Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Programming contest!! of 2013!

Link

This year is getting closer and closer to its end, but before that happens, I think it's about time we had another programming contest and an official one at that, in vb6!

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering who'd partake in this contest? Of course the prizes would be to die for, but that is yet to be revealed!

Express your thoughts!

It's just for fun, lol, and still you earn prizes(very good ones). Stein, what you say is true, nevertheless this forum revolves around that language so a programming contest in that language would be relevant, I'd think.

@Kibbelz GET ON SKYPE!

There's not really anything to prove, as Growlith said it's more or so for fun, and what's better fun than a little competition? Competitions in the past have always got the community going and the sparks flying in a positive way, you of all people should know that. I'd like to keep those traditions alive, if possible!

- Death

Well, I'd like the contest to remain eclipse related not to mention I don't want pre-made stuff giving people an advantage, it has to be something that has not been done already and work with any engine here, this should not be a problemmm…I believe there's a C engine, a Flash engine, a Java engine and of course the main Vb engine...that should be enough for anyone who wants to move outside of vb6 for this contest.

> it has to be something that has not been done already and work with any engine here

Well if I wrote something in the java engine it wouldn't work in any other engine on here, so that really doesn't seem to make sense to me… Also different engines may give people different advantages too if they provide better functions or more functions for doing stuff that your system may need. But it's your contest ofc.

-seal