Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@Miguu:

> Just finished adding the timer fix depending on the amount of frames. As complicated as that sounds, it's very simple. I basically just have one main time-value (a.k.a. FRAMES_LENGTH = 500 for the gettickcount check) and it's divided by the amount of frames for each specific action. So if you have 6 frames of movement to show smooth transitions, a lower number for FRAMES_LENGTH would give a very seemless slide.

DAMMIT stop adding stuff my plastic keyboard cover can only handle so much drool!!!

Now I really can't wait until it's released!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miguu! Although I am not using origins, I am mighty impressed by your edit to EO!

This may sound like "spoon feeding," but you are without a doubt the ONLY "Eclipse Legend" XD

You're the man!

@Miguu:

> Because I:
> 1\. Had to say something. But of course
> 2\. Attempted to avoid sounding arrogant People do awesome things earned the right to be arrogant
> 3\. Attempted to avoid sounding sarcastic This is the internet everybody is sarcastic

Hey I think I may have found a bug or maybe its just me but when I add a point to like str or speed or whatever I get a free one so.. lets say at level one you have 0 points and at level 2 you have 1 well when you apply that one point its says you have two do it again and you get 3 and so on it doesnt stop. if its just me can someone tell me how to fix it. It's like infinate points by gaining one level.

@luriok:

> Hey I think I may have found a bug or maybe its just me but when I add a point to like str or speed or whatever I get a free one so.. lets say at level one you have 0 points and at level 2 you have 1 well when you apply that one point its says you have two do it again and you get 3 and so on it doesnt stop. if its just me can someone tell me how to fix it. It's like infinate points by gaining one level.

Don't worry about it. Miguu is going to release a much better version of PV pretty soon and that will be no longer a problem. It's only a few days(I hope).

The tmrTest, I believe was also used for a script to truly make a male and female paperdoll. It worked with the character creation and used the gender you picked to dedicate specific items to each gender only. (Preventing males from equipping outfits made for females and vise versa obviously.)

Actually Miguu if you could program that in the main I'm sure it would be a simple feature that would just make PV even more amazing.

With the old mains, it used to be that you just added it to the bottom and blah, but now with Godlord's cleaned up main, it never made the cut unfortunately.

However, I'm sure people would love to be able to use it to assign specific genders with specific items. It would definitely make paperdolling easier being that you don't have to worry about items working on some sprites and not aligning properly on others.

ON A SIDE NOTE: I know I haven't seen the origins edit yet, I was just tootin yer whistle XD haha but none the less I'm sure anything you do will obvious reign surpreme!  ;D

But yeah, the tmrTest would be a good addition. And I'm not sure if all these sweet updates are only for origins but if you'd be so kind, a nice edit with these features to ES would be kindly appreciated.  ;)

Love you Miguu! XD

@Gohan:

> It's fine lol I know the longer I wait the better the engine will be. It's just that like every other human being, I don't want to wait for epic stuff XD

I don't blame you XD Epicness is just too good to wait for, and this surpasses the Epicness mark by far. Can't wait for the new versions :P