Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sleep Paralysis

zombie0hour

Sleep Paralysis is an event that occurs in 30% of the population. You wake up unable to move, or talk and you often feel an extremely terrifying presence in your room. Such as a ghost, alien etc. Many often have some sort of creature holding them down. I have experienced this 20+ times in my life and it is very terrifying. Has anyone else ever experienced it?

Actually everyone experiences it. Some just wake up before its gone.

Sleep paralysis is a natural thing that occurs during sleep to make sure that when we dream the we are running, oour body dosnt actually go through the motions.

Its actually pretty easy to get out of it.

sometimes i have trouble waking up. its really weird and scary.
Like your still on your dream world but concious on your surrounding, then on that dream you can see what would you see the samething when your awake but lurry. Your also aware that its your dream and whenever you wanna wake up its hard

@Hyperion:

> Doesn't this just have to do with coming out of sleep so rapidly that your brain isn't aware that you're awake so you feel paralyzed? I believe I read somewhere about this and it seemed interesting

Yes, that's exactly what happens.  And though it seems interesting, it certainly isn't a good experence.

So i have had it actually, if anyone remembers that old topic i made a while back, about when the black got blacker and there was no light, then the next day i slept walked into the wall and i thought i was in the bathroom and i reached for the door, no doorknob, i reach for the light, no light switch, i scream and bang, but theres no one, and nothing there, im alone.

Then ive also had dreams that were so realistic i thought it was 2:00PM but it was really 7AM. When i woke up i thought i had just come back from school.

I've had dreams where creatures are choking me and I literally wake up because I can't breath.  Normally I'll see an image floating above me after the choking event. 

Last time it happened to me I had this amazingly long and creepy dream and at the end an evil presence had it's hands around my throat.  I started to panic, but I knew I had to calm my self down in the dream to get enough air to scream for help, I screamed and then I woke up.  Gasping for air and _dizzy_ what I saw above me was an EVIL looking 1920'2 era telephone.  That didn't frighten me so much as amaze me that it looked so _real_!

Although the phone fit right in with the dream I had involving to separate realities I was living in, Pontiac making rubber made cars (At wonderfully affordable prices) and having in dream amnesia.  But that's not the point of the topic.

I've had that feeling. I had a dream, something like a hellhound if I remember right, holding me down by my shoulders, drooling on my face - no there was no drool when I woke up - but It started to rip into my chest and chock me. I gasped out for air and screamed, I woke up. I had a massive pain on my chest and I was winded.

Anyway, I've had sleep paralysis. I've had it about 3 - 4 times.

@Xeross:

> You'd probably hallucinate while in sleep paralysis because your brain still kind of thinks you're asleep thus the dreaming sort of continues.
>
> Regards, Xeross

It has to do with some REM thing. Its very complicated.. dream science is. Its one of the final frontiers of science.. that and space.,
@Hippo- Yea I see whats holding me down. Some sort of demonic thing, or a hellhound. Funny thing.. people use to call it "Witch on your back". I am going to have to see a Doctor or something becasue I have had it 10 times in a month before.. and those are signs of this sleeping disorder.

Bone there are some key factors that can cause Sleep Paralysis if you want to experience it. Not sleeping for a long time, sleeping on your back or face down.. having a lucid dream.. those are the ones i know. I always sleep on my side to prevent sleep paralysis that is the best way to prevent it.