Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[UPDATE]

[HOTFIX #1]
- [top-of-map stuck glitch] fix and the [bottom-of-map stuck glitch] fix.
- Fix for the top-of-jump sprite flicker.
- NPCs are even smarter! If you stand on them, they will move to the side and start attacking. If you jump to a pltform on top of the NPC, it will quickly move aside and start owning you.

Download: [PV Hotfix #1](http://173.58.134.49/PV_Hotfix_1.zip)

@Miguu:

> @Gohan:
>
> > @Miguu:
> >
> > > Stop drooling ;D
> >
> > I refuse ;D
>
> Buf if you drool into your keyboard, you'll mess up your keys and thus, won't be able to use the new [PV] unless you buy a new keyboard and gain self discipline for drooling.

I have one of those plastic laptop slip-covers so it wouldn't make any difference, I can just wipe up the drool.

So again I refuse ;D

Oh. In that case -drool all you want.

[UPDATE]
I was having some weird bugs but I seem to have ironed most of them out. The only problem now is that when playing, other players will "pause" when at the peak of their jump. I'm looking into fixing it at the moment. Other than that, eveything works perfect (no more glitchy jumping for "other" players on the map, I fixed it!)

@Miguu:

> @Gohan:
>
> > Any idea when the Origins version will be up?
>
> Once I get this "other player" top-of-jump stuck bug fixed. I also want to implement a static back ground.

Tiles are 32x32 right? and map size is 31x31 tiles? Then wouldn't you just need to have it draw a static background from a 992x992 image right?

@Gohan:

> @Miguu:
>
> > @Gohan:
> >
> > > Any idea when the Origins version will be up?
> >
> > Once I get this "other player" top-of-jump stuck bug fixed. I also want to implement a static back ground.
>
> Tiles are 32x32 right? and map size is 31x31 tiles? Then wouldn't you just need to have it draw a static background from a 992x992 image right?

I don't need help on understanding how parallax backgrounds work. I have a system already in [PV]. Besides, you're wrong. I only need a image the size of the picScreen then render it at XY(0, 0). Your method would be no better than just having a background stay put similar to regular tiles.

Sorry. Didn't mean to get so defensive. I got the thing working perfectly, dynamically, and smoothly. The only things left to really do are fix the slight pause at the top of the "other" players jumps and add attribute-specific tile collision checks for jumping and landing.

@Miguu:

> Sorry. Didn't mean to get so defensive. I got the thing working perfectly, dynamically, and smoothly. The only things left to really do are fix the slight pause at the top of the "other" players jumps and add attribute-specific tile collision checks for jumping and landing.

Awesome :D Can't wait until it's finished.

[UPDATE]
The new [PV] Origins now has fully dynamic animations for: standing, walking, attacking, jumping, and falling. In the code just set the FRAMES_STANDING = however many frames you want for standing. The other frames are right underneath it. Right now its set to:
```
' Static frames/animations
Public Const FRAMES_STANDING As Integer = 1
Public Const FRAMES_WALKING As Integer = 2
Public Const FRAMES_ATTACKING As Integer = 1
Public Const FRAMES_JUMPING As Integer = 1
Public Const FRAMES_FALLING As Integer = 1
```All animations/frames will be timer-rendered and to add more just change the number for whatever type of frame and add/take away frames in the 1.BMP file.

@Miguu:

> [UPDATE]
> The new [PV] Origins now has fully dynamic animations for: standing, walking, attacking, jumping, and falling. In the code just set the FRAMES_STANDING = however many frames you want for standing. The other frames are right underneath it. Right now its set to:
> ```
> ' Static frames/animations
> Public Const FRAMES_STANDING As Integer = 1
> Public Const FRAMES_WALKING As Integer = 2
> Public Const FRAMES_ATTACKING As Integer = 1
> Public Const FRAMES_JUMPING As Integer = 1
> Public Const FRAMES_FALLING As Integer = 1
> ```All animations/frames will be timer-rendered and to add more just change the number for whatever type of frame and add/take away frames in the 1.BMP file.

Perfect feature for the Zoids we're building :O

Miguu you are awesome  ;D

Just finished adding the timer fix depending on the amount of frames. As complicated as that sounds, it's very simple. I basically just have one main time-value (a.k.a. FRAMES_LENGTH = 500 for the gettickcount check) and it's divided by the amount of frames for each specific action. So if you have 6 frames of movement to show smooth transitions, a lower number for FRAMES_LENGTH would give a very seemless slide.