Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miguu I found a new glitch: Players can drop items while jumping, or falling, and an item will be floating in the air… make it so you can only drop items while not moving.

Edit: Here's the fix to this problem

Client ----> Sub SendDropItem

where it says:

```
If InBank Or InShop Then Exit Sub
```
Change it to

```
If InBank Or InShop Or OnGround = False Then Exit Sub
```
This makes sure you're on the ground when dropping the item. So if you jump in the air and right click an item it wont drop it because your not on the ground.

@MichaelNeroZ:

> Hey Mr.Miguu can you give me the download link of PVO Old Version..?
> I need to Use the Old version for my game…
> Thank You..:)

I'm not sure how old of a version we're talking about here…

@Whack:

> Miguu I found a new glitch: Players can drop items while jumping, or falling, and an item will be floating in the air…

Thank you for reminding me, Whack. I will make it so that items can't be dropped while jumping/falling.

Any updates? I'm not happy unless I'm using project vertigo. Love the work. Only one thing I'd change but I'm too noob to do it is making the picScreen the full size of the client and all the picCharacter, picInventory display over the picScreen. I tried searching this up, but It's wrackin my brain for PV. Looking forward to more releases!

@SolBadguy:

> I just hope that he works on frames thingy(double tapping=increase speed and showing running sprite frames, attacking frames being visible by all players ), like in the old PV
>
> I will be patient ^^

Oh yeah definitely. Can't rush brilliance. This is epic.

@MichaelNeroZ:

> oldversion look like theGUI cant edit,and the sprite using move,attack,jump animation…
> Thats all what i now...

I would wait for the new version wich will also have animation. The old pvo has a huge bug where all people gets a runtime error when someone logs out…

• 2 weeks later...
@nexusrightsi:

> MrMiguu I found a bug.
>
> I onley tested this with two players but when I jump it shows the jump animation on everyone, but I'm the onley one jumping

You aren't suppose to be running two clients on the same computer.

@Noctis:

> Anything new from PVO?

Not yet.

I have been listening to music _religiously_, lately. Can't seem to find the desire to finishing up what I've started (fixing the desync of player jumping animations). I'll probably look into that today, since I'm on spring break. Got the majority of it figured out without having to create new, useless packets to send. I want to use the _step_ variable.

@MrMiguu:

> Not yet.
>
> I have been listening to music _religiously_, lately. Can't seem to find the desire to finishing up what I've started (fixing the desync of player jumping animations). I'll probably look into that today, since I'm on spring break. Got the majority of it figured out without having to create new, useless packets to send. I want to use the _step_ variable.

Can't wait. I'm having Beta for our game first week of April, but I need those bugfixes 0.0 please release it soon!

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't snooped round the code too much so I dont know if it'd be easier, but could you make the jumping height constant? Like instead of holding up to jump higher, set a tile amount?

Just a suggestion, I know you got alot on your plate already