Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PvE vs. PvP

Fruitpunch

In general, or for Eclipse games?

In general I think PvP adds a great aspect and dimension to multiplayer games, but unfortunately it never works too well. For Eclipse games, PvP is a mistake because you will never have the player populations to properly support full PvP systems, unfortunately.

So PvE for the general construct of the game design, with PvP placed as an extra optional activity, is the ideal.

@[SB:

> Fruitpunch link=topic=38178.msg365492#msg365492 date=1234110390]
> I was in a 300 vs. 300 in Warhammer Online once. Kinda laggy but extremely fun.

taht sounds so epic

and its even more fun with voice chat and when you can make plans and the ppl ur fighting with are friends and what not

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=38178.msg366446#msg366446 date=1234200880]
> taht sounds so epic
>
> and its even more fun with voice chat and when you can make plans and the ppl ur fighting with are friends and what not

Yeah I was a Sorceror so I would just AoE like crazy and have my Zealot friend heal me.

@Anna:

> In general, or for Eclipse games?
>
> In general I think PvP adds a great aspect and dimension to multiplayer games, but unfortunately it never works too well. For Eclipse games, PvP is a mistake because you will never have the player populations to properly support full PvP systems, unfortunately.
>
> So PvE for the general construct of the game design, with PvP placed as an extra optional activity, is the ideal.

Depends if you add an Arena event + a leaderboard…

Or if the game relies heavily on Roleplay (Bandits attacking a merchant?)

• 2 weeks later...
I hate playing PvE alone since it is just you against some random bots from the game while when I play PvP alone I know that I just owned another player instead.

So PvE shall be very balanced and require teamwork for my liking.
PvP shall be very, VERY balanced and make teamwork the best option.

Also all up to date MMORPGs FAIL! The End!

• 1 month later...
PVP ftw.

Its so much more fun.
Because you get to know your like…not going up against a computer? haha.
Its so much more satisfying.

The problem with only PVP allot of games now days you don't get exp from PVP that and you cant really PVP at level one you have to get to well in most games anyways you have to get to level 30+ in many games I mean some you can PVP at level one but you will get owned that is why and there are many things you can do in PVE that you cant in PVP and vise versa. One of them in PVE is the fact that you have bosses you have massive amounts of monsters you can join a party and cauase more damage to a lower skill level of enemy if you think about it party PVE is kinda like Co-Op mode one of the must haves for me at least in PVP is to have a number of different modes say Race Vs Race FFA Guild Wars(Not Meaning The Game) etc etc. Basically my point is to most PVP and PVE need to be balanced if not equal to one another oh and considering most of you prefer PVP over PVE why doesnt everyone here just play something a MMO perhaps like Runes of Magic or Chronicles of SpellBorn or even SilkRoad and Voyage Century see who is really good a PVP and or PVE.
and my last point is that some games have bad PVP and PVE some have good so you cant really compare a feature like that without a spusific game becouse who knows most people will probably not be thinking of the same games. And yes the basics of MMORPGs are pretty much the same but its the fine lines that determine who likes what and which is better then the other.