Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Whack:

> Urgent server crashing bug found! If you place slide diagonally, and then place a block under each slide, when you go onto the slide it crashes the server.
>
> Keep in mind that the slides were sliding left (assuming that makes a difference)

Do slide tiles even work? xD

I completely disregarded them. I will look into that.

@AmSamurai:

> Still planning on only having animals as characters?

Yes. :)

@Tagi:

> Not funny.

I lol'ed.

@Tagi:

> Could somebody post a mirror? The link is broken for me.

If the link ever goes down, try it again later. I leave my server on 24/7 for people to download and whatnot. I apologize for the inconvenience.

@Whack:

> Idk, I guess not. I never knew what they did in EO2.0, but I thought they were for something in the old PVO. You should make them work. Oh and also, wondering if pets system works for PVO? need it bad :/

If they depend on an NPC AI, then I'm going to have to say no.

I only say no because the pets cannot technically follow you. I would really like to get NPCs working well with gravity and whatnot, but it is not easy when I am modifying the work of others; I don't know the exact architecture and how every other dynamic functions within it (ofc, I could read the code, but that only goes so far).

Someone like Robin would have much more meta-physical understanding of Eclipse Origins since he basically put it together from the ground-up.

@Whack:

> Urgent server crashing bug found! If you place slide diagonally, and then place a block under each slide, when you go onto the slide it crashes the server.

Because it slides you directly to the left/right, straight into a blocked tile. This would happen in regular EO, if I'm not mistaken.

I get you were trying to make a smooth staircase, but I didn't port over the feature (mainly because I didn't even know it worked).

**:EDIT:**
I can verify that it does – in fact -- occur in a similar situation using a vanilla-copy of EO.

@Whack:

> Well will there be staricases, because thats what I was trying to make lol.

I tried making them.

It didn't work too well because it conflicted with the moving-up-stair motion and the jumping-up-and-left motion. If it had worked just fine, I would have left it in.

Plus, I don't want to complicate the integrity of other developers' games with adding in foreign features. We're trying to avoid seeing cookie-cutter side-scrolling ORPGs.

tl;dr: Adversity provokes creativity.

@Erwin:

> Why don't you just upload them somewhere else than on your pc?
> Thats way easier for you and us. ;)

Because then I have to upload to a mirror site every time I release a new hotfix.

It's not that my site is unreliable; my computer is always running. Do you know of Abyss Web Server? That's exactly what I use.

Whenever I read that you guys are having difficulties with the site, I immediately check to see if I can access it myself; I always can. If I can't, then I just reboot the server. That has not been the case the past few times you guys have complained about its stability. You've tried it later during the day, correct?

@Tylian!:

> Oh god I've had so many problems with Abyss Web server in the past. It seems to not like more than one connection at a time, or something.
>
> Personal experience from years ago though. cent cent.

Thanks for the input!

I did not know about that. :o

@Whack:

> This is sort of a bug, but when you jump and theres a block one tile directly above you, or a directional block, if you hold down the up key, your guy doesn't move at all, but it spams the jump.wav like a hundred times over and over ><

Thank you, Whack.

Noted.

@Whack:

> Do not listen to this girl lol I have over 30 sprites that I edited to work with this new format xD

Old format to this format shouldn't be a lot work (this one to old one will though). The old format is better in my opinion because it allows you to add different animations for attack, running, walking, etc. Also you were able to choose how many frames for standing, and how many for walking, etc.

Also MrMiguu have said earlyer that the new versions will still use the same animation system, but I just like him to confirm if that will still happen sooner or later since it changed now.

**@Whack** Don't worry. Your current sprites will fit the new up-coming format with easy (just change some variables around).

**@hedgy** Yes, I will bring back the new format. I will work to make it less bandwidth intensive as it was before.

**:EDIT:**
I've figured out what's been wrong with the web server. I will get to fixing it today! I am sorry for ignoring your complaints; they were, _in fact_, genuine.

@MrMiguu:

> **@Whack** Don't worry. Your current sprites will fit the new up-coming format with easy (just change some variables around).
>
> **@hedgy** Yes, I will bring back the new format. I will work to make it less bandwidth intensive as it was before.
>
> **:EDIT:**
> I've figured out what's been wrong with the web server. I will get to fixing it today! I am sorry for ignoring your complaints; they were, _in fact_, genuine.

Great to hear, thank you to confirm it. :D I'll be looking forward to your next updates.