Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you want this board to be gone as well?

Anna Comnena

**EDIT: The http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,5.0.html is back; but PLEASE do not post recruitment topics in this board!  If you want to recruit for your game, check this thread for people that are offering their services; if you can't find any, read the topic: "http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,2227.0.html" and make a new thread in the http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,5.0.html**

The Recruitment Center board has been removed because a majority of members could not read the rules, or refused to follow them.

This board, "Need a Job?" Is NOT the same. Nor is it a place to ask for help for your game. This board is for people with skills and talents to offer their services to other projects. These are very important people, as a place with game project ideas and no skilled content creators would make a very poor game development community.

So stop spamming this board asking for help with your project. Do some work yourself, get a project going, build a W.I.P. topic, and make a notice there that you are looking for help. People interested in your game will offer to help; spamming requests for help does nothing but annoy people.

Please, be patient with your game, and try to do as much work on it by yourself as you can. Too many new members come in, and the first day with the program start asking people to work on their game with them. Why should they? What makes your game any better than the hundreds of games that fail every few months? Put some effort and show you care, and people will take notice.

It's hard, I know, but it's worth the effort, and it's still easier than coding your own engine from scratch, plus creating your own graphics. Eclipse is a very easy and versatile engine to use, so play with it for awhile first!

So please, NO RECRUITMENT THREADS IN THIS BOARD. They will be locked and removed without warning from now on. This board is to offer your skills or services to other members, like scripting, graphic art, webhosting services, etc. _Do not ask for help in this board!_

I think bringing back the recruitment thread can do some good, but I know why it was locked and for a good reason. People were using it as a WIP section and it was overall turning into a general forum. I think bringing it back will do good as long as people dont make showoffs and WIPs in it

Need a job is becoming a similiar circumstance, not to mention people are misinterpreting it as a recruitment center, I think it'd benefit from a name change

@Keebler:

> Also the recruitment center should maby be brought back as not a recruitment center for games already formed. But if peopel are interested in getting a team together to make one.

Agreed.
Although, I think a better name would be: Want to join a project?

@Keebler:

> Ya but if all the noobs go away who will be here to fill the void in the eclipse community when all the other people leave.

If the noobs learn how to 1\. Use propper grammar
2\. Do not post random stuff
3\. DO NOT SCAM! (Yeah you, LilCheatah)
4\. Do not act stupid

Then why are they called noobs? They're just people that still need to learn, or they just suck :P

@[EU:

> [SB] LilCheatah link=topic=38612.msg372913#msg372913 date=1234720229]
> Yeah, Anasky then you go :) haha was kidding ;)

Grr…@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=38612.msg372914#msg372914 date=1234720302]
> depends on how old the noobs are

Which one do you prefer? A 25-year old noob that has never used a computer
Or a 12-year old that doesn't want to obey?

Nice thread mistress

I'm going to start giving people a 1-day mute for posting threads that do not belong here (if they read the stickies, they would read what I'm saying, and they won't get a 1-day mute)

@Keebler:

> Well we call them noobs because noob is a term that means new.

You're referring to "newbs"
A newb is someone who is new, but a noob is completely different.

EDIT: Crap, 0racle beat me to it, as usual

• 2 weeks later...
Leniency for what?
It's very simple, you read and think before posting, you won't break any rules or get warned. That's all. Might not seem like much to new members, but you might make a wrong post here and there, or ask questions that have been asked before, ok it's not a problem, is it? But a day later, or week, or month, others will have made the same little innocent mistake you have made.

Most people won't see them because they are here a few weeks then bail, but those little innocent mistakes add up, and really mess up the forum.

But this thread doesn't matter now, Recruitment Center forum is back, use that as usual. I'm not even going to moderate it anymore, I had enough of it before it was closed last month, if other moderators want to good luck to you.