Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planned project from an already succesful Game designer

Availer

Hey guys,

I hope you are all doing well!

Currently looking for an Art Director and Lead Programmer for a future project,

Just to explain the posts further:

Art Director: Lead artist working on the project, will work with Lead Design to finalise an art direction and will work on developing the graphical assets for the game.

Lead Programmer: Lead programmer who will work with Lead Design to implement mechanics, also to foresee server administration and upkeep. 

EDIT: Will most likely be using WebGL.

I have over 5 years of experience and networking working on designing and maintaining games. Past and current projects include DungeonRealms and Lord of the Craft, feel free to google them. Both very succesful and large ventures, but I am looking into expanding into creating a standalone experience.

Big backing, experience, flair and quality control.

Hope to hear from you soon, offering contractual payments and in future, possible partnership.

Please either PM me or email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- Contact details

- CV

- Portfolio (if you don't have a CV)

- Education level

Many thanks,

EDIT: Didn't expect to say this, but don't reply if you are not interested.

> I have over 5 years of experience and networking working on designing and maintaining games. Past and current projects include DungeonRealms and Lord of the Craft, feel free to google them. Both very succesful and large ventures, but I am looking into expanding into creating a standalone experience.

I have some questions for you…

* How old are you?
* Why are your "Past and Current Projects" only minecraft servers
* What "Networking Experience" do you have other than dragging a winsock control in vb6?
* Why are you using Eclipse if you intend to make an actual game???

I'm 21,

You have to start somewhere, and the easiest and most convenient way to create a gaming environment is to use an already prepared "engine". The thing with Minecraft is that, not only do you get a sandbox engine to work with, you also get access to a massive community, perhaps the largest in the gaming world. Hence, it's much easier for a two man team to create an experience using Minecraft and to create the game world and gameplay via Minecraft, than to grab an engine, build a game from scratch. 

Networking experience refers to my experience in creating connections with other individuals and groups in the industry, not to data networking. 

Because I feel like it has potential, and although it isn't like Minecraft, it will offer more flexibility albeit less coverage. But eclipse isn't the only choice on the table currently.

> The thing with Minecraft is that, not only do you get a sandbox engine to work with, you also get access to a massive community, perhaps the largest in the gaming world. Hence, it's much easier for a two man team to create an experience using Minecraft and to create the game world and gameplay via Minecraft, than to grab an engine, build a game from scratch.

Minecraft is a game, it's not an engine. You cant create a game with it, only maps and redstone circuits. It doesnt give you that much experience with game development, at least from my point of view.

> I have over 5 years of experience and networking working on **designing and maintaining games**. Past and current projects include **DungeonRealms and Lord of the Craft**, feel free to google them. Both very succesful and large ventures, but I am looking into expanding into creating a standalone experience.

… ... ...

> - CV
>
> - Portfolio (if you don't have a CV)
>
> - Education level

Oh, you are serious?

> Minecraft is a game, it's not an engine. You cant create a game with it, only maps and redstone circuits. It doesnt give you that much experience with game development, at least from my point of view.

SMP can be considered an engine. We are able to edit the game to a certain extent via the translated bukkit source. We reached a point where we run our own source of the game and are able to hard-code additions. I'm pretty sure we didn't use a line of redstone and you can check out the games to see how different they are from the normal Minecraft experience. I respect your point of view, but you obviously haven't developed a Minecraft server.

House, if you could send some examples of work, I'ld be happy to talk about the project in a bit more detail privately.

> Hosting a Minecraft server is literally nothing compared to making a game. It's like making your own OS with Linux. You install a bunch of packages and package it up. You got your own OS! Not really.

It really isn't buddy, but we're not here to compare * sizes, there's a reason that communities such as this one don't prosper, it's due to very toxic and ignorant responses from little-minded individuals.

Requesting a lock of this thread from a FMOD, thank you.

> It really isn't buddy, but we're not here to compare * sizes, there's a reason that communities such as this one don't prosper, it's due to very toxic and ignorant responses from little-minded individuals.
>
>  
>
>  
>
> Requesting a lock of this thread from a FMOD, thank you.

No, we're just calling it as it is. Too much sugarcoating existing already.

> It really isn't buddy, but we're not here to compare * sizes, there's a reason that communities such as this one don't prosper, it's due to very toxic and ignorant responses from little-minded individuals.

Sugarcoating your ego will cause you to never get better. I actually make **commercial games**. I have been making games for over a decade now.

[Nin Online](http://www.ninonline.org/forum/index.php?/portal/).

[Silverdale](http://silverdaleorpg.com/forum/portal.php).

[Blasters](http://silverdaleorpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)

None is sugar coating anything. I'll be happy to talk about the design and coding process behind DungeonRealms if you bother to ask, and I'll be happy to dispell any confusion.

However, pulling the *I actually make* commercial games, which means, I made a relatively polished rendition of Eclipse, is frankly lame.

Not trying to be condescending, but we built a community of 40,000 members and a community of 88,000 members. I'm not here to argue with some random lads on the internet, and me being inherently stubborn is the only reason I'm replying to your bait remarks.

You haven't got anything good to say? Just keep quiet, you make a fool of yourself.