted this way. If its OK, I simply "undo" it,  if its not ok, I simply undo and take further action, being careful not to damage my sprites in the process.  Sometimes it is simply a "line"  of slightly off black where I pasted a custom sprite.  Other times it is a series of "spots"  that are near the sprites, I simply make sure to "erase" these by painting over them with pure 100% black ( my transparent color)

@Kreator:

> Although his diagram was hypocritical. Anybody else notice that since he uploaded it in JPG, that the black color was ruined, and therefore, if used it would still have the same issue? The black throughout the background is minutely different shades.

Oh my gosh I didnt notice it!

Yes of course  the graphics sheets for  ALL the files in your GFX filder must be  bmp  files.

If you convert it to jpg it completely messes it up with off black splotches everywhere, so…

keep it  bmp

(Good catch Kreator)

@Kreator:

> Although his diagram was hypocritical. Anybody else notice that since he uploaded it in JPG, that the black color was ruined, and therefore, if used it would still have the same issue? The black throughout the background is minutely different shades.

It was a simple diagram. So what,  I saved it in JPEG. If you know anything about computers, you would realize in an instant wether something was JPEG or BMP. Anyway, it was a simple accident, I was trying to hurry so that I could answer other questions. No need to make a big fuss about it. If you reply to this post, please don't flame, because we have no need to spam this topic with pages of flame wars.

@The:

> It was a simple diagram. So what,  I saved it in JPEG.

JPEG doesn't make it any simplier. It just makes it worse quality.

> If you know anything about computers, you would realize in an instant wether something was JPEG or BMP.

And I did notice it was JPEG. That's what this is all about.

> No need to make a big fuss about it. If you reply to this post, please don't flame, because we have no need to spam this topic with pages of flame wars.

Chill, I just pointed something out, no need to get so defensive and upset. Your very sensitive I must say. 10 years old perhaps?

> JPEG doesn't make it any simplier. It just makes it worse quality.

As stated before, it was an accident.

> And I did notice it was JPEG. That's what this is all about.

I used the word "you" as a generalization. I actually meant everyone looking at the diagram. Haruhito was mainly what I was directing that at though.

> Chill, I just pointed something out, no need to get so defensive and upset. Your very sensitive I must say. 10 years old perhaps?

I really didn't mean to be so sensitive, if I was, I apologize. I just want to have a good reputation, and people pointing out wrongly saved diagrams of mine won't help. By the way, please don't flamebait.