Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oldies

Hippoman789

Well im not that old but ive played alotta the old stuff and find it to usually beat the newer stuff.

i'll probably be playing games like Morrowwind, original Super Mario Brothers, and Donkey Kong on the gameboy til i die.

anyone else play any old games you like?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dosbox is a great program can be a little tricky to find out how to use. Morrowind isn't really old. Well It's somewhat but doesn't seem like an old game.

I think everyone one will end up still playing the classics every once awhile now and then because they are the games you grown up with or they was the first ones of the series.

Elder Scrolls List : Area, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Morrowind

Daggerfall is impossible to play in dosbox. I have a retail CD of daggerfall myself.
There was a game bug in which

*Psuedocode

Can_Cast_Magic = Processor_Speed * 1

So for every say 1mhz an enemy could cast a spell…immediatley after encountering an enemy that uses magic your character would die.

Possibly. I remember having some problems running old DOS games in it, but some could work. If you could "acquire" TIE Fighter 95, you can run that no problem under Win95/98/ME, and it's a fun game.

Also you might play the original Diablo, it's pretty fun. I can't find my CD though I was thinking of playing it recently. I like the original one much better than 2, I think it was just simple and fun, Diablo 2 had a lot of unneccesary fluff (and the first game I remember playing that was over 1 gigabyte install).

Civilization 2 would work well for you too.

@Hippoman:

> lol you said Area.
>
> ive never heard of BattleSpire.

Wasn't looking xD

Battlespire isn't as known as the others however for the ones that do know. It's known for cooperative play and versus mode. It was released in 2007.