Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lostica [Project Revamp]

mrmiguu

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> [ATTENTION]
> Minilinkki whipped up a brand new anime/chibi lookin sprite, I love it so tell us what you guys think…
> ![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/lostica_new_mrmiguu.png).

That is possibly the most ugliest sprite I have seen in a long time. I won't go into depth about what is wrong with it, because everything is wrong with it. Just looking at it makes me sick. Sorry to be so blunt and unconstructive, but I really hope you don't actually use it…

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kreator:

> That is possibly the most ugliest sprite I have seen in a long time. I won't go into depth about what is wrong with it, because everything is wrong with it. Just looking at it makes me sick. Sorry to be so blunt and unconstructive, but I really hope you don't actually use it…

Lol, it's a shame you don't like it because I am most likely using it (you can PM me the details of whats wrong with it), but most people like it. I know I should take your word on it but I think i'll wing it. Thanks for the comment ;)

Well I'll try and convince you otherwise! I'll name 10 things wrong with it-
1\. Anatomy is way off, a little too much even for a comic-anime sprite.
2\. Too linear, note how straight the legs and torso are.
3\. Looks like he is wearing massive goggles.
4\. His expression on his face is like some girl just flashed out her jugs in front of him.
5\. No detail
6\. Features such as chest, abs, muscles, limbs are non-existant.
7\. Light source isn't very existant. I assume its directly overheard, but there's no shadow under the hair and such to really confirm this.
8\. No depth
9\. No softening of outlines
10\. Eyes are massive and are like WOAH WTF!!!!

Overall = absolutely horrible!!!! >.<

@Kreator:

> Well I'll try and convince you otherwise! I'll name 10 things wrong with it-
> 1\. Anatomy is way off, a little too much even for a comic-anime sprite.
> 2\. Too linear, note how straight the legs and torso are.
> 3\. Looks like he is wearing massive goggles.
> 4\. His expression on his face is like some girl just flashed out her jugs in front of him.
> 5\. No detail
> 6\. Features such as chest, abs, muscles, limbs are non-existant.
> 7\. Light source isn't very existant. I assume its directly overheard, but there's no shadow under the hair and such to really confirm this.
> 8\. No depth
> 9\. No softening of outlines
> 10\. Eyes are massive and are like WOAH WTF!!!!
>
> Overall = absolutely horrible!!!! >.<

Look I realize you don't like it and it's not perfect, but thats how some chibi sprites look. I know you don't dig it but not much I can do about it since you're such a "godly" pixel artist, I see what you mean but it's more of a personal preference. Everyone will most likely back you up because they've seen your work and take your word on it, I respect that. But I on the other hand don't see much wrong with this sprite, I consider myself a true anime fan and I love everything chibi in the world, so i think I would know this type of style if anyone would. This I can comment on would be the eyes should be fixed a tad, and the smirk wiped off his face, other than that I think it's very basic and simple to paperdoll for, I like it because it allows a lot of space for clothing detail and it won't suppress young children due to the missing genitals (xD).

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> but thats how some chibi sprites look

As a sprite artist, I both understand and appreciate a variety of different spriting styles. Notice that my feedback earlier (the 10 things wrong with it), was not criticizing the style, but instead the techniques, shading, detail, etc. I will gladly compare the sprite with several other chibi sprites, in comparison to those 10 points. In fact, even the outline/shape of your sprite is hardly chibi-like.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> on the other hand don't see much wrong with this sprite

Want me to name another 10?

@Teh:

> That's harsh.

I know, sometimes I almost feel inclined not to be a moderator due to having to obviously be a lot more constructive and kind when voicing my opinion. However, i know I'd kick myself if I gave the role up, as issues would arise when I'd be like. "I need mah warning flail!"

@Lenton:

> The first sprite you done Miguu was the best in my opinion, not sure why you wanted to change the style.

Agreed

@Minilinkki:

> kkreskerot

How could you get that out of Kreator… -_-'

Well, Minilinkki, I see you're trying.  I pmed you about some stuff.  I'll talk to you more about it over MSN.

Kreator is right by the way, Maplestory doesn't show muscle though, but, it isn't meant to, it's a kid's game, not a buff 20 something year old man's game[xD], I've seen games that show muscle detail/abs detail/pecs detail. [LaTale, I'm pretty sure shows some detail.]

@Thor!:

> [LaTale, I'm pretty sure shows some detail.]

LaTale has no details, just checked.

Also, here's faces that Kreator did… -.-'
![](http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2788/face2xj0.png)
I modded the one with a red rectangle around it
Did the first one

Because, we're all just here to help.

Eclipse forums were made for help, not for mindless chit chat and flaming, why else would Marsh keep registration open? Because he cares about the new users, and those in need of help.

@Teh:

> LaTale has no details, just checked.

Aah, well I thought it did. :P