Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gold

Officer Johnson

> Just out of curiousity, why such insane numbers?

My XtremeWorlds game had a max level of 999, so I can see why he would want a high level range. For example, if the game is designed to be fast paced and long (lots of areas), then I can see how he would need more than 255.

From a design standpoint the idea of having over 100 levels makes me want to cry myself to sleep, because imagine how many items, zones, quests and other tidbits you'd need to FILL all those levels, unless you start rewarding insane amounts of experience as well, in which case it would make more sense to squish down the levels to a more sensible amount and let them actually experience a game, rather than just throwing free levels at them for lord knows what reasons.

But that could just be me, I never really understood or liked the idea of insane level caps with barely any actual game to it.

> But that could just be me, I never really understood or liked the idea of insane level caps with barely any actual game to it.

I've seen XW games with 10,000 maps before. The people that used to play these games back in the old days, liked the long nostalgic adventures.