Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nin Online Recruiting

Helladen

**Introduction**

We are working on a game called [Nin Online](http://www.ninonline.org/forum/index.php?/portal/) and are looking for help. It is inspired to be a Ninja MMO with many themes from the Japanese culture - much of the game's inspiration came from Naruto. The game is in early Alpha, so there is a lot of work to do still.

We plan to do profit sharing for people that commit a lot of work. Other people should only look at this as an opportunity to gain experience in game development. You will not be paid until the game is released and even then, it is not something you should join the project for since the majority of the funding is being spent on the game directly.

We do not plan to have any type of DMCA issues with the release of our game and planning to slowly remove any copyrighted content during late Alpha phase.

* All art is custom aside from a few spell icons. We are going to remove those soon.

* Sound effects and music are being replaced soon with original material.

* Copyright infringed names used in content will be investigated with a lawyer when the time comes to validate any of the ones we are unsure of.

**Other**

There are plans to transfer the game from our current engine to Unity, and we are planning to do a Kickstarter with the old engine in order to raise funds to pay for licenses and things of that nature. There is no plan to pay people until the game is officially launched, but you may request a percentage of the studio that we are forming/profit share - based on the amount of work you commit the project will determine the percentage you will be awarded. The company is designed around self-sufficiency, where people don't need to be told what to do all the time, so be aware that we think a lot like Valve.

**Positions**

Go [here](http://www.ninonline.org/forum/index.php?/topic/1939-application-guide/http://www.ninonline.org/forum/index.php?/topic/1939-application-guide/).

You can go [here](http://www.ninonline.org/forum/index.php?/topic/221-nin-online-base-sprite/) for information on how to apply as a pixel artist.

**Contact**

Add me on Skype via Helladen, send me a personal message here, or email me via [[email protected]](mailto:).

• 2 weeks later...
**Rory**
Leader, main artist, and game designer.

**Seth**
Public relations, developer, and programmer. Leader of community management and engine development/direction. I also assist with making the game design more suitable in given areas by assisting Rory with specific changes and additions to the game design.

**Elk**
Art leader - he is directed by Rory and directs the rest of the artists with the guidance he is given.

**Justin**
Assists with hosting solutions and registering of bindings/contracts/LLC. for the studio we are forming.

**Crosswise**
Story leader - directs Kaito and Kenji for roleplaying groups, and writes the base story with their suggestions as well.

**Whack and Abhi**
Programmers.

Rest of the team is basically too new or too inactive to really mention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We're looking for artists, if you are good and able to make quality assets that match Nin Online then we will consider paying you. Please note, that any work you do for us free or paid, becomes owned by Couch Knight, LLC. upon completion.

You can go [here](http://www.ninonline.org/forum/index.php?/topic/221-nin-online-base-sprite/) for information on how to apply as a pixel artist.

• 3 months later...
"Creating content", as in using map editor, and things like that to make content accordingly, ord "creating content", as in coming up with it yourself? There's several steps of the creation of content. Assuming you know that, or at least able to figure them out yourself, I won't go into details of that. But if a developer is still in need, and it seems to be what I am hoping for, I'd be happy to take that role.

> "Creating content", as in using map editor, and things like that to make content accordingly, ord "creating content", as in coming up with it yourself? There's several steps of the creation of content. Assuming you know that, or at least able to figure them out yourself, I won't go into details of that. But if a developer is still in need, and it seems to be what I am hoping for, I'd be happy to take that role.

Your job to create content is to map out what Rory or I have planned. The design job is not open.