Find results in...

Big city…

mrmiguu

@The:

> Nice GFX! ^^
>
> Wow. Something just struck me. Your doing a platformer with _Eclipse???_
>
> My opinion of you just went _WAY_ up! =)

Oh wow, thanks. By the way if you have any comments to make on the GFX, please do so because I need all the help I can get.

@ > ok comment… this will sound stupid but being able to look right through the houses makes them look too flat... but i have no ideas on how to fix it so my comment is to leave it as is (waist of post)

No, no. I see what you mean. I'll make the windows have a pane, thanks for the comment ;)

@The:

> About the windows, that's exactly what I was about to say. XD
>
> Other than that, I looks great. Keep up the good work, I'll keep an eye on your project! ^^

I plan on having an Open Alpha Test soon [don't count on it though ;)] So do keep a look out ;)

-Windows are quite small compared to doors.
-Buildings and trees are quite small compared to the character (but I can understand if it's that way intentionally).
-The upper level is just hanging in the air - I would add something in the background there making it some kind of a tunel (the area under it).
-Maybee adding some details to the lower part? Adding some pipes, sewers exits in the area where players can't reach just for filling the gray space. Also it would look cool if there would be some pipes comming from the lower part of the map on the fringle so players would have the impression there are objects between playable area and the screan. You could do that with lanterns, trees, bushes and stuff like that.
-Also adding some detail to the buildings would be great.
-If you are living in a city - look thru your window. There are tons of things you see on the streats but you don't even notice them - like trash cans, streat ligts, kiosks, billboards, advertisements and other stuff like that. They are totaly unimportant but when you place them it feels more like a city.

Overall - nice work.
7/10

About the freestanding second level: That's the whole classy look of platformers! ^^

About the "add more details to the lower section" part: That's a good idea, though. More details would fill the otherwise disturbing void. =)

@ > looks good (like the cat but it seems a bit rounded…) still the same window problem

Um thats so you can see the player, thats the elevator system. Heres the buildings with the window fix as well as I fixed some pillow shading and added a fence (I plan on fixing the base tile's later)
![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/projectss2_leak7.png)

Much improved!!!
I really like the fences and LOVE the brick walkway.
Heres some of my suggestions:
(sorry if I repeat someone elses!)
-Bushes
-Trashcans (or recycling bins! Go GREEN!)
-Houses all different colors
-Benches (people can sit or climb on them?)
-Make a shopping place next to the area with houses
-Gates for the fences
-Some birds on the fences perhaps? or squirells
-Allow players to go into the buildings (I always love doing that even if it is pointless)
-Make more use of the upper level. Make those houses have more stories.
-Dog house next to one of the houses
-street signs
-Garages for some
-Chimneys (with smoke?)
-fruit in trees
-Bird nests

…............
..... I could keep going if you'd like?
lolz