Find results in...

Oldies

Hippoman789

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Poor Hippo! If you only knew!

That game is awsome… yes the animated people look weird, but at the time that was some awsome gfx!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDcdcH4TY4o

The game itself is awsome... you are in control of a syndicate out to take over the world. You have to reasearch body parts and weapons to make your opretives more powerful.. you inject them with drugs to make them more powerful, faster, meaner.... You persuade citizens to be your shields, and to get new agents. I highly recomend it! If you like cyber punk feel then you MUST play syndicate, syndicate wars, and shadowrunner!

Yeah i double posted…. but this is a different subject

another great game is this [Dune II](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tppjzT-su0Q)

It has some awsome music, and i love the death screams! If you like starcraft hippo you should check out one of the first if not the first RTS game.

Nothing beats actually using the original console and controller. Unfortunately im old enough to have played all those and sadly older games when they actually came out.

But yep - they were better back then, especially when the Ultima series got better, with Serpent Isle and Ultima Underworlds.. UW II was so good for the day.

If i was going to recommend excellent abandonware it would be the following games:

1\. Starflight - preferrably on the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive
2\. Eye of the Beholder, PC. (AD&D at its finest and non-geekiest)
3\. Ultima Underworlds II, PC
4\. Blackthorne, PC (freakin awesome sidescroller action shooter)
5\. Defender of the Crown, best version on Amiga 500, WinUAE emulator

jezus.. there was so many more good ones..

I played Blackthorne on the SNES. Great game. That and The Lost Vikings are Blizzard's truly great games, unlike their overrated rip-off RTS series they are known for.

Ultima Underworld was pretty neat, but I didn't play that too much… I more remember Ultima 4 and 5 on the old Apple IIe we had. Talk about open-ended games!

dude, i have The Lost Vikings for my Snes, fucking love that game, been years since i played though

personal faves of mine were Final Fantasy for the NES, Zelda: a Link to the Past and Mega Man X for the Snes