Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3D animation program?

Techno 5.0

Blender, it can do everything you want to. Everyone talking about how it doesn't meet professional needs. Well its a good thing your not a professional modeler working for a huge company. It can do everything you need it to. Also has a built in game engine that's pretty fun.

@Marsh:

> Blender, it can do everything you want to. Everyone talking about how it doesn't meet professional needs. Well its a good thing your not a professional modeler working for a huge company. It can do everything you need it to. Also has a built in game engine that's pretty fun.

I concur, its not only free but its open source. It's a little bit of a learning curve if you have never rigged or animated models from scratch but there is alot of great tutorials out there and youtube video tutorials too, i find they're the best to learn off - only way i figured out how to use zbrush without a manual! (cept zbrush cost me half an arm and a leg)
p.s max, Wings3d is horrible.

@DezireSoftware:

> 3DSMax and Maya PWNAGE

Maya is such pwnage I named one of my daughters after it, no joke.  :cheesy:

Ive tried quite a few now, Lightwave 7.0, Maya 7, 3dsmax2.5 to v5, poser, zbrush - theyre all pretty good.

For anyone that really wants a sandbox interface, you cant go past Poser or  Bryce. The companies who made them have been bought out a dozen times, i think its either corel who owns them now, or metacreations .. i cant keep up with them.

Check out the making of Spore and what they did with Maya, its mindblowing.

@Ninja-Tech:

> lol daayuuum
> ill find the money ;)

The course to learn how to use it properly is $17,000, thats what im currently saving up for - youve seen what its capable of… Star Wars, Lord of the Rings... (mind you they pretty much customise every program they use) but still..

lol there is a default brush in it.. its a Meat brush... haha you can paint a steak in about 5 seconds, and its a 3D model...

@Ninja-Tech:

> lol
> the college i want to go to provides courses in Maya :D
> i want something easy to understand tho lol but still looks good

College, well University wont accept me, not with a murder conviction, lol jk - they never proved it…

Yeah i wish i was back at school and had that opportunity, it didnt even exist when i was there.

@Devogen:

> College, well University wont accept me, not with a murder conviction, lol jk - they never proved it…
>
> Yeah i wish i was back at school and had that opportunity, it didnt even exist when i was there.

We've discussed that in vent and have concur Bob had what was comming to him. That kangoroo should've never crossed the road.

@Devownd:

> We've discussed that in vent and have concur Bob had what was comming to him. That kangoroo should've never crossed the road.

Its Kangaroo, and yeah he decided to run in front of my commodore when I was doing 140kmh an hour, so I say it was self defence. Bastard wrote off my ute.

On Topic:
Anyone played with Lightwave much? im trying to do a couple of things i cant find tutorials on.

@azkanan:

> Maya 8.5 :).
>
> Something I did with it:
>
> ![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/azkanan/flamecup5.jpg)

Ouch thats pretty damn horrible for maya 8.5… really man...  :huh:

actually can you show me a screenshot of that IN maya 8.5 the bare mesh please? because I have Maya 7.0 and the render engine is not that crap